ooooooooooo

Engine underpowered??

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In May of this year I took delivery of a new 2019 Automatic transmission Roxor. It's the limited edition Roxor with the 4 passenger ROPS. It comes with bigger tires than stock. Problem is going uphill. The transmission doesn't downshift easily and I frequently have to manually put it in low gear to get up a hill. The engine will knock and practically stall. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Engine doesn't seem to have enough power.

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can’t comment on the automatic, I have a manual; but, this thing desperately needs a tune to realize a normal level of power that you probably expected. Diesel Freak stage 2 for me and very happy with it.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok...and thank you for responding. I am new to all of this and not sure what that means. I will contact them for assistance. Do you know what it costs to upgrade?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with Gilomen stage 2. Only 300 for same upgrade. Couldn't see spending 600 for what I can get for cheaper

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank You. I will contact them and ask a few questions. The engine is completely stock with no upgrades. I am hoping this stage 2 upgrade will make the difference. The way its running now I feel like I'm damaging either the engine or the transmission with the lack of performance. Thanks to all for your response. This seems very helpful.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Diesel freak ...Wade's the guy there , he also increased the glow plug time for better winter starts plus several other options as well. Call him and compare both tunes and options ....

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Appreciate the feedback. I see his name mentioned quite often. Seems to be the "go to" guy when we are talking about Roxor's. I'm not a gear head. Just looking for a better match between the A/T and engine. Thank you mickeybobs for helping me out!

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My rig will easily go 75 ,much faster than I every drive . 60 for me is normal .I just posted on the Amero blog here about a cheap top for our rigs from Harbor Fright ...

adam8504

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can’t comment on the automatic, I have a manual; but, this thing desperately needs a tune to realize a normal level of power that you probably expected. Diesel Freak stage 2 for me and very happy with it.
Did you upgrade your clutch yet

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Clutch, I don't even use mine. Once out of second I float the gears. This guy's is an Automatic

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I already have the 4 passenger ROPS. Does anyone have any experience with either the soft or hard enclosures?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I couldn't wait to get rid of those Rops..lol

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Different strokes, different folks. I couldn’t wait to get the full ROPS so I could install the full soft top for 4 season use as well as provide more safety to the back seat, when occupied (rare). I’m very happy with the oem full soft top.

DC74DE6D-8397-4B27-A724-B550BFE3C46D.jpeg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine came with it and I traded mine with mickeybobs straight across. Then I altered it further to look more like the CJ7. Mine also came with the high back seat that I sold to a 2013 Wrangler owner

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks good Mpm! I think I would rather go with the soft enclosure mainly because of storage issues when not using it. I'm wondering that since I already have the bimini top could I just get the sides, doors and rear or perhaps leave the binini top on and have this new enclosure go over it. I just use my Roxor for occasional use on secondary/rural roads.