ooooooooooo

engine clatter

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There used to be a lot of talk about engine clatter. Mine did, but forgot when it quit. I have 2990 mi on it now and it is just a hummer. It is stage 2 and I run it everywhere. Poke along off road and hit the highway at 60. Just curious how other units are doing.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine changes clatter ..louder at 40 mph ...tune made no diff. Went to 235 85 16 tires..made no diff. I have stage 2 with auto...40 mph clatter here to stay I guess.

Ridem32

They all clatter at 40 mph and above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Two Roxors wirh combined 5k miles. Both have the 40 mph clatter. They had it with stock tires at exactly 40 mph and still have it with larger tires.

Ridem32

Wish we knew why....but something changes at 40 mph....

I believe it’s emissions. The clatter we hear I think is raw fuel being dumped in the cylinders at 40mph and above. Same as all new tractors having to regen every so many hours. They rev very high dumping in raw fuel to burn out the exhaust system. I think ours do it every time we hit 40 it’s a cheap way to get around emissions. Lots of talk about speedo units going bad on roxors I bet theirs don’t clatter due to speedo not working. But that’s just my guess.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
An easy way to find out.. drive 10 miles under 40mph , then drive 42mph when it starts and compare mileage ....

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Almost 20k on mine, no noticeable clatter at any speed

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What mileage do you get ? auto or shift ? 20k wow ...any troubles?
Manual, 2018, in the summer without the hardcab 33-35, in the winter with it 31+- Knock on wood, no trouble, I change my oils regularly, rotate my tires, air filter, etc. I have diesel freaks stage 1 tune, otherwise stock

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine changes clatter ..louder at 40 mph ...tune made no diff. Went to 235 85 16 tires..made no diff. I have stage 2 with auto...40 mph clatter here to stay I guess.
Wondering what year your Roxor is and if you had any issues with the auto trans and stage 2. My 2019 Roxor with auto is a mess with the stage 2.

Ridem32

Wondering what year your Roxor is and if you had any issues with the auto trans and stage 2. My 2019 Roxor with auto is a mess with the stage 2.

Who did you stage 2? Diesel freaks did mine and it runs great!! They all clatter above 40 mph. With or without the tune

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What year is your Roxor? I heard the 2019 automatic Roxors did not have the proper gearing for a stage 2 tune. When this was changed in 2020 the stage 2 worked much better.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am going to hold off on revealing who did my Stage 2 tune as he said I can return to have it re-tuned. I will post when I get it back and let you know the results. I appreciate the feedback. Thanks