ooooooooooo

Engine underpowered??

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have it in a box in my barn. Let me lay hands on it later this week and then we’ll work on the pms. You should be able to just click my avatar/name and then select start a conversation from the drop down menu.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Click on his name and start conversation that's how you PM him.

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Woodhound, I have noticed similar automatic transmission problems.

Problem 1 - When braking to a stop sometimes the transmission holds onto the engine to the point of stalling the engine. When you brake to stop, the machine attempts to continue to push you along while you must force the brake, against the transmission's opposite forward effort, thus stalling the engine and stopping the machine. Pumping the brake when this happens will stop the effect, but this still isn't how it should operate.

Problem 2 - When climbing hills and then cresting to a flat area the machine launches as if the torque convertor was excessively slipping while climbing and then, at level ground, the transmission then grabs aggressively and gains excessive speed. Downshifting or a torque converter lock would likely fix this.

Roxor customer service states, "I am not aware of any issue, if you feel there concern take your unit to an authorized dealer for inspection." I call BS on this response. Anyone who test drove these machines should realize there is a problem. I am not about to haul my machine far away to a dealer that will leave it setting for weeks and still not have a solution to fix the problems. They would only say something like, "we couldn't replicate the symptoms", or "it's nothing to be concerned about".

The real fix has to be in the TCM (transmission control module). It seems that the TCM must be an internal part of the transmission. These transmissions are a GM product GM6L50 and are used in several other brands too. Some have TQ locks which I feel would be nice to add to the Roxor.

If anyone knows a good transmission guy that has the ability to make changes to the TCM or add a TQ lock, I am very interested.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have 2019 with auto with DF stage 2 .Mine does not act like Roxrivers rig tho it did have wierd shift patterns ,it was awful .By putting 235/85 16 tires did help my shift pattern. It was like a whole new rig .I really like the auto trans now.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I also have a 2019 auto and don't experience the problems that roxoriver does. The problem that I experienced was it just seemed the engine was not powerful enough to support the transmission going uphill with any extra weight in it. I put the gilomen stage 2 tune in it and it's much better now.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ya ...I also had him remove the limp mode for the seatbelts ..&...several other things ...ask him
I didn't do anything about the limiter on the seat belt since new. One day I just noticed it quit working while putting around in a field

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Different strokes, different folks. I couldn’t wait to get the full ROPS so I could install the full soft top for 4 season use as well as provide more safety to the back seat, when occupied (rare). I’m very happy with the oem full soft top.

View attachment 9758
Mpm did you get the soft top directly from Mahindra or through a dealer?

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mpm did you get the soft top directly from Mahindra or through a dealer?

I got it from Sherwood Tractor Parts. I ordered it in October 2020. Unfortunately, I’m getting the impression that this full soft top isn’t available anymore. It’s made by bestop and was shipped direct from them. Maybe you could contact bestop?

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, it seems they are very hard to come by. When I purchased my 2019 Roxor from the dealer a year and a half ago I also ordered the bikini top for it. When I picked it up I noticed it had a Bestop tag on it. It seems Bestop is the supplier for Mahindra but you can't go directly to Bestop. You have to go through dealer. Dealer contacts Mahindra and then Mahindra contacts Bestop. Problem now is I ordered the full soft enclosure from dealer and dealer contacted Mahindra who said it was in stock and ready to ship. This was in the beginning of Dec. We are now middle of January and when dealer contacts Mahindra all Mahindra says is "No shipping date available"

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Appreciate your feedback though Mpm..........At least the dealer has offered a refund. Dealer also stated that a rep from Mahindra was coming to visit them soon so I'll wait to hear how the visit went and if the dealer could get any answers. Thanks again!