ooooooooooo

Clatter

runner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
At 40 mph I have engine clatter that just started after I installed a egr delete and a cold air intake. Does anyone have this issue?

Ksurr

My Roxor has this issue too. It started before I did an EGR delete and KMS tune. Deleting the EGR and tuning didn't change the "chatter" at all.
Several others have posted on here about it too.
I've just decided to drive it and not worry about it. Hopefully that works out for me.

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve driven three different Roxor’s all with tune and deletes and they all do it, mine came with tune when I purchased it as did the others. Someone posted that theirs quit doing it when they disconnected speed sensor I haven’t tried that yet as I need speedometer to drive it is strange how it happens exactly at 40 mph

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine does it. It starts around 40 but if you modulate your throttle you’ll find the clatter pitch changes. Not sure what it is. If you’ll back off the throttle to just slight pressure it becomes more noticable. mash it all the way down and it changes pitch till you get up in speed then it seems to go away completely. That or I can’t hear it for the wind/road noise. either way it seems to be a character trait of the roxor so I wouldn’t worry about it much.

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've noticed a vibration frequency at about 40mph in 4th gear that is much more noticeable. I'm glad it is not just me.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine does it. It starts around 40 but if you modulate your throttle you’ll find the clatter pitch changes. Not sure what it is. If you’ll back off the throttle to just slight pressure it becomes more noticable. mash it all the way down and it changes pitch till you get up in speed then it seems to go away completely. That or I can’t hear it for the wind/road noise. either way it seems to be a character trait of the roxor so I wouldn’t worry about it much.
Check your gaskets and make sure try are not leaking. When I did mine I had a leak on the manifold. I took it back apart and redid it. No problem with it now.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check your gaskets and make sure try are not leaking. When I did mine I had a leak on the manifold. I took it back apart and redid it. No problem with it now.
It’s the clatter. don’t believe it’s a gasket leak. Clatter changes noise.

B

Bister

Normal as far as I’m concerned. Done it since new, has never changed. Just drive it.

Tokarev

Normal as far as I’m concerned. Done it since new, has never changed. Just drive it.
Mine does it too. Both before and after tune.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

runner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
New was normal diesel clatter but it goes from new diesel clatter to old diesel clatter. Hitting 40 changes the pitch like others posted. I’m gonna try the floor it like mentioned.

BSI

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The 40mph and above clatter, does not happen if the speed sensor is unhooked. Knowing that should be
a good clue as to what is causing the noise, to those who know tuning? Unfortunately I am not one who knows tuning and have not
found anyone that has been able to explain it.
The only advise I've received is drive it and don't worry about it, Wish I could have thought of that?

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So u have tried disconnecting ur speed sensor and it went away?

BSI

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, disconnect it at the front of the rear drive shaft. It's easy to do. If I'm traveling any distance, and spending much time over
40mph, I disconnect it. It's like flipping a switch, the over 40 clatter is gone.
The only problem with that is no mph is shown on the speedometer.

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So, when the officer asks " Do you know how fast you were going?" You can HONESTLY say, No sir, not a clue.. haha.. now to decide to try to rebuild a 1950 CJ3A with a rusted tub & no brakes, or try to but a ROXOR..

MAGAHAWK

At 40 mph I have engine clatter that just started after I installed a egr delete and a cold air intake. Does anyone have this issue?
A cold air intake will magnify engine noise because because of the "echo" resonating back thru the intake tube. Stock intake is designed to muffle this noise but is also more restrictive. All diesel engines "clatter" mainly due to the high compression ratio and valve train design. You will also notice different variations of sounds depending on the engine load. Certain RPM ranges are much noisier than others but does not indicate a problem. Freaks some people out if they are not used to driving diesel powered machines. (ever hear an old VW Rabbit Diesel running? sounds like a Ninja blender full of nuts and bolts....... but will run forever) The Mahindra design is louder than typical automotive design diesel vehicles because it is more of an industrial design (tractor engine) Bottom line: Unless you notice a loss in power just Drive and enjoy:cool:

runner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your right at 45 I couldn’t really hear it.

BSI

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Let us know what you find.
It night and day difference with the speed sensor unhooked on my Roxor.

MAGAHAWK

Let us know what you find.
It night and day difference with the speed sensor unhooked on my Roxor.
Interesting - I'm just trying to understand the correlation between engine noise and speed sensor. Have you noticed a difference at all speed / RPM's? For example: is there a noise difference at say 2200 RPM with speed sensor plugged in vs disconnected? Be interesting to find out. Also looking at your last 4 of vin looks like you may have a 2019. Does it throw any codes or warning lights when disconnected? I'm told 2018's will not but 2019's will. Thanks for the info:cool:

BSI

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2019, with a tune, but the tune didn't have any affect not the clatter. With the tune, a code/warning does not show when the sensor is unhooked.
Re: rpm, the over 40mph clatter occurs at all rpms, as long as the vehicle is moving over 40mph. I can be coasting down hill over 40 mph clutch in, and the clatter occurs from idle on up, and as soon as the vehicle speed drops below 40mph the clatter goes away from idle on up. Doesn't matter what gear I'm in when go over/under 40 the clatter starts/stops.