ooooooooooo

EGR delete done!

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I looked over the EGR delete instructions but still not sure what to do with the coolant lines.

You can either just insert the caps between the EGR cooler and the pipes, leaving the coolant lines untouched, or you can remove everything EGR and cap the coolant lines off at the pump. I did the latter, until I installed a heater unit. Then the two lines worked great for plumbing the needed hot water. I also installed a shutoff valve so I can shut off the heat in the summer. I saved the hoses I took off the EGR, and reused them for the heater.

runner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can either just insert the caps between the EGR cooler and the pipes, leaving the coolant lines untouched, or you can remove everything EGR and cap the coolant lines off at the pump. I did the latter, until I installed a heater unit. Then the two lines worked great for plumbing the needed hot water. I also installed a shutoff valve so I can shut off the heat in the summer. I saved the hoses I took off the EGR, and reused them for the heater.
Thanks. Before I start I want to make sure I have everything I need, what kind of plug do I need to buy? Anything else I might need before starting? I not much of a parts changer so any additional info will help a bunch.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks. Before I start I want to make sure I have everything I need, what kind of plug do I need to buy? Anything else I might need before starting? I not much of a parts changer so any additional info will help a bunch.

Well, I bought a kit from JimmyB so it came with all the pieces. The plugs were really more like caps, 5/8 inch inside diameter, with hose clamps to fit. Here is a link to what looks like the right caps: Robot Check

Other than extra hardware if you damage the old socket head bolts when taking them out like I did, I can't think of anything that isn't in the instructions.

runner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I done the egr delete but it clatters when I reach 40 mph. I also put a cold air intake on it. Is this normal????

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I done the egr delete but it clatters when I reach 40 mph. I also put a cold air intake on it. Is this normal????
I think it is normal...mine is bone stock and it's made that noise from day one. There's a thread about it on here somewhere.

Bhayarock

I dont know about how speed sensor is coming into equation but in diesel internal combustion engine you need to remember =
Low rpm and high compression inside the combustion chamber makes this rattling noise, most of the common rail engines have the injectors timed to do a preinjection of fuel per cycle to reduce this rattling, however it may not be perfect. So the ecm tune governs the timing of fuel injectors and other parameters and I beleive a good tune should have the minimum clatter.
So coming to the 40 mph I can only hypothesize that somehow the ecm at that rpm and speed is trying to constrict the fuel in injectors and that may be causing this clatter.
Having said that it's nothing to worry about unless you are offended by the clatter noise.

Last edited:

mcmacsten

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
getting an egr delete. Wade a diesel freaks told me I could also remove all the vac lines and all the components that were inline with the vac line. just need to cap vac line on air filter tube and the vac line nipple that's down by the alternator. looks clean without any of the egr or vacuum lines or components

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
getting an egr delete. Wade a diesel freaks told me I could also remove all the vac lines and all the components that were inline with the vac line. just need to cap vac line on air filter tube and the vac line nipple that's down by the alternator. looks clean without any of the egr or vacuum lines or components
Easier than installing the stock rear seats.