ooooooooooo

Check your Valve Cover

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I noticed that I was missing one of the 4 M8x1.25 hex nuts on top of my valve cover. As a result oil was seeping out and down the side of the motor. Thank you Detroit!!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Which side? Have a pic?
Like Johnny Cash said "One piece at a time"

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is the one. I need to do a major engine cleaning.

20191022_115451.jpg

MAGAHAWK

t
I noticed that I was missing one of the 4 M8x1.25 hex nuts on top of my valve cover. As a result oil was seeping out and down the side of the motor. Thank you Detroit!![/Q
Too bad you had to do our own pre-delivery inspection. Screw up #1 is on Mahindra - screw up #2 is on your Dealer. What else did they miss? More often than not it's some kid just checking off boxes on the factory form without really doing his job of inspecting the unit. Tell 'em you expect a refund on their so called "dealer prep fee" Go to the GM, not the service dept - they will only hide the issue from management. Politely inform the GM that you are going to contact their Mahindra Rep with your concerns (and do it) You probably won't get it but maybe the GM will kick someone in the A*S in the service dept. I got my fee Deleted AND a free Heavy duty Front bumper. In the future, regarding any vehicle purchase new or used, always do your inspection BEFORE signing final paper work with the business Mgr (the guy that tries to sell you the "extended warranty") That will give you tremendous leverage. I took the time to respond to this post because the Mahindra dealer network seems to be very weak in several aspects of their operational guidelines. When You buy a car you get a survey - you send in a negative survey and the factory Rep contacts the selling dealer. They keep messing up and they risk loosing certain Dealer incentives or even in the most extreme cases they loose the franchise for the product. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck:cool:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They should fix it, give you a free complete detail )in side and out) and comp you some how. I understand mistakes happen; however, I tend to be a bit on the OCD side with things, and that would have pissed me off. MAGAHAWK is right where is the quality control here?

Reactions: SMF

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They should fix it, give you a free complete detail )in side and out) and comp you some how. I understand mistakes happen; however, I tend to be a bit on the OCD side with things, and that would have pissed me off. MAGAHAWK is right where is the quality control here?
Most of us really like our Roxors, but this is disappointing. As a modern automotive start-up, Roxor has the opportunity to learn from the shortfalls of its competition. So far, the jury is still out on that. We've been down the QC road from the beginning. It's past time MANA gets on the learning curve in assembling a vintage design. Clearly, many dealers are not catching the factory's lack of attention to detail. When rollout issues arise, the customer can end up stuck in fingerprinting between the dealer and the factory. That's the wholly preventable kind of bad management. Its not just production line mistakes either. Roxor customer relations could also use a large dose of administrative QC. Their responses are seemingly all over the map, ranging anywhere from exceptional to abysmal. This forum's membership offers tens of thousands of hours of practical, operational experience with Roxor. It would be wise, never mind beneficial to the bottom line, were MANA to listen and, perhaps, acknowledge as much.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Most of us really like our Roxors, but this is disappointing. As a modern automotive start-up, Roxor has the opportunity to learn from the shortfalls of its competition. So far, the jury is still out on that. We've been down the QC road from the beginning. It's past time MANA gets on the learning curve in assembling a vintage design. Clearly, many dealers are not catching the factory's lack of attention to detail. When rollout issues arise, the customer can end up stuck in fingerprinting between the dealer and the factory. That's the wholly preventable kind of bad management. Its not just production line mistakes either. Roxor customer relations could also use a large dose of administrative QC. Their responses are seemingly all over the map, ranging anywhere from exceptional to abysmal. This forum's membership offers tens of thousands of hours of practical, operational experience with Roxor. It would be wise, never mind beneficial to the bottom line, were MANA to listen and, perhaps, acknowledge as much.
Funny you mention things other than manufacturing, I'm still waiting for a Roxor jacket I was promised when I bought mine. Doubt I'll ever see it, not a big deal, however it shows some oversight on someone's part somewhere. On the other hand my dealer has been pretty good.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My dealer had no idea where the Manual and spare key were so left without them. Got it home and found both in a seat box and also- the MSRP sheet and predelivery check sheet. Dealer flat lied about MSRP and obviously, the predelivery service was never done. Fluids were way off in all holes and the machine was filthy. The dealer sucked azz but the beast has been awesome!!

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Funny you mention things other than manufacturing, I'm still waiting for a Roxor jacket I was promised when I bought mine. Doubt I'll ever see it, not a big deal, however it shows some oversight on someone's part somewhere. On the other hand my dealer has been pretty good.
As for the free jacket, that deal comes front loaded with a requirement for patience. When you least expect it, after six months or so, UPS may deliver a large box. Should that occur, inside contains a nice note and fairly heavy weight jacket of seemingly good quality. For those still waiting, it has a black canvas shell with plaid lining, brass zipper, snap buttoned slash pockets, and embroidered Roxor/Mahindra Offroad and U.S. Veteran Duty Honor Country patches. The label reads Corner Stone by Port Authority, made in China. For authenticity's sake, one might have expected that it would have at least been made in India. Surely India hasn't exported their textile industry, like we've done. Anyhow, assuming it eventually does arrive, the jacket is really quite a nice gesture on Mahindra's part and much appreciated.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Anyone ever watch those videos of people doing stupid sh it? That's what we are dealing with. Motors are in crates and stuffed in. Same with the rest of the package. Be patient, the engineering is mostly there, just have to apply it all at the same time. Some loose stuff can be expected from a low cost anything. I still have affection for my bucket of loose bolts! LOL.

BDRAG

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
As for the free jacket, that deal comes front loaded with a requirement for patience. When you least expect it, after six months or so, UPS may deliver a large box. Should that occur, inside contains a nice note and fairly heavy weight jacket of seemingly good quality. For those still waiting, it has a black canvas shell with plaid lining, brass zipper, snap buttoned slash pockets, and embroidered Roxor/Mahindra Offroad and U.S. Veteran Duty Honor Country patches. The label reads Corner Stone by Port Authority, made in China. For authenticity's sake, one might have expected that it would have at least been made in India. Surely India hasn't exported their textile industry, like we've done. Anyhow, assuming it eventually does arrive, the jacket is really quite a nice gesture on Mahindra's part and much appreciated.
Lol, like I said not a huge deal, I've been waiting since January.

MAGAHAWK

My dealer had no idea where the Manual and spare key were so left without them. Got it home and found both in a seat box and also- the MSRP sheet and predelivery check sheet. Dealer flat lied about MSRP and obviously, the predelivery service was never done. Fluids were way off in all holes and the machine was filthy. The dealer sucked azz but the beast has been awesome!!

Same story here unused pre delivery check list under the seat. A whole bunch of Roxor owners have had issues with dealer service / satisfaction, some minor and some serious. I've never been an "activist" kind of guy but here goes: Yesterday I sent an E-mail to Mahindra Roxor customer service (go to their web site scroll down and click on "Contact us") voicing my concerns and dissatisfaction with the dealer network and quality control that reflected my personal experience with my local dealer. I'm urging every owner out there to do the same. It really is a shame that such a cool product is represented by such a weak uncaring dealer network. Want to become a Roxor Dealer? Great - looks like all you've got to do is buy a few units, put them on the front line, take the customers money and wave" Adios Motherfu**er" as they drive away!! ........NEXT!! Pre delivery.... No, customer follow up from dealer..... No, Customer Survey from Mahindra Roxor..... No, satisfied Roxor customer... NO!!
That's called the AMF business plan. Yep there are some great dealers out there but the bad ones will ruin the Roxor reputation. I've worked in the industry for many years and the dealership owners that I am familiar with would not put up with the BS that I hear about on this forum. Remember this: "When a customer is happy he will tell all his friends. When a customer is not happy he will tell every SOB he meets" So : not happy? Let Mahindra Roxor know about it and help them develop a stronger, better dealer network:cool: