ooooooooooo

Valve adjustments?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I know diesel engines make more noise than a gas engine. If engine knock is lets say a little louder than maybe I think it should be can the valves be adjusted? Second question. Wil engine knock go away with a tune? I noticed extra knocking driving around 45 - 50 mph.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The rattle doesn't go away with a tune. We call it a 45 mph rattle. Early diesel designs rattle.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the reply.
on fb. a few guys have said upgrading the lift pump. the one in the tank. helps the 45 mph rattle. haven't tried it. i would call wade at diesel freak and ask him. im straight piped so i no longer notice it.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yeah, don't tear into the machine just to (maybe) get rid of the 40 mph clatter.

That was a long discussed topic on this board maybe 2 years ago. There's nothing wrong. It's just the way the machine runs.

If you notice the clatter, you don't drive your machine enough. And there's a much more fun fix for that than tearing into the machine. ?

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I know what you are saying. On the other hand I have always been the ounce of prevention kind of guy. Even if it ain't broke yet a little tweek helps things stand the test of time. Unless I'm mistakes listed on the service chart is valve adjustments and with all the comments I have read on poor quality control of the units maybe they could have done better during production. Just saying.

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is there a fix for injector knock? This concern has been around since the roxor came to the US. I have seen some of the mods folks have done and they are over the top cool. I would have thought this problem would have been fix in the last 4 years.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The fix is get a gas engine. That's what makes the diesel sound. It isn't broken, it is what it is.

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi I'm sorry you feel that way. I guess you are new to the auto world. History has shown that auto makers have had millions of autos recalled for faulty parts, poor workmanship and a host of other reasons over the years. I my opinion there is nothing wrong with asking a question that's how we learn. I'm sure the diesel experience is new to a lot people that's why there are questions.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Absolutely ok to ask questions. Please accept that the same questions may - over time - lead to the same answers.

If you are concerned with the reliability of your Roxor and some of us are not, that is ok. Keep in mind that we are owners just like you and our answers are limited to our own experiences with our own machines.

For additional details on the engine, you can lookup M2DICR. The engine is uses in the Roxor and other Mahindra cars. You can trace it back 40 years to French Peugeot with a naturally aspirated and turbo versions. (And it is not a tractor engine as some have speculated).
It is not not a quiet, modern diesel, but it is a very mature design.

If you move forward and make updates (e.g. replace injectors, lift pupm, etc.), keep us posted, please.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Almost 20 years ago I bought a new F-350 with the 6.0 diesel. After maybe a year, I installed a programmer that allowed different power settings. I volunteered to run a beta software (not yet fully released version) and in return had the cell number of the lead engineer at the company. They also installed a pyro pre-turbo so the engine would defuel if it got too hot.

Over the year, I had become used to what the truck sounded like. With the programmer activated, the engine sounded different. There was a certain humming that changed frequencies after the truck warmed up. The engineer explained that they adjust timing of the injectors, to recalibrate the power band, which is what I had heard. Sure enough, when I turned the truck back to stock the humming changed again.

Maybe that is something the Roxor does at 40 mph. I don't believe its bad, good, or indifferent. Just what it is.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glad to see new blood in the mix, I love my Roxor. It has it quirks but I don’t plan to ever get rid of.