ooooooooooo

All roxors leak boost!

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I need to add a note to your first video. In the future, you want to disconnect the battery ground first, and reinstall it last to prevent any potential arcing, especially on ECM Controlled vehicles.

So so true... especially with the grid heater being removed. That’s high amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I need to add a note to your first video. In the future, you want to disconnect the battery ground first, and reinstall it last to prevent any potential arcing, especially on ECM Controlled vehicles.
Yes, I did it in the last video, but I forgot in the first, thank you for the heads up.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I figured most guys can afford to buy the parts they want, but cant afford the labor of a shop (which in a lot of cases is more than the parts) so I though if these videos help, it is a win win. I am not the smartest guy with tools but I am pretty handy, that is the way the old man raised me and my brother! He would say "if you want it done, grab some tools and get it done, it is not going to do itself" Also, I always am willing to learn from people, and try to always give credit where it is due. With that being said, Max A is an endless wealth of knowledge (Thanks Brother) Not to mention, doing these help me learn my vehicle and now my nieces cannot laugh at me because I know what youtube is now, lol:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
View attachment 7640

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did this upgrade awhile back. Gonna install an intercooler to help with temps. This setup was great when it wasn't 90 to 100 degrees outside but my intake temps get hot at 60 mph getting to and from the trails. Heat soak is also an issue as once everything gets hot my intake temps never drop below 165 degrees.

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Negative. If you leave the valve connected it doesn't know it isn't getting the exhaust gasses.
in the video you show that you have removed the EGR valve a long with the intake tube and replaced everything with the new set up from the turbo to the intake.. you don't show what you did with the EGR valve. you show that you just secured the electrical connector out of the way. you did not reconnect the EGR to insure that you get no fault code due to the EGR system removal. if you don't reconnect the EGR to the electrical connector you will get a EGR error code.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
in the video you show that you have removed the EGR valve a long with the intake tube and replaced everything with the new set up from the turbo to the intake.. you don't show what you did with the EGR valve. you show that you just secured the electrical connector out of the way. you did not reconnect the EGR to insure that you get no fault code due to the EGR system removal. if you don't reconnect the EGR to the electrical connector you will get a EGR error code.
I didn't make a video. Also, like I said, if you leave the valve connected, the engine will not throw a MIL

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
it will throw a code unless you have had a tune done. Apparently Vivid does not fix this in their tunes though. I know Diesel Freak does. Not sure about some of the others. I’d just go with diesel freak.

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I didn't make a video. Also, like I said, if you leave the valve connected, the engine will not throw a MIL
sorry I thought you made the video.....I have the EGR delete and left the valve in place and just blocked it off so it still looks stock under the hood.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

A video I made on how to install the Air connection upgrade. Hope you enjoy!
Where did you get the new pipe? I see diesel freak sells the intake connection kit but I don't see the intake pipe you're using.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Where did you get the new pipe? I see diesel freak sells the intake connection kit but I don't see the intake pipe you're using.
It is from Diesel freak, it should be on their website, they are good folks

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed the intake piece last week. When I removed the stock elbow, it wasn't sealed at all. The rubber fitting wasn't my issue, it was the 90° elbow. The worm clamp wasn't clamping down at all. I swear I picked up over half power with just the Diesel Freak intake piece. Before it was take me a good 30 seconds to get up to 55.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

A video I made on how to install the Air connection upgrade. Hope you enjoy!

Well based on this excellent video I just ordered the air intake and pipe kit from Diesel Freak. You got to love the customer service they provide on the phone! Watching you complete the work gave me the confidence to make the upgrade myself, so many thanks! I do have a question for you Roxasuras, in an earlier post you stated you had the Vivid tune, cold air kit, and CAT delete. Not interested in anyone’s tune except Wade‘s but are you happy with the results from a cold air intake and CAT delete pipe? I believe anything that helps a motor breath easier is beneficial. Thanks in advance for the help, keep them videos coming!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, yes, I definitely think the cold air intake is a huge bonus, I sent my ECU to Diesel Freak for a retune, they definitely fixed it, and the cat delete just helps the Roxor breathe better= longer engine life. All in all I'm very happy with all the changes I've made.

WillysJeep

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Roxasaurus I see that you decided to do a cat delete vs. a turbo back exhaust. What sighed in on that decision. I am considering both options right now.