ooooooooooo

Affordable Option to Doors

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just finished making HDPE Starboard doors. Used Jeep hard door hinges and stainless slam latches like the ones Jeepish used. Big Thank You to Jeepish for detailing his work on this forum. Very helpful!!!!!

But I need to say I spent a lot of time on this project. I’m amazed Jeepish can offer his doors at his price point. Totally a good value!

popsgaspard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just finished making HDPE Starboard doors. Used Jeep hard door hinges and stainless slam latches like the ones Jeepish used. Big Thank You to Jeepish for detailing his work on this forum. Very helpful!!!!!

But I need to say I spent a lot of time on this project. I’m amazed Jeepish can offer his doors at his price point. Totally a good value!
Hey BoxRox, where you get your stainless slam latches from, I think I would like to put a set of stainless ones on later on. Could you put the link down here? I would sure appreciate it.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Want to give a shout out to Andrew B / Jeepish, Got my set of doors I purchase from you today took about 15 to 20 minutes to install both of them. Everything lined up perfectly and they look amazing on my black Roxor. 100% satisfied. Anyone looking for a set of half doors Andrew is the person to fix you up. Once again thank Andrew.
Lower or upper .?

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Stainless Steel Flush Slam Latch

Bought the HDPE here too. Very fast turnaround.

And if you use Jeep flat door hinges, the holes in Roxor don’t line up perfect and one hole has to be slotted.

popsgaspard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
20191130_152449.jpg
20191130_152449.jpg

Ragnar RoxHard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mocked up half doors tonight, a little different cut out than most but happy with the results. Went a little too far and made cardboard hinges lol. Now I just need to figure out what I’m doing for door latches and get material ordered.

View attachment 5331View attachment 5332
What material are you using for your doors and what support are you putting on them?

Breevers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What material are you using for your doors and what support are you putting on them?
Mine ended up being made out of steel. see pictures attached for reinforcement. In hindsight, going the 3/4" HDPE route (Jeepish's doors) would have been simpler and probably hold up just as well but everyone likes a challenge!

DRIVER DOOR INSIDE UNPAINTED.JPG DRIVER DOOR OUTSIDE UNPAINTED.JPG HALF DOOR EXTERIOR.jpg HALF DOOR INTERIOR.jpg

Jamesc

Stainless Steel Flush Slam Latch

Bought the HDPE here too. Very fast turnaround.

And if you use Jeep flat door hinges, the holes in Roxor don’t line up perfect and one hole has to be slotted.

How much off are the holes on the Jeep flat door lower hinges? What did you have to do to "slot" the hinge holes? I really want to make the doors easily removable.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How much off are the holes on the Jeep flat door lower hinges? What did you have to do to "slot" the hinge holes? I really want to make the doors easily removable.

The holes on the Roxor for hinge mounting are about 1/4” closer together than jeeps. I slotted the bottom hole of the Jeep hinge to make it fit. Bought a new 3/8” tapered hand file to use on stainless hinge. Was damn glad when that was done- not fun but worth it.

Jeepish made a good call using hood hinges- they fit. But I wanted a quick detach option too

928dennis

Did Jeepish fall off the face of the earth? I have had doors on order since Nov 24th. There was a issue at first with getting hardware, but in the last 3weeks I have sent 3 emails asking for a status on the doors and no response. So about ready the order the Mahindra doors, with 10% 0ff and only 35.00 shipping it is about 90.00 more but I know I will get them.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did Jeepish fall off the face of the earth? I have had doors on order since Nov 24th. There was a issue at first with getting hardware, but in the last 3weeks I have sent 3 emails asking for a status on the doors and no response. So about ready the order the Mahindra doors, with 10% 0ff and only 35.00 shipping it is about 90.00 more but I know I will get them.
928dennis
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The issue was getting the HDPE. The manufacturer in Ohio that I’ve been using was having trouble getting the textured material I use. The holidays didn’t help the situation as the manufacturer was closed for 2 weeks. I think the last I left it with you was that I would reach out once I had the material in hand. For the record you haven’t paid anything for the doors. I am very grateful for any and all orders but truth be told I’m just not making a whole lot of money building these doors. At $90 more and only $35 shipping it sounds like a bargain.
Thanks again to everyone who ordered a set and for being patient with me as I have been building these in my spare time. I hope I have offered a decent product at fair price. I’ll be happy to steer anyone in the right direction to build their own doors but for now I’m going to take a break from building and selling them.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got to say, Jeepish was offering a tremendous value. Although I upgraded some parts, my cost in parts alone was about the same as Jeepish’s finished product. And I can’t hardly guess how many hours I put into this project. Well done Jeepish! Hope you come back with product in the future

Jamesc

928dennis
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The issue was getting the HDPE. The manufacturer in Ohio that I’ve been using was having trouble getting the textured material I use. The holidays didn’t help the situation as the manufacturer was closed for 2 weeks. I think the last I left it with you was that I would reach out once I had the material in hand. For the record you haven’t paid anything for the doors. I am very grateful for any and all orders but truth be told I’m just not making a whole lot of money building these doors. At $90 more and only $35 shipping it sounds like a bargain.
Thanks again to everyone who ordered a set and for being patient with me as I have been building these in my spare time. I hope I have offered a decent product at fair price. I’ll be happy to steer anyone in the right direction to build their own doors but for now I’m going to take a break from building and selling them.

928dennis,
Where are you finding 10% off on Mahindra doors? Are other factory accessories on sale? I'm only finding retail, no discount prices on line. I still am in search of removable doors at a good price. Thanks.
Jim