ooooooooooo

235/85R16

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
CORRECTION: tire size I mounted is 255/85/16 (not 235...).

You can just about pick any spacer. To compare, I ordered a more expensive set and the cheapest I could find. There really is not a difference besides surface finish (a waste since spacer hides behind rims). I did not check for surface planarity. As far as material goes, if the listing says it's a 6061 alloy, all you can do is believe it's true anyway. The ones I installed worked perfectly.

As an engineer a look at it this way: spacers ar a piece of aluminum wedged between a two pieces of steel on each side (ar alloy rim). Before the spacer fails, there is a whole lot more that fails first.

Important: clean off oll the lose paint from the mounting surface (eg rear brake drum) on the Roxor so the spacers mount flat.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hate spacers , besides , the 85s fit just fine off the shelf , no other things needed. I added Jeep flairs because I went to 1” wider Alum Raceline wheels. The outside of the tread is right on the edge of the flairs, perfect !

NotMyProblem19K

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Last edited:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
As I said, tires fit fine, 10” wide allum wheels may be different than what you use. I off-road only as well,however,no rock crawling,just forest rds. If I was doing serious racing I would have a lift fit of sorts,including shocks.......on the other hand, serious off road i would most likely go with larger racing rubber based on th conditions in the field.

ptwalsh9

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry for bringing up a old thread, but if I'm reading this correctly, 235 85's fit just fine with no lift? I have 1.5" in the front with my sway bar removed, have ordered some these

4 New 235/85R16 Inch Federal Mud Tires 235 85 16 2358516 85R R16 M/T MT | eBay

Would like to make sure I don't need spacers or a bigger lift. My roxor is offroad only, so articulation is a must.
This is my 2018, stock suspension, on Falken 235/85 16s. I haven't had any problems with rubbing, used for light off-roading.

Rox.PNG

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I put Kumho Road Venture 235/85r/16s had to put a 1 1/2" spacer due to rubbing and trimmed the fender at the bend to turn without rubbing.
Haven't got stuck with these

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I run the 235/85R/16s on stock suspension with no problems. But with the sway bar disconnected, I got a mild rub on inner fender that was insignificant. I also chopped the front bumper to a shorty so couldn’t say if that would be a problem. Brake lines were fine when sway bar disconnected.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey guys I know I'm late to the party lol. With these tire size as mentioned 235/85r16, and a 5.38 gear ratio what kind of rpms can I expect at around 55 mph??

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For all of you running 235's without a spacer ... how much do they stick outside the fender? Are flares needed? Thx

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have 235 85 16's on my stock alloy rims ...they work great, no wheel spacers, no lift shackles ,and no rub . I screwed in my turn stops all the way in so now i get some rubbing on the springs on tight turns so i just back off a little when turning... .My sway bar is still attached . I have an Automatic with these tires its a whole new ride . It actually shifts when it should ....

billyg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
HI Please verify this size tire 235 85 16 is being installed on the 7" factory rims? Thanks