ooooooooooo

235/85R16

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For me it was the shop time. Darn gas saws when not used everyday never start well....and the bigger ones as we get older become more like hand cranking a old brass era car ! I notice from your picture of the Milwaukee saw it looks a lot like the GreenWorks unit......( my guess they are the same ,just different color ). Nice thing about GreenWorks is their connection with Amazon, fast and simple ordering for parts and saws, one click !

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can we run a 305/70r16 on the stock steel wheel with spacers? Any advantage of that tire size over the 235/85r16?

B

Bister

Can we run a 305/70r16 on the stock steel wheel with spacers? Any advantage of that tire size over the 235/85r16?
I don't have an answer for you on that, maybe someone will chime in, but here is a visualization of the 2 tires and a link to the webpage I use for this.

I personally like tall and narrow tires. I have better luck in the stuff I drive in, I want to cut to the bottom, I'm not looking for floatation.

Tire Size Comparison

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.28.57 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A lot has to do with the sprung weight. ( vehicle plus cargo ). True floatation tires will have flexible sidewalls , like turf tires. I agree with Bister , tall and narrow is the way to go for a small vehicle like the Roxor. Twelve inches is too wide for 9” rims..........but then sand dune travel , 5 lbs of air in flexible sidewall 305 tires may work better , again depending on the overall weight of the off road machine. ( air compressor required ) .
I am experimenting with installing a 10” wide alum rim using the 235 85s over the 9” stock black rim. I think my overall height will actually increase 1/2 to 1” inflated........will see once I can get proper lug nuts which have been on order for three weeks !

B

Bister

A lot has to do with the sprung weight. ( vehicle plus cargo ). True floatation tires will have flexible sidewalls , like turf tires. I agree with Bister , tall and narrow is the way to go for a small vehicle like the Roxor. Twelve inches is too wide for 9” rims..........but then sand dune travel , 5 lbs of air in flexible sidewall 305 tires may work better , again depending on the overall weight of the off road machine. ( air compressor required ) .
I am experimenting with installing a 10” wide alum rim using the 235 85s over the 9” stock black rim. I think my overall height will actually increase 1/2 to 1” inflated........will see once I can get proper lug nuts which have been on order for three weeks !

The stock rim is 7", not 9".

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Another Saturday in our woods......sad to say yes loogers have been back,cutting all summer, atlest they left most of the white pine and cedars. .......last week this was a pure mud hole !

9CF573C9-AA03-459A-8E09-325B8ED7699F.jpeg 1E0CF4CF-FDD6-4635-A315-AB8E7095694A.jpeg FEC0DC0B-549D-4D00-B622-0A4AB3DB27C4.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The 85s are amazing., There is lots of logging going on behind my place, this is where we ride so mud is a real issue. I can attest the tire difference is a big deal between the stock MTs and the 3” larger 85s. I bought mine on line , Desert Duelers made in Indinonesia. Last week I followed A Ponssie Harvester 8 wheel drive with tracks thru the mud ....a pc of cake ,!
C4CF206F-8E47-4E95-B115-96CE7355936B.jpeg
A92194BF-9E8B-48BD-8950-B7F6E789C824.jpeg

Update , I today got my new 8l wide wheels installed. A bit wider, but same overall. Fills out the well, especially with the new painted flairs.

B

Bister

I hope to have mine on this weekend, which is not good for my buddy that is putting them on cause it's raining so he will have time, but he should be in his combine. Harvest is way behind this year and it is wet. I bet we are around 30-40%, tops, taken off around here. Not looking good, wet all weekend now and the days are short and heavy dews at night makes for short field days when they can get out.

I'm hoping to snag a set of steel rims from my dealer some day when he ends up with extras and put my stock tires back on them. He has to put smaller rims on for the mines, so I hate to order a set knowing he will have a set collecting dust someday. He has the aluminum ones now, but I just want steel set. I'm being cheap. lol

I might need my stock tire size for my plow. There is really no adjustment for the plow mount and the mount has to be at 10 1/4" or the plow doesn't work right. There is one extra set of holes spaced lower by 1.5", so those holes might work with the bigger tires of 2.7", if not, I'll need my stock ones. Here's hoping, I would just like to leave the bigger ones on, but the Ko2's are Ok in the snow and it's not deep cause I push it out of the way. lol

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hope to have mine on this weekend, which is not good for my buddy that is putting them on cause it's raining so he will have time, but he should be in his combine. Harvest is way behind this year and it is wet. I bet we are around 30-40%, tops, taken off around here. Not looking good, wet all weekend now and the days are short and heavy dews at night makes for short field days when they can get out.

I'm hoping to snag a set of steel rims from my dealer some day when he ends up with extras and put my stock tires back on them. He has to put smaller rims on for the mines, so I hate to order a set knowing he will have a set collecting dust someday. He has the aluminum ones now, but I just want steel set. I'm being cheap. lol

I might need my stock tire size for my plow. There is really no adjustment for the plow mount and the mount has to be at 10 1/4" or the plow doesn't work right. There is one extra set of holes spaced lower by 1.5", so those holes might work with the bigger tires of 2.7", if not, I'll need my stock ones. Here's hoping, I would just like to leave the bigger ones on, but the Ko2's are Ok in the snow and it's not deep cause I push it out of the way

Will be interested in how you like the 85s. So far , the one inch wider rim seemed more firm coming home from the tire shop., in the rain. The extra width fills out the added flairs to 100 percent. The nice thing besides traction in mud here is there is no need for any clearance adjustment.

B

Bister

Even if I stayed with the same size, it wouldn't take much to make an improvement over the Ko2's in mud, so these things will make it like a new unit, especially in 4x4 with the front axle lockers. Might have to rename "The Billy Goat" after that instead of the "The Little Beast". Gonna be fun, hope to get some video this fall, I have the cameras etc, I don't have a driver or camera operator. Might have to get my dealer up here with a couple units and have a ROXOR promo day/ride with them.

B

Bister

Its raining here so my buddy that should have been taking the rest of his crop off got my tires changed for me today. Then we were for a ride in the rain and idled anywhere we pretty much wanted to in my trails in the valley here. Places I wouldn’t have or couldn’t have gone before. Even the dirt road I had trouble climbing in the wet, we idled up without spinning in low range. Love them.

097B0746-1022-4589-82E4-5A8BCBB53187.jpeg4FD1DDAE-1483-45DD-BA84-6D40D69B2904.jpegF47E40D3-3218-44FC-BACE-161DACFEC604.jpeg

B

Bister

My buddy was with me, we drove into this hole, turned around in it and drove out. Should have recorded more. We never would have done that with the Ko2’s. These are also 2.7” bigger overall. The extra clearance helped I’m sure. I hate the way the camera flattens the land. There are also rocks in that hole, that's what I was hitting when I had to back up a bit.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
10-4. I sold my stock BFGKO2s and replaced them with stock size BFGKM3s. A world of difference in traction performance..

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
10-4. I sold my stock BFGKO2s and replaced them with stock size BFGKM3s. A world of difference in traction performance..

One thing I noticed going to 1” wider wheels and the 235 16 85R I have a softer ride in the woods. Not sure why , but it seems so , and using same psi. ( 28 ) all around.

B

Bister

One thing I noticed going to 1” wider wheels and the 235 16 85R I have a softer ride in the woods. Not sure why , but it seems so , and using same psi. ( 28 ) all around.
I'm running 22 psi right now, old tires were around 18, I might try 20 with these. I don't run on pavement, except for a mile to get out of town, then gravel and my trails. I needed the old ones low to get around in any mud. I might try 28 with these also. I'll play with it.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm running 22 psi right now, old tires were around 18, I might try 20 with these. I don't run on pavement, except for a mile to get out of town, then gravel and my trails. I needed the old ones low to get around in any mud. I might try 28 with these also. I'll play with it.

Most of the 85s are 10 ply tires. Considering the weight of the Rox we should be able to run 10 psi all the time, even less. On my old Samurai tin top I ran 32 x 15 Supper Swampers , 5 psi sometimes less , but it was 600 lbs lighter vehicle. I need to verify what I told the tire guy to put 28 in as we did with the factory alloy wheels. Will check tomorrow.

B

Bister

Yep
Most of the 85s are 10 ply tires. Considering the weight of the Rox we should be able to run 10 psi all the time, even less. On my old Samurai tin top I ran 32 x 15 Supper Swampers , 5 psi sometimes less , but it was 600 lbs lighter vehicle. I need to verify what I told the tire guy to put 28 in as we did with the factory alloy wheels. Will check tomorrow.
Yep, these ones are 10 ply and at 22psi there is barely a noticeable flex/bulge at the bottom when stopped.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
To see what size tire the Roxor could fit without a lift, I mounted 235/85/16s with 1.5" spacers yesterday.
- I removed the front bumper (the angled ends of the stock bumper het in the way of any larger tire).
- wheels fully turned, there is a good two inches front and back between rubber and body (on flat ground).
- I will check what clearance looks like when one wheel is up (e.g. on a curb) and fully turned.
- wheel wells are pretty stuffed without the lift. For now it will do well going down the road as a daily driver (street legal in AZ).

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To see what size tire the Roxor could fit without a lift, I mounted 235/85/16s with 1.5" spacers yesterday.
- I removed the front bumper (the angled ends of the stock bumper het in the way of any larger tire).
- wheels fully turned, there is a good two inches front and back between rubber and body (on flat ground).
- I will check what clearance looks like when one wheel is up (e.g. on a curb) and fully turned.
- wheel wells are pretty stuffed without the lift. For now it will do well going down the road as a daily driver (street legal in AZ).

Where did you get the spacers? I'm still shopping for spacers. Most of them that I've looked at have mixed reviews.