ooooooooooo

235/85r16?

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Wondering if anyone is running this size. Really popular size from years ago that's very affordable. And they look great on CJs. Measures 32x9.25 I believe. Of course you'd need a 16 inch wheel to run them. Only $135 for these $134.98 - Pirelli Scorpion MUD LT235/85R-16 tires | Buy Pirelli Scorpion MUD tires at SimpleTire
I just put that size on my Roxy last week on stock rims. I ended up using 2in bolt on spacers to solve some rubbing issues. I have added a leaf and had springs re-arched to give a 3 1/2in lift in front and 2in lift in rear.
20181216_174819.jpg
20181214_131914.jpg

Trailway88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I just put that size on my Roxy last week on stock rims. I ended up using 2in bolt on spacers to solve some rubbing issues. I have added a leaf and had springs re-arched to give a 3 1/2in lift in front and 2in lift in rear.View attachment 2203View attachment 2204
That looks awesome! I'm looking at getting a roxor in the next few months. Thinking I'll get that size and just do the leveling kit and take out the sway bars

General

Founding Member
@quickshot Do you think you needed the full 3.5in lift in the front and 2in lift in the rear to fit these tires without rubbing, or do you think you could have gotten away with 2in in the front and stock in the rear?

Second question, what did you do with the shocks? I know some folks run 1-2 inches of lift on Wranglers while keeping the stock shocks, and many folks replace the shocks for longer versions if they're doing 3.5 inches like your front. I need to lift my springs, and I'm undecided how much is needed. Thanks for your help!

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The front shocks were maxed out with the 3 in or so lift. I threw them away, they are cheap shocks anyway. I have the turn limit bolt turned in as far as possible to have the greatest turning radius. Without the 2in spacers, I was rubbing. The stock rims either had to go and use rims with different off-set, or use the spacers. I like the spacers. It moved the tires out---- it just looks better with the narrow width tires. I'm going for the old school look, lol
Without out the lift, I don't think the tires would fit in the front, maybe in the back they might.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
These tires are common on trailers. I have them on my flat bed tow trailer behind the motorhome. Over the years the 235 LT 70R 16 in a 10 ply has proven realiablity, far fewer flats and they run cooler than smaller sizes. The stock tires on the Le Roxor is standard. I like the heavier ply rating. Like I said fewer flats ,they will handle deflating and airing back up for highway travel. an other plus is the ability to swap out on all tow vehicles. I see no need to change any lift settings also.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
235-85-16s are 32in height tire which is quite a bit taller than the 235-70-16s ( 28.9in tall). stock Roxor tires are about 28in or so in height. I went with the 235-85s so that I could still use stock rims but get a little increase in clearance (with also a small lift). I didn't want to jack the Roxy way up.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry, my bad ! I missed the 85 part.
I just put that size on my Roxy last week on stock rims. I ended up using 2in bolt on spacers to solve some rubbing issues. I have added a leaf and had springs re-arched to give a 3 1/2in lift in front and 2in lift in rear.View attachment 2203View attachment 2204

Who’s doors do you have ?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I looked at a CJ this morning in a yard full of Grand Cherokee awaiting total restoration. The CJ had the halfdoors, quite different than the Rox doors ,!they were thick and included roll up windows !

Trailway88

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I looked at a CJ this morning in a yard full of Grand Cherokee awaiting total restoration. The CJ had the halfdoors, quite different than the Rox doors ,!they were thick and included roll up windows !
This is why I don't like the On the Rox doors at all. I come from jeeps and the shape thickness, door handle design, everything. It's nowhere up to jeep standards. I understand that they wanted to get to the market first but come on.