ooooooooooo

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The best shocks on a budget are these: KYB (343403 Front, 344015 Rear. I did a review some months back and other users have commentes since.

Many here on the forum use and like Bilstein shocks. They cost more than the KYB above. You can just search for Bilstein to find the part numbers.
Will these shocks work on a stock non lifted roxor.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can confirm that they will work on a stock non-lifted Roxor. I had these shocks installed on my stock Roxor this fall and have had no issues.
Thanks, just ordered a set. Stock shocks are unbearable.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Cj Windshield bolts right on and folds. Plus u can get wiper control simply. I redid my rollcage to match the windshield. Plus cj mirrors mount right up.
Did you use CJ hinges? I tried to use Stock CJ7 hinges and the holes would not line up on the Roxor. Had to make my own brackets for a fixed windshield. It's ok cause I have a hood mounted highlift jack.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes I did use stock hinges. Only one bolt didn't line up I just slotted the hole so it did still catch. I mounted my highlift on the side Rops

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Update after waiting for my new Roxor for about 6 weeks, I finally got it. I requested an Ox Locker on back, a Roof, a Windshield, Mirrors, and a Back seat. I drove 3 hrs to pick it up and the only accessory on it was the Back Seat. I brought it home and took it to the people that make Fortress Roofs and Windshields who have had it now for 5 days. They say they will have it in about three more days. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get to use this thing.

Take The Time Now

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The best shocks on a budget are these: KYB (343403 Front, 344015 Rear. I did a review some months back and other users have commentes since.

Many here on the forum use and like Bilstein shocks. They cost more than the KYB above. You can just search for Bilstein to find the part numbers.
I am not much of a mechanic and was wondering if these will work if I have a 5 inch lift? I also enjoyed your video and will be doing the wheel flares also.

tempImageGcX8tQ.png

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The KYB I quoted above will be too short for a 5" lift. They have a lot of travel, but not enough for 5" - I think. Mahindra installed these on 2020 Roxors with a 2-3" lift. They will work on a stock Roxor. Mine has about a 1.5" (at the axle) add-a-leaf lft.

If you ha e a 5" lift, you should no lknger have the stock shocks as they are too short.

Take whatever shocks you have and measure center eylet to eyelet, extended and compressed.
KYB (or any other shock manufacturer) will have tables on their website that shows "extended" and "compressed" length. Pick the ones that fit what you measured.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Take The Time Now: taking a closer look at the one picture you posted, you may still have the original shocks.
So, take off one of the front and one of the rear shocks and measure them. You will need whatever inches your loft os to the length of the shocks.

You will not need to jack up the machine to remove or install the shocks. Just secure the machine from rolling for safety. Remove the nuts and pull the shock straight off the studs/mounts.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
He’s most likely running stock length shocks as the BMF spring over mounts just raise the shock mounts back to the stock location

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The stock shocks don't have the exposed (chrome) rod. The red color is what got me down the wrong track. These are not stock shocks on the picture.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The stock shocks don't have the exposed (chrome) rod. The red color is what got me down the wrong track. These are not stock shocks on the picture.
Your correct. I didn’t look at the pic earlier. That’s not a bmf spring over kit. Someone welded on new perches. Those shocks are definitely longer than stock. Best bet is to measure those shocks extended and collapsed and then look in the book to see what is close.