Windshield

sandyx

Founding Member

32096507_219180992001771_54756950373564416_n.jpg

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey everyone! We have our windshield with wipers designed and built on our Roxor! We have a few more cutout that are ready to be assembled, and powder coated as well. We will get those to powder coat towards the beginning of this week. Send us a message if you are interested in getting one! Thanks!

DSCN0769-800x600.JPGDSCN0747-800x600.JPG

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
on_the_rox, what is the cost and availability of your windshield kit? I took possession of my grey SE this last Saturday and windshield is definitely my first upgrade.

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Moe, we will have pricing this week and we will post it up and begin taking orders! We will be sure to let you know!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI, some states require at least two speeds for the wipers. If these motors are the simple industrial style, a sep slower flasher circuit side by side with the continuous circuit might be slick. That or maybe there is some smarter relay wiper specific black box out there.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor released the 'big' windshield. I'm wondering if anyone has any news about the one from the Mud Festivals with the Willys style high-mount wipers?

4-jpg.jpg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Moe, we will have pricing this week and we will post it up and begin taking orders! We will be sure to let you know!

Any news on pricing?

rhyan

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey everyone, we apologize for being stagnant, we had overlooked our notifications. Pricing on our powder coated windshields are as follows: Bare Aluminum windshield frame is $375. In Wrinkle Black Powder Coat, $425. Bare Aluminum with the marine grade Wiper Assembly, $775. In the powder coat, $825. I will also go in and add all of our products to the product and accessory thread as well. We are also developing a fold down windshield frame as well.
Do you have more info on adding glass to these? Is there a standard size windshield that fits the frame or would it be something custom?

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey rhyan, the glass is .030 safety plate laminated glass. So DOT approved in most cases. The correct windshield gasket is a C.R. Laurence part number, 10248. We can also sell you the gasket for $30.00. The glass is a custom size, but should be fairly inexpensive if you have a reputable glass shop cut and install it. When paying for the glass cutting, seal, and installation from a glass shop here in Montana, the cost varied between $150-$200. If you already have the seal, the cost should be around $120 and should not exceed $200 no matter where you are, unless it is a special order glass for that shop. It is a very easy piece of glass for a shop to cut.

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
I purchased the On The Rox windshield kit some time ago and finally got around to installing this past weekend. The install was a breeze. Fits great, looks great! Would recommend to all. As far as the glass here in Arizona, it cost me $225 for the glass, gasket and install in the frame. Sounds like that is right in line with what Wyatt is saying.

I'll get some pictures posted soon

B

Bister

For my Rhino, I had a piece of 14 gauge sheared to the size I needed at a friends large local manufacturing shop, then used a zip disc and jigsaw for the rest to make my glass one. I’ll be doing the same for the ROXOR, but this time I have a plasma cutter I can use. That’s going to make thing easier plus less curves, to cut. Then I took it back and they powder coated it for me and to a glass shop for safety glass. I just need to talk them into making frames, but they would need a 100 orders before they would even look at running it through R&D and the plant. Lol
I think I’m going to make a lexan half windshield of some sort for summer for the ROXOR.
They made my roof and rear panel also.
My doors are lexan and a 3/4” tubing frame and just lift off.
The ROXOR is going to haul this wood home so much better.
408C39C7-620F-458A-A770-C7A8924B8637.jpeg
9AC1AC9C-CCE6-411D-8C98-2900716880C4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I purchased the On The Rox windshield kit some time ago and finally got around to installing this past weekend. The install was a breeze. Fits great, looks great! Would recommend to all. As far as the glass here in Arizona, it cost me $225 for the glass, gasket and install in the frame. Sounds like that is right in line with what Wyatt is saying.

Thanks very much for the feedback! I am glad you were able to get that installed with no issues. Moe was one of our first windshield customers!

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ROXOR has started to ship the windshields. I should have some that we ordered next week
Spoke to customer service with the following: "The new windshield has larger bolts and is redesigned." The Roxor I ordered will have the new windshield. We know there is at least 1,000 Roxors out there with older windshields; and they will probably be 1st in line for the new ones. I am surprised I will be getting one at all.

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Spoke to customer service with the following: "The new windshield has larger bolts and is redesigned." The ROXOR I ordered will have the new windshield. We know there is at least 1,000 Roxors out there with older windshields; and they will probably be 1st in line for the new ones. I am surprised I will be getting one at all.
I'm guessing there is far fewer factory windshields out there than a guy thinks. I know I chose not to get one after finding out they were lexan and didn't come with wipers. I bought a 3rd party one from On The Rox. I can personally attest that mine will handle 74 mph with wind gust from oncoming traffic.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Moe, I have the OTR windshield on the way. Just wondering if you were able to use the factory rear view mirror with the windshield frame?