ooooooooooo

Roof With CJ/YJ Windshield

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For those of you, like me, who have installed a CJ or YJ windshield, have you tried fabricating or adapting a hard roof? I put a CJ bikini top on mine but since it sits in the rain sometimes, I really dont like how the rain gathers on the top and stretches it down. Id love to figure out a "Bikini Hard Roof". Any input is appreciated.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For those of you, like me, who have installed a CJ or YJ windshield, have you tried fabricating or adapting a hard roof? I put a CJ bikini top on mine but since it sits in the rain sometimes, I really dont like how the rain gathers on the top and stretches it down. Id love to figure out a "Bikini Hard Roof". Any input is appreciated.
So my rox with full rollcage its still in fab. Ill have pics when I have it done. I added a YJ windshield infront into the existing bolt holes. I moved back the rollcage 3" so old rollcage is in infront of new windshield, inside of Rox. Yj folds with whole rox rollbar in place. Still working out details but when done front rollbar will be same height as YJ windshield. That way I can install any top and it will work.

Last edited:

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a YJ windshield, and I made an aluminum roof. Drove in the rain last weekend at night. I was getting hit in the face, but I'm not sure where it was coming from.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a YJ windshield, and I made an aluminum roof. Drove in the rain last weekend at night. I was getting hit in the face, but I'm not sure where it was coming from.
I thought about doing this. Just not sure how to shape it and tie it in. Ive got plenty if 1/8" plate left from some boat projects and a good welding set up.
I also have the Roxor OEM plastic roof. I hate to start chopping on that though. Someone else might need it.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I am quite happy with the On The Rox aluminum top. I painted it body color.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ised an after market cj windshield. Not too impressed with it as it is a bit thinner so the thumblocks are not useable. I just built it into the top so it is sealed off.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
CJ windshield installed, hinges worked/made slight mod for one bolt. Mirrors sure are nice

20201129_165701.jpg 20201129_165652.jpg 20201129_165641.jpg