ooooooooooo

What is needed to street legal a Mahindra Roxor?

Cssg1701

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
If anyone needs assistance in getting their ROXOR's legal, don't hesitate to give us a call. We have been getting these plated all over the US. Every state varies, but we are able to get it plated as LSV, MSV, MC, Mini truck, and many other ways depending on your state.

Here's one we just did in Oklahoma!

Currently states we have gotten plates for:

Oklahoma, Florida, South Dakota, Montana.

States we can get them tagged in:

Almost all 50 states but it may be limited to 35-45mph speed limits.

Brandon
www.dirtlegal.com
800-994-7513

View attachment 685
Can you get them legalize for West Virginia

Variable556

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
We have a complete Plug N Play system for the ROXOR now available on our site that requires no cutting of your factory wires and utilizes your stock tail lights including the upper portion that does nothing from factory.

https://xtcpowerproducts.com/produc...g-play-turn-signal-system-uses-factory-lights
Link comes back “404”. I went to your site and found it. Trying to repost link...

https://xtcpowerproducts.com/products/mahindra-roxor-turn-signal-kit

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Check out my post on my turn signal mod and the other items I added in my thread - GOING TO DO A REAL GOOD INSPECTION.....

It may help.

BDRAG

dvette427

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
S
You have a special use plate. Personally, I would not drive outside my state with that special use plate.

If you don't have a second plate, you don't have normal plates. I know of no states (doesn't mean they don't exist - not an expert) where you do not get two plates, or at least offered a front plate.
No front plate in SC or TN

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
S

No front plate in SC or TN

Are you offered a second plate? I know plenty of plates where a front plate is not required. I know of at least 1 where a front plate is required.

dvette427

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
What state does not offer 2 plates? I'm sure in many states that require only a rear plate, you can buy just the rear (if you choose that path), but ANY state not offering an option for front plate for street legality in other states is news to me.

Edit: clarified
Are you offered a second plate? I know plenty of plates where a front plate is not required. I know of at least 1 where a front plate is required.
I have never tagged in TN. SC definitely doesn't offer one. I have a house in VA and drive there often no problem with no inspection sticker and no front tag both of which will get u pulled over quick in the same place if you have VA tags.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I really do not care.....I am legal in Montana, have insurance and registration that says Streel Legal. I will be but a guest in other states and will buy all the trail tags needed. If an issue comes along I will deal then with it. There are many states that only issue a rear plate. Just for starters Montana , Michigan , North Carolina, South Carolina , the list is long.....

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I really do not care.....I am legal in Montana, have insurance and registration that says Streel Legal. I will be but a guest in other states and will buy all the trail tags needed. If an issue comes along I will deal then with it. There are many states that only issue a rear plate. Just for starters Montana , Michigan , North Carolina, South Carolina , the list is long.....
Montana requires a front plate on all vehicles designed to have one. They make exceptions for vehicles that aren't equipped with mounts from the factory. They just won't give you the month and year sticker for the front plate.

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Montana requires a front plate on all vehicles designed to have one. They make exceptions for vehicles that aren't equipped with mounts from the factory. They just won't give you the month and year sticker for the front plate.[/QUOTE 61-3-301. Registration -- license plate required -- display. (1) (a) Except as provided in 61-4-120, 61-4-129, and subsection (1)(b) of this section, a person may not operate a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or travel trailer upon the public highways of Montana unless the motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or travel trailer is properly registered and has the proper license plates conspicuously displayed on the motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or travel trailer. A license plate must be securely fastened to prevent it from swinging and may not be obstructed from plain view.
(b) A motorcycle, quadricycle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or travel trailer must have a single license plate displayed on the rear of the vehicle. A custom vehicle or street rod registered under 61-3-320(1)(b) or (1)(c)(iii) may display a single license plate firmly attached to the rear exterior of the custom vehicle or street rod. All other motor vehicles must have one license plate displayed on the front and one license plate displayed on the rear of the motor vehicle.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

No mention of Historical vehicles. And if they can display vintage plates. In most if not all ,there was a time long ago when Cars had both front and rear

airstreamcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Arizona does not require a front tag, nor do they offer a front tag as an option. Just registered my truck and Airstream in April 2017. New law in AZ as of 1 September, vehicles over 2500 lbs cannot be issued an off road of off road/on road use. Took my Roxor in today. Due to weight, >3000 lbs, I had to schedule an appointment for an inspection to verify it being street legal. I will then be given a standard vehicle licence plate. Registration fee will be $290.68! Spent thirty minutes with MVD official and her supervisor trying to get registered. Had photos, video with street legal additions. MVD wouldn't budge. Advised to change from smaller, motorcycle type license plate holder to a standard plate holder. Will post again after inspection next week. Bummer.

InkedIMG_20181019_143509_LI.jpg

airstreamcowboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The “Rugged Nineteen” states that require only one plate include Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico. North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia. As of August 2018.

Shortyellowbus

Arizona does not require a front tag, nor do they offer a front tag as an option. Just registered my truck and Airstream in April 2017. New law in AZ as of 1 September, vehicles over 2500 lbs cannot be issued an off road of off road/on road use. Took my Roxor in today. Due to weight, >3000 lbs, I had to schedule an appointment for an inspection to verify it being street legal. I will then be given a standard vehicle licence plate. Registration fee will be $290.68! Spent thirty minutes with MVD official and her supervisor trying to get registered. Had photos, video with street legal additions. MVD wouldn't budge. Advised to change from smaller, motorcycle type license plate holder to a standard plate holder. Will post again after inspection next week. Bummer.

View attachment 1548
You know, I just went to Nash Powersports today and drove one. We are looking to get one soon for fun, going to the movies, up north on our property and such. The man there told me that they could do everything in store to make it street legal and have my tags ready to go before I left. Seems like they might be making stuff up as they go along after seeing your application and reading about your story about the MVD. Who knows.
They had one on the floor already flashed and said that they could flash any one that I purchased, for a fee of course and it would not void the warranty. I am interested to see the outcome of your registration. Thanks for sharing.

dvette427

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The “Rugged Nineteen” states that require only one plate include Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico. North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia. As of August 2018.
And sc