ooooooooooo

Blowing oil.

Takotnariver1958

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
600 miles.
fan picking up oil and blowing it on to underside of hood and all round ecu.
intake elbow before pre heater looks oil saturated on bottom and oil appears to be coming from this area.
Someone said may be a bad oil seal on turbo.
Just started but did notice a little oil on top of pre heater by rubber elbow from day one.
It,s in a remote area so no access to dealer. Will pull intake pipe apart and look for oil when i get back next week.
any ideas?
thanks,
Ron

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Check for blowby. With it idling open the oil fill cap. It should just sit there and vibrate. If it try’s to blow off, you have serious issues.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Like mentioned above, check for excess blow by. Pull the air filter out, is it covered in oil? If not, then it's the turbo. If the dealer in Anchorage won't warranty it due to it's remote location, I still have my stock Turbo. Replaced it with an RX41 a couple years ago with around 600 miles on it. Make me an offer. I'm finally home. Swing out to the valley and check out my Roxor. It's still in the Garage.

Takotnariver1958

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the input guys.
I,m in Takotna working on it .
Your info confirms what i was thinking. Pulling the turbo now.
Dealer working with me. Mahindra wants pictures.
Will return when wx improves and hopefully they will take the turbo back.
Will not be reinstalled till spring but hopefully the will send me one.
Ron

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Slight overfill won’t cause that. If you pulled the turbo, make sure the turbo drain tube isn’t blocked. That’ll cause oil to back up in the turbo and leak. Any oil or smoke out the exhaust side?

Takotnariver1958

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the reply.
Did not notice any oil or smoke out of exhaust. Compressor outlet did not look to bad but maybe heat and flow dissiipates it. As soon as i get to the first fitting downstream of comptessor it is very oily, all the way into the intake manifold.
i started wondering if maybe the oil return from the turbo bearing was not relieving pressure if it was covered in oil.
Just speculating as Mahindra has the pictures and the dealer has the turbo..
I will not be able to experiment further till spring.

Takotnariver1958

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Does not look like they will send me a new turbo based on dealers observation that it looked ok.
They want more pics, although the ones i sent showed intake pipe, etc saturated with oil.
When spring comes i,ll flush it out, put it back together, drain some oii out, keep it on level ground and see if it reoccurs.
If so i,ll buy a turbo and try that.
So far the things been a lot of money and no sense but i,m still hopeful it will work out😀