ooooooooooo

vibration at 1200 RPM turned out to be fractured skid plate

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My plate broke at the same spot. Roxor and the dealers were both none responsive. It irritates me that Roxor won't do anything when their dealers are spread out so thin, I'm not driving my Roxor 3 hrs away for them to look at a broken skid plate that we can diagnose over FaceTime.

406Kid

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For a few weeks now I've had an annoying harmonic vibration/buzz/rattle that occurs at 1200 RPM engine speed. I finally figured out that the left rear mounting ear on my Mahindra engine oil pan skid plate had fractured off. I guess I'll be looking to replace it with some other manufacturer's design. I don't think I've hit anything with the skid plate. It has to have been metal fatigue.View attachment 5574

View attachment 5574

View attachment 5574

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine broke this week too. From what I could tell they must be snapping due to be being built too wide. They look to be forced into compliance. Add crummy aluminum, heat, bumps and voila! A broken, humming, growling part.

TX Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine broke this week too. From what I could tell they must be snapping due to be being built too wide. They look to be forced into compliance. Add crummy aluminum, heat, bumps and voila! A broken, humming, growling part.
I have had the "harmonic vibration" at ~1200 rpm for a week or so, given the discussion, I now know where to look.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have had the "harmonic vibration" at ~1200 rpm for a week or so, given the discussion, I now know where to look.

Before the growl it sounded like a little hum for a while. I thought I might need to look at the intake to make sure it wasn’t cracked. Sounded like the moonshine jug Mr Darlin used to play. I guess it quit once it completely fractured.