ooooooooooo

Tailgate won't close all the way. Only to first click

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Morning everyone. Just took delivery on a 2019, and these things are pretty rad. I do have an issue that I'm hoping to get some help with.

When I close the tailgate, it only closes to the first click (latch rotates down one position), but even if I apply a large amount of force I cant get it the latch to rotate to the second closed position.

I took the plastic cover off (three screws) to take a look at the mechanism. Im not seeing the ability to adjust anything, and am wondering if there's a trick someone can throw my way.
20200524_103334.jpg
20200524_103351.jpg
20200524_103408.jpg

20200524_103334.jpg 20200524_103351.jpg 20200524_103408.jpg

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also, the lock seems to be stuck in the unlock position. Does thr tailgate have to literally be closed to woek this?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did slam the *hit out of mine. Just make sure the latch is not in the lock position. Mine works great, ill take a pic and post it so you can compare.

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have to slam my 2019's tailgate to get it to close all the way. I'm to lazy to adjust it at the moment
Early reports show that slamming it hardcore seems to work. The lock/unlock appears to still be fuct up though, and stuck in the unlock position.
15903646188566701202883068136915.jpg

15903646188566701202883068136915.jpg

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm gonna try slamming it like an ex girlfriend, and if that doesn't work, im gonna try the front door kick down. I'll report back shortly.
i use by spare tire to swing it. seams to work better.

B

Bister

The striker is too far in on the left fender, the latch is not reaching it, loosen the studs in the wheel well of the left fender and move it out slightly so the latch can reach it.

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I loosen the bolts on the inside of the wheel well, should I just shim the difference with washers from the inside as well?

Last edited:
B

Bister

If I loosen the bolts on the inside of the wheel well, should I just shim the difference with washers from the inside as well?
I don't think it's shims. Just slide it closer to the back of the Roxor so the second click can grab it and it's probably just a slight movement. Too far and you'll rattle even on the second latch.

What I meant by 'too far in', I meant towards the front of the Roxor.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I noticed mine didn't shut tight also. When I put the spare on it closed right. The weather stip just needs squeezing and the weight of the spare gives the gate more weight to make a firm close

SweetChuck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm mounting the spare this week, and after slamming it shut, it locks tight the way it should. Thanks for all the help, everyone. Really appreciate it. Just flashed the ECU, and installed a boost valve. It'll be ready for some South Dakota plates soon.

OL' Gringo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Morning everyone. Just took delivery on a 2019, and these things are pretty rad. I do have an issue that I'm hoping to get some help with.

When I close the tailgate, it only closes to the first click (latch rotates down one position), but even if I apply a large amount of force I cant get it the latch to rotate to the second closed position.

I took the plastic cover off (three screws) to take a look at the mechanism. Im not seeing the ability to adjust anything, and am wondering if there's a trick someone can throw my way. View attachment 6662View attachment 6663View attachment 6664

View attachment 6662 View attachment 6663 View attachment 6664
Mine was hard to close as well. Finally got it figured out.place our hand down by the lower latch and slam the door closed
Works for me

Blackmouth

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine took another piece of weather stripping on the inside. Not sure if it supposed to have it on both sides. After that it closed just right.