ooooooooooo

Turn signals

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I know about 6 months ago someone posted on this site a universal turn signal kit for about 95 bucks. The lights are NOT integrated into the existing tail lights thought. Personally I really love the xtc kit but that's closer to 300.

Ccoombes

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Web results
41655 - RIGID Universal Turn Signal Kit | Rigid Industries
Rigid Industries › rigid-universal-turn-sig...

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI with the xtc kit it’s really easy to splice in a 4 pin trailer connector for towing too.

Joe1877

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with the ontherox kit just because it was there and I didn't have to try and figure out everything on my own. I'm not a great with wiring and I got it installed nicely but is around $300

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i just diy blinkers --4 --6inch orange led light strips 25dollars a blinker module 999--2 lighted togle switches some wire and bout 2 hours ---left switch left blinker --right --right blinker both on have hazards--

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This weekend I installed a DIY turn signal install.
I used the Grote 48072 switch and harness.
I tapped 12v hot off of the plug that's dead-headed in the dash panel labeled something like "LED LIGHTS - REAR"
I ran separate wires from the engine bay back to the rear light housings.
Used the 1/4" amber LEDs that most use.

Notes:
- I need to find a schematic for the switch. I can get the blinkers to work or the light indicators on the switch to work but not both.
- I traced the stock signal wire for the left rear to the engine bay, Mahindra just ran a jumper from that to the right rear for some reason. I didn't use the stock wiring but did use the stock bulbs.
- The Grote lever handle is HUGE. like, baseball bat big. I need to make a better one.
7jgr110qSaa8CtN6rK0XXA.jpgKyUgtQNcR0CNdd0dFM8QSw.jpg

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used one from a big rig. It had front and rear light wires. I used the rear wires and ran them to led indicators I put in the dash. Some have the lights in the signal stalk but you had to run a ground and I think a wire to the flasher unit (pilot)

https://www.grote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/48072-WIRING.pdf
Yes, that's the exact wiring diagram I used (no brake circuit). The blue wire is supposed to power the internal indicators.
I'll do something similar to you if I can't get it figured out; I'll just tap into the signal wired and put some LEDs in the dash. might do that anyhow because it's hard to see the switch's indicators in the sun.

CATCH22

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
This weekend I installed a DIY turn signal install.
I used the Grote 48072 switch and harness.
I tapped 12v hot off of the plug that's dead-headed in the dash panel labeled something like "LED LIGHTS - REAR"
I ran separate wires from the engine bay back to the rear light housings.
Used the 1/4" amber LEDs that most use.

Notes:
- I need to find a schematic for the switch. I can get the blinkers to work or the light indicators on the switch to work but not both.
- I traced the stock signal wire for the left rear to the engine bay, Mahindra just ran a jumper from that to the right rear for some reason. I didn't use the stock wiring but did use the stock bulbs.
- The Grote lever handle is HUGE. like, baseball bat big. I need to make a better one.
View attachment 3951View attachment 3950

I had the same problem. You need a better ground for the switch. Try this flasher on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JXLHE8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It has a ground on it.

CATCH22

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
...I ordered the one from the earlier post and it worked great.
Right you are, fixed the issue.
It's very strange though, when I first installed the new flasher it didn't work. I removed the ground lead and it started flashing, regardless of the switch position. After messing with it a while, it started working correctly.
Makes me wonder if there are some programming options with that flasher.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is a GREAT spot for a ground on the clutch side of the pedal support. I used that. Threaded 10mm nutsert IIRC.

I'd love to go back through the wiring I did and make sub-harnesses with the plugs on it so cutting the stock harness was not required.