ooooooooooo

Turning Radius and Power Steering Noise

Bob Grady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I adjusted my turning radius and tightened my power steering unit belt yesterday based on information found on this forums posts and instructions.

I am disappointed in myself for waiting so long to do so. Turning radius had a huge improvement and my Rox no longer screams when turned to its limits.

If you haven't made these adjustments you are missing out.

Bob G. #2920 Blythe, California

Bob Grady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I've seen it a couple of places in this forum, however try U-Tube search "Roxor turning radius" there are a couple of videos. You can search here too.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did it by putting the roxor up on jacks (while installing lockers) and having a friend adjust the bolt while I turned the wheel several times to insure the tires didn’t hit the leaf springs. I have been told that the suspension under load may change things, but I’m happy with how I did it and no other adjustments were needed. Much tighter turning radius.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just adjusted my turning radius and can not believe the difference in maneuvering and parking! Thank y’all for posting this information, I can not believe factory settings are so bad.

B

Bister

I just adjusted my turning radius and can not believe the difference in maneuvering and parking! Thank y’all for posting this information, I can not believe factory settings are so bad.
Make sure the brake line bolt on the caliper clears the shock. One guy hit his and lost his brakes while out wheeling. I adjusted mine and it bent my shock, others have also. I adjusted mine back.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Make sure the brake line bolt on the caliper clears the shock. One guy hit his and lost his brakes while out wheeling. I adjusted mine and it bent my shock, others have also. I adjusted mine back.

Oh Boy! This is good info. MANA knows best??

spavco

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I adjusted my turning radius and tightened my power steering unit belt yesterday based on information found on this forums posts and instructions.

I am disappointed in myself for waiting so long to do so. Turning radius had a huge improvement and my Rox no longer screams when turned to its limits.

If you haven't made these adjustments you are missing out.

Bob G. #2920 Blythe, California
Hello I'm new to this forum, where do I go to find out how to tighten turning radius. Just bought a roxor. So far that's the only thing that I'm dissatisfied with. Thanks Layne

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Theres a bolt on each side of the frame by the knuckle of each front wheel. Loosen up the nut and turn in the bolt. Check it on each side for tire rubbing. Then Retighten. Its closer to the cab than the front end. Btw i did it while up on jacks.

B

Bister

Theres a bolt on each side of the frame by the knuckle of each front wheel. Loosen up the nut and turn in the bolt. Check it on each side for tire rubbing. Then Retighten. Its closer to the cab than the front end. Btw i did it while up on jacks.
Also make sure the brake caliber/brake line bolt clears the shock, I bent mine and so have others. I put mine back to factory. I also have lockers in the front and the tight turning radius puts a lot of stress on the front knuckles when in 4x4.

B

Bister

sometimes things are engineered to certain specs for a reason :cool:
Yep. That’s why I put mine back before it damaged something more. I just allow the room I need now and removed a couple trees on my trails where it was needed.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think most of us would like a tighter turning radius . I agree this is the most dislike with the Roxor ,however just like the tire change to 85s made a huge difference, all for the good, a “ fix” for the turning radius is out there too. We are only 2 years into this vehicle ,still a learning curve for all involved,factory on down to the man(woman) behind the wheel.

sandyx

Founding Member
Mahindra jeeps were never known for turning radius like cars, or even US jeeps. It was always that way from factory. It's not a blueprinted to Willys specs product. That said, there are always ways to turn them more. Whether the factory would do that over their legal dept is another story.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mahindra jeeps were never known for turning radius like cars, or even US jeeps. It was always that way from factory. It's not a blueprinted to Willys specs product. That said, there are always ways to turn them more. Whether the factory would do that over their legal dept is another story.
I would be happy if the Turing radius was improved just a small amount.

Ridem32

Great mod just did mine. Floor jack and 15 minutes it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk