ooooooooooo

OTR grill turn signal locations (measurements)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m gonna put turn signals on my Roxor but want to add the OTR grill at a later date. In order to ensure that the holes I cut in the grill support are the same I need to know where to cut out the lights in my grill so that I don’t have to hack into that grill support a second time. What I need to know is where to center the light. How far down from the top of the grill (or up from that frame cover) and distance from the fender. As long as I have the center for the light I should be good.

General

Founding Member
Good thinking. My OTR 6-slot grille was not cut precisely, so I bet everyone's shipment will be a little different, but you could probably get the most accurate measurement by calling OTR and asking directly. Then come back here and post it for posterity! Mine looked like it was plasma cut or something, not too finished, and there was still an extra 1/2" over what was needed to insert the CJ-era indicators. Also, those bulbs are very weak, about 5 watts when I measured their electrical draw. I realize that they're original, but you might want to purchase higher brightness which you can see during the daytime.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Found the measurements. 5” up from bottom and 13.25” over from center of grill. 1.5” hole. Drill Two 3/16” holes for the mounting bolts to hold the light drilled 2 3/16” apart. They have a template that comes with the harness. Looks like after I drill the hole measure over 3/8” and drill the 3/16 mounting hole.

Unfortunately my drill was too small to chuck the hole saw I took home from work. Looks like I’ll be bringing back the 1/2” drill too.

Last edited: