ooooooooooo

Turn signal install issue

Stevelle

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When installing the Willy’s turn signal column mount Everything worked great. When i turned on the headlights the passenger side would not blink properly (Dim). Any feedback would be great. Going to check the ground first and see if that will fix it.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I hope it isn't a bad installation process, mine just arrived.

This is kinda like a 4th wall break inside a 4th wall break. That's like 16 wall and stuff! LMAO

20200901_114308.jpg

Stevelle

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Checking the grounding after work today will post my findings. Its only one light that wont blink when headlights are on.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Also check the bulb connection, I had a similar problem with my trailer, turned out to be a faulty bulb connection in the housing.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you have a multimeter? If it were the relay, it wouldnt work at all.. Ohm out the power wire. It should be .3 or less ohms. Anything higher and it becomes a load

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know but I have heard of people switch to them and needing to add a load stablizer

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Usually with LED turn signals, a resistor is required in line to prevent the lights from flashing fast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Exactly, I just put them in my Silverado when I switched them to led, that is why I thought of it. I also had a problem with my trailer lights, very weak signal, turned out to be faulty/corroded housings, easy fix.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would try a flasher made for LED bulbs .Most kits have the flashers for non LED bulbs so not enough load to make it work ..I got mine off ebay for like $ 3.50 incl shipping . Thats why people add resistors to the bulbs ...but it defeats the whole idea going LED.... ps.. there are two kinds of 3 prong flashers, a model 13 and 14.. just the wire hook ups are reversed...... .pss... I used a headlight socket with the wires off an old chevy p/u and plugged it right into the flasher...........

Stevelle

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
UPDATE: After going over all of the install to make sure we didn’t miss anything and testing the wires we decided to switch the wires on the passenger side (instructions say) black with brown and red with blue. Once we swapped blue attached to black and brown attached to red the problem was solved.

AA049E64-608A-4536-906C-1353842B17A8.png