ooooooooooo

Starting issue

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is the 3rd time this winter the Roxor wouldn’t start. The first two times it was outside and below freezing however this past time it was in a heated garage.

The battery is an Everstart Max 700 cca, made on 5/21. The current reading is 12.6v and it barely turns over the motor. The battery will take a charge to 12.8 and the motor will start.

I would think it would still start at 12.6, any ideas? I will likely go ahead and replace the batt since it’s under warranty.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you can safely, check the battery voltage while trying to crank it. It may be dropping low even though the float voltage is 12.6V. If you cant do that, take the battery to one of the chain auto parts stores and ask them to put a load tester on it.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
GF, thanks for the reply. It went all the way down to 7.39v while cranking. I’ve always had decent luck with the Everstart marine batts in the past but this one must be a dud.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Glad to help. Sure sounds like you got a bad one. Hopefully it's under warranty.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
GF, thanks for the reply. It went all the way down to 7.39v while cranking. I’ve always had decent luck with the Everstart marine batts in the past but this one must be a dud.
Joxor,
I thought about something else that might apply to your situation... I use my Roxor around the house regularly but rarely do I get out of first gear and it mostly is idling around. I have found that if I do this a lot, the battery will not spin the starter like normal and I either have to run it for a while to let the battery charge or put a charger on it. Obviously, I am pulling more out of the battery when starting than a little put-putting around the yard will put back into it.
Just something to think about.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Joxor,
I thought about something else that might apply to your situation... I use my Roxor around the house regularly but rarely do I get out of first gear and it mostly is idling around. I have found that if I do this a lot, the battery will not spin the starter like normal and I either have to run it for a while to let the battery charge or put a charger on it. Obviously, I am pulling more out of the battery when starting than a little put-putting around the yard will put back into it.
Just something to think about.
You know, I thought about that too. I pretty much use mine just like you. The longest trip it takes is one to the gas station every 3-4 weeks.

Walmart replaced that battery no problem. Roxor started right up with the new battery.

I had noticed that the soundbar head unit had been randomly shutting off for the last couple of months. It had me thinking the stereo was bad, however with the new batt it seems to work normally.