ooooooooooo

Transmission Issues

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new, used or rebuilt manual transmission? I have been on a waiting list since August to purchase a new one from Mahindra and my poor Roxor has been sitting dead in the weeds since. I need to get her up and running again. Last update from Mahindra USA is they have no ETA for the tranny. Torque Kings is working on a rebuild kit for the bearings but a couple of my gears are trashed. I could use a whole rebuild.
Any help would be appreciated.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On YouTube are some videos from a Jesse Wade who blew a part in the transmission (doing reverse donuts in the snow). He ordered a transmission but I cannot remember where. It was also a couple of years ago. You might want to watch the video or try contacting him (link below video).

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new, used or rebuilt manual transmission? I have been on a waiting list since August to purchase a new one from Mahindra and my poor Roxor has been sitting dead in the weeds since. I need to get her up and running again. Last update from Mahindra USA is they have no ETA for the tranny. Torque Kings is working on a rebuild kit for the bearings but a couple of my gears are trashed. I could use a whole rebuild.
Any help would be appreciated.
If you can share list of part numbers you need i can source them from mahindra

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
If you can share list of part numbers you need i can source them from mahindra
Correct complete transmission unit part no will be 0703AAD06130N,Unfortunatly its not available ,However if you share the gear part numbers it can be arranged,Hope this helps

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Call up Jesse at torqueking. He had 3 transmission cores he was hoping to rebuild to at least one. I know one was upgraded and rebuilt and went out to max at the hammers. Perhaps he has the parts leftover that you need. Or get the core from reverse doughnuts jesse and send both out to jesse at torqueking for a rebuild.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
YouTube: Jessy Wayne. I had not watched this video in over a year and got curious. He mentions company Tom Wood sold him the transmission.
Video is called (sorry, cannot reduce font in my phone when I copy and paste)

Mahindra Roxor New Transmission Assembled and Installed, Transfercase Built, Vent Tubes on​

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No, it really is a transmission?
Towards the beginning of the video, there is a big box on dispaly. The comment about the transmission having arrived is made and paper that says “Tom Woods” held into the camera.

Here is my legal disclaimer ?
I do not know if Tom Wood is selling transmissions. I do not know if they have transmissions around their shop to develop driveshafts. I have never spoken with Tom Wood and do not receive any kind of sponsorship. I’m simply a guy who gives another guy a possible solution / source for parts.

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Call up Jesse at torqueking. He had 3 transmission cores he was hoping to rebuild to at least one. I know one was upgraded and rebuilt and went out to max at the hammers. Perhaps he has the parts leftover that you need. Or get the core from reverse doughnuts jesse and send both out to jesse at torqueking for a rebuild.
I have been in contact with them. I think they are my best option. I know they are currently working on a kit but they are having a hard time sourcing the gears. They said to check back in 5weeks or so.

Holleyb19

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I think On the Rox milled out a bell housing to mount up a Toyota transmission. Not sure how that went, but it may be worth a try. The Toyota trannys are available everywhere.

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think On the Rox milled out a bell housing to mount up a Toyota transmission. Not sure how that went, but it may be worth a try. The Toyota trannys are available everywhere.
That would be awesome. I will have to look into that. Thanks

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i had my TC fail, had to replace rear output shaft, high range gear, and a few other things. used parts for a real Dana 18. looking at the diagrams for a AX-15, appears a lot like the Rotor trans. if you can find the video of the guy from Indiana, took out his reverse gear doing donuts, he shows it tore down. looking at the video compared to the AX-15 some of the gears appear to be the same.

Ridem32

Yes that would be a good trans swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have tried to order the gears from J5 Tractor and they are telling me the same thing. There is no ETA for them from Mahindra.
J5 Tractor has no idea when anything is coming. I think they have some starters and oil filters but other than that you are on your own.

DDP70

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That would be awesome. I will have to look into that. Thanks
I don't know if he is on the Team Roxor Forum, but there is a gentleman named Jesse Guarino on a group called Mahindra Roxor Enthusiasts on FB. He has been rebuilding Roxor transmissions. If you can get in touch with him he may be able to help.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't know if he is on the Team Roxor Forum, but there is a gentleman named Jesse Guarino on a group called Mahindra Roxor Enthusiasts on FB. He has been rebuilding Roxor transmissions. If you can get in touch with him he may be able to help.

That’s Jesse with torquking4x4 I mentioned earlier.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Another member sent me a message of folks in need of assistance, so here I am!

I am the world famous Jesse of Torque King 4x4, and we can rebuild Roxor transmissions and transfer cases. I am also working on service videos and rebuild kits for DIY. We do already have a transfer case kit and I have all but 2 transfer case internal parts on the shelf (for now).

Currently I am waiting on an order of 1 each main transmission internals to verify they are correct, and then we will be stocking for rebuilds. The Roxor parts catalog has conveniently left out mainshaft component part numbers, however I was able to utilize all sources at my disposal to narrow down what I think is the correct configuration of parts.

I have 2 rebuilt out in the wild now, however my "enhancements" are not tested yet. Max has 1 as a spare at Hammers, the other left today for a local mine. Both had minimal upgrades due to time constraints.

The challenging part is cost of freight shipping. With our experience shipping 4x4 truck parts to every corner of this flat earth I can promise you there is more gambling success in Vegas than there is shipping gearboxes through regular parcel carriers. Estimated costs are 500-800 to Montana and back, at least for US 48.

I estimate rebuilding with all my super dooper wiz bang upgrades to be in the vicinity of $2k, however prices can range between 1-2k depending on upgrades or internal parts needed.

I have identified some factory issues, and there are a couple others I am a bit stumped by, at least currently. Not knowing full vehicle history is the reason for this.

On The Rox Fab is working on a Toyota alternative, however that is quite a bit more in depth and total costs are something I don't know but something to consider.

Anyone is welcome to contact me about what we have to offer, and our website lists everything we have in stock.

Current turn around times are a couple months for transmissions as I go through the parts. Once nailed down it should be a couple weeks.