ooooooooooo

transfer case seal

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Jerry,

I am sorry your request I received said square plug.

The drain plug takes a special fabricated tool. If you take a 3/8 extension and grind down all 4 sides to fit that is what we use in our shop. Please see pic below.

Kyle Maki
North American Service Manager

275 Rex Blvd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

1564069053491.png

Last edited:

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My transfer case plug also an unknown square drive. I have since welded a 19mm nut to plug and cut out a soft copper washer. BLAM! Solved. Until I find a suitable plug.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have it on good authority that the transfer case is an 8mm square drive plug- I'll post when the one I ordered from amaz comes in - it was just over $3 delivered with prime- I will most likely get it Friday .

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Still no luck on the pinion seal but still trying. I called the guy that sold me the Roxor . He contacted a guy higher up and told me that the differential is like a dana and very close but that it's made by Mahindra so is a little different. There are so many seals out there but none exactly so far as I have been able to find.

edit;;; I did find a jeep seal that fit... see later post here

Last edited:

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Still no luck on the pinion seal but still trying. I called the guy that sold me the Roxor . He contacted a guy higher up and told me that the differential is like a dana and very close but that it's made by Mahindra so is a little different. There are so many seals out there but none exactly so far as I have been able to find.
Try and call,
Kyle Maki
North American Service Manager

275 Rex Blvd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

he might be able to steer you in the right direction, good luck

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got the 8mm square drive today and it worked well. If you don't have an extension to adapt, this may be the ticket.
I did contact by message Mr Maki so hopefully will hear from him. Thank you !

KIMG0290.jpgKIMG0291.jpg

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I replied in the Pinion seal post about the jeep seal I ordered out of necessity for wy wire ravaged seal on my roxor. I have to have my machine for my work here on the farm. I put it in yesterday and had no problems - . I bought it on amaz on and will post that link on the pinion trouble thread.
I never heard back from Mr Maki. I imagine he had tons of calls and messages.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
found a 5/16 square plug that worked on removing my transfer case plug, was milky, put the plug in and put more gear oil and drained till it was not milky, tried tapping on the seal to see if it was not seated, but it was and still leaking.
Also discovered a noise from the front end thought it was sand in the calipers, but no its in the hub area, with the wheel off and in 2 wheel drive it was hard to rotate the tire, sometimes it would bind and stop, cannot rotate with one hand.
Looks like I'll be trying to schedule a landing craft and someone to trailer it back to the dealership.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd make sure that they were able to get a seal before I had to leave it on the dealers lot for an unknown amount of time. I still have not gotten the 2 seals ( a spare too) I ordered for the front differential weeks ago. So good to have found a "jeeper" that fit outer dimensions and rubber seal as well- but not perfect otherwise. As in the protection groove.
Do both wheels act the same way in 2wd and jacked up ?

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'd make sure that they were able to get a seal before I had to leave it on the dealers lot for an unknown amount of time. I still have not gotten the 2 seals ( a spare too) I ordered for the front differential weeks ago. So good to have found a "jeeper" that fit outer dimensions and rubber seal as well- but not perfect otherwise. As in the protection groove.
Do both wheels act the same way in 2wd and jacked up ?
The dealership say they ordered the seal, my nephew had just one wheel off the ground and in 2 wheel drive , it was not the bearings, it sounds like its coming from the hub, cannot turn the wheel with one hand have to use two and it binds up when you try and roll backwards, when I drive it, it sometimes makes a grinding noise, walking now , do not want to do further damage

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good thought . I wish you well on the strange noises and please do let us know the outcome. Maybe it's just a loose brake shoe or something like that.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Well my Roxor finally got shipped out, only waited 3 months for the landing craft to pick it up, I asked the Dealer if I could purchase the Spartan myself and have them install, they said they could but my warranty would be void unless I purchase it from them.
The Spartan from Amazon is way cheaper than the dealership thats a massive markup.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd price it from Sherwood Tractor. They are a sponsor of this forum and have a good website for most Roxor items. Oem oil filters are less than $7 each from them. I bought a pinion seal, 2 oil filters, 2 oil copper oil pan drain washers (. 99 ea) , air filter ,fuel filter and a steering wheel badge (gift to myself) :) . It was all delivered for less than $90.00 I forgot exactly but maybe $84.
They currently have an ad on the head of page.

Last edited:

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'd price it from Sherwood Tractor. They are a sponsor of this forum and have a good website for most Roxor items. Oem oil filters are less than $7 each from them. I bought a pinion seal, 2 oil filters, 2 oil copper oil pan drain washers (. 99 ea) , air filter ,fuel filter and a steering wheel badge (gift to myself) :) . It was all delivered for less than $90.00 I forgot exactly but maybe $84.
They currently have an ad on the head of page.
I looked at there Spartan Locker and its over $400.00 while Amazon is less than $250.00

B

Bister

Well my Roxor finally got shipped out, only waited 3 months for the landing craft to pick it up, I asked the Dealer if I could purchase the Spartan myself and have them install, they said they could but my warranty would be void unless I purchase it from them.
The Spartan from Amazon is way cheaper than the dealership thats a massive markup.
If you get Spartan's installed in the rear, make sure they put the spacer back in or you will need warranty for sure.

Ridem32

Collie where are you at in Mississippi? I’m in crystal springs. Where did you buy roxer from? It’s not still under warranty? I got mine 2 days ago 2019 model from dealer in Brookhaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in sw Madison county. Yes, it's under warranty but I couldn't wait in line for 2 weeks . No appointment allowed -must be in the parking lot for 2 weeks waiting and waiting...( they had a starter in stock) I said no.. Can't be without it in my farmwork. I bought a starter last month out of my pocket because I could not accept a 2 week wait in line... if an appointment sure but nada... so I paid out of pocket 150 from Sherwood and not them (Got Gear) because of their tough policy regardless if folks need the Roxor for work. Will say again , if I had been given an appointment I would have been happy.
I hope you enjoy your machine Ridem32- good gripping tires make all the difference for me. :)

Ridem32

I'm in sw Madison county. Yes, it's under warranty but I couldn't wait in line for 2 weeks . No appointment allowed -must be in the parking lot for 2 weeks waiting and waiting...( they had a starter in stock) I said no.. Can't be without it in my farmwork. I bought a starter last month out of my pocket because I could not accept a 2 week wait in line... if an appointment sure but nada... so I paid out of pocket 150 from Sherwood and not them (Got Gear) because of their tough policy regardless if folks need the Roxor for work. Will say again , if I had been given an appointment I would have been happy.
I hope you enjoy your machine Ridem32- good gripping tires make all the difference for me. :)

I can’t buy anything from got gear. Never have. I got mine from Brookhaven. I’m in crystal springs. Both my kids moved to Madison. They have more money than me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found a few other places like yours and also in Meridian but they were just too far and would eat up a good part of the day to go and come. Yea, that is expensive real estate in Madison and making farmland and property taxes go up too. :(