ooooooooooo

Transfer Case Twin Stick

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Someone had an article written up in here about 6 months ago or so...… My understanding is that it can be done fairly easy. Now just define EASY!

Sgtatarms

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think Spanky is referencing a post from Rifleman1981 and his twin stick setup.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OK just finished install on a twin stick. My son and i made two for both are Roxors. And no, a twin stick does not allow you to have 2wd-low. To have that option you need to remove the front output housing so you can remove the "Rod shift" as it is called in the Roxor part catalog. Item #48. Look up dana 18 lock pin removal and you can find some good video no this. Yes we removed it not hard at all and the dana 18 gasket fits, cost like $2.00.

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4945.JPG IMG_4944.JPG

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So retro and practical. Once again, what talented folks do to their Roxors is limited only by their imagination, and why Roxor remains in a class by itself. Enjoyable to see. Thanks.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So what's the purpose of the twin stick?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So what's the purpose of the twin stick?
Have you ever needed 4 fwd, reached down and graded that single shifter. *hit its in neutral, now i am stuck. Well with the twin stick that problem is gone. And for a $2.00 gasket and a little time you can remove the "lock pin" in the transfer case and now you have 2 wheel low and high, or 4 wheel low and high. And with the added height of the shifter i can put it into 4 wheel drive with two fingers. Try that with a single stick. Plus it scars people who can't drive a manual trans, "LOOK THERE ARE THREE STICKS" LOL

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the clarification, might need to look into it

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Di
OK just finished install on a twin stick. My son and i made two for both are Roxors. And no, a twin stick does not allow you to have 2wd-low. To have that option you need to remove the front output housing so you can remove the "Rod shift" as it is called in the Roxor part catalog. Item #48. Look up dana 18 lock pin removal and you can find some good video no this. Yes we removed it not hard at all and the dana 18 gasket fits, cost like $2.00.

View attachment 8368

View attachment 8373

View attachment 8371

View attachment 8372

View attachment 8368 View attachment 8371 View attachment 8372 View attachment 8373
Did you by chance find a lower gear set that would fit into the Roxor transfer case?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Di

Did you by chance find a lower gear set that would fit into the Roxor transfer case?
NO, the problem is the way are main drive gear is part of the input shaft. In a Dana 18 case the main drive gear fits on the splines of the transmission output shaft. For a lower gear set, Tera low 3.15 ratio, we would need a different input shaft. When installing a lower gear set, the gear on the input shaft is a different size, less teeth if i remember right. We need someone to make a shaft with the appropriate gear. Other than that the internals appear to be the same as a Dana 18. This shaft is the same reason we cannot install the Saturn over drive. I don't have the resources to take this one on. However Advanced Adaptors, who still makes the Saturn overdrive does, might be able to help us out. If we could install the overdrive at 25% reduction we could install 4.88, 5.13 etc, gears for a better crawl ratio but still be good on the road.

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok guys, bear with me here…… I just rebuilt the Dana 18 T/C in my 1964 CJ-5. In that process, I acquired a donor unit from a cousin. So I’m looking at changing my Roxor into a twin-stick. I know that the shift rods and nose piece are different from the Jeep unit. I’m REALLY tempted to jump in and swap out those parts to accomplish this, but I’d like to know if there are perhaps any other differences that could bite me in the butt. In my experience, I’ve gotten into the most trouble in my life by getting into something without knowing all the facts.
Any help out there?

jcyphert

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Haerterich, Do you need to remove the output housing to get the lockpin out, or can you remove the detent screws, springs, and balls, and put it out thru without taking the whole housing off?

jcyphert

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The answer is yes, it will need removed if anyone is reading this old thread

20240122_164917.jpg

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Hi ,Just in case you are stuck let us know we have complte parts available for two shifter T-18

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-13 at 16.52.27 (3).jpeg