ooooooooooo

Speedo Issue

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So I found my 2018 Roxor dead the other day and couldnt figure it out but after I charged it up and took it for a long run, I noticed with the key off the speedo lights up and the needle goes full scale then the needle goes back to zero and the speedo turns off and this cycle repeats about every 3 seconds. This is what drained the battery. Anyone else hear of this?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, I had the same problem. You have a faulty gauge, it will be covered under warranty and Roxor knows of the problem.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks for the reply. I will remove the gauge and take it to the dealer.

B

Bister

Thanks for the reply. I will remove the gauge and take it to the dealer.
Talk to your dealer first. They have to put in a claim. They will need your hours and mileage if you can see it or probably a guess. Depending on your dealer, you will probably have to take the whole Roxor in.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Good point - didnt think about the hours and miles. Thanks.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Talk to your dealer first. They have to put in a claim. They will need your hours and mileage if you can see it or probably a guess. Depending on your dealer, you will probably have to take the whole Roxor in.
That is correct Bister, Call ahead so they can speed up the process. My dealer was really good about all of it.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine keeps working itself loose...… I wonder if there's an aftermarket solution and just do away with the factory all in one unit?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I believe there are tabs or some kind of retaining device on the back of the dash, if you look on the back, a dab of silicone may also help.

whiteroxorssr

So I found my 2018 Roxor dead the other day and couldnt figure it out but after I charged it up and took it for a long run, I noticed with the key off the speedo lights up and the needle goes full scale then the needle goes back to zero and the speedo turns off and this cycle repeats about every 3 seconds. This is what drained the battery. Anyone else hear of this?
My 2018 was doing something similar to that. Mine would go through the start-up cycle but then speedometer would go off. If I put the e-brake on things went back to normal. I took it to a dealer because it was under warranty and they found a switch that needed to be adjusted(but they could not tell me which one). It has been fine since. It never drained my battery down in my situation. When the speedometer was off, the lights were also off.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
If I knew what the fix was I could just do it myself maybe.