ooooooooooo

Snow Plow Mount

jdlee

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My plow should be here in a week or 2. Ordered the Meyer Home Plow electric lift. Uses a 2" receiver on the front.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My plow should be here in a week or 2. Ordered the Meyer Home Plow electric lift. Uses a 2" receiver on the front.

I looked at the Meyer home plow.....the Snowbear was considerably cheaper.......it’s hard to give a comparison without field testing both. The Meyer has been around awhile , the Snowbear is a new product. ( No reviews so far )

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I run Meyers plows on Willys era Jeeps. Always liked their stuff. I didn't know this model existed. These are super compelling. Getting a 2" receiver on the front of the Roxor would be trivial.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The modified Roxor hitch/ pintel combo.

Having my cake and eating it too by retaining my custom bumper set up.

F8EC7802-55DA-47C6-9AEA-80F16D2F2394.jpeg 91326DA5-3F63-4093-A9D1-C41DF4CF1661.jpeg 5774C2C9-8774-4C33-8079-ED8B327ACB38.jpeg

B

Bister

Not sure how to PM on these threads . .?

It's "start a conversation" on the person's name. It's a little different but the same idea, but you can have multiple people in a private conversation.... I think.

cherox

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Following this thread closely as I am considering getting a Roxor to use for fun but more importantly to plow with. Saw this posted to Instagram:
Screenshot_20181120-134958.png
Looks like a full hydraulic setup which id prefer due to the ability to quickly raise and turn

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nothing beats plowing with a engine driven mechanical hydraulic setup on a small Jeepish type rig. I tried plowing with a full size truck and a nice Western electric hydraulic setup, and comparatively, I hate it. Gimmie a Jeep and full hydro all day. Speaking of.. we're getting decked right now (NWI). You Yooper boys might be in for it too.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nothing beats plowing with a engine driven mechanical hydraulic setup on a small Jeepish type rig. I tried plowing with a full size truck and a nice Western electric hydraulic setup, and comparatively, I hate it. Gimmie a Jeep and full hydro all day. Speaking of.. we're getting decked right now (NWI). You Yooper boys might be in for it too.
Ha Ha. We have close to 4 ft since the first snow ! Yesterday 14” lake effect, it’s fluffy but then it was 7 degrees this morning.....starting to snow again now. The Rox is great , I have the cheaper Snowbear with electric lift, manual angle. The Rox is like glue too the ground and my drive is very steap. I think I will remove the shoes......and Finnish up the heater, pics befor dark , I hope !

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ha Ha. We have close to 4 ft since the first snow ! Yesterday 14” lake effect, it’s fluffy but then it was 7 degrees this morning.....starting to snow again now. The Rox is great , I have the cheaper Snowbear with electric lift, manual angle. The Rox is like glue too the ground and my drive is very steap. I think I will remove the shoes......and Finnish up the heater, pics befor dark , I hope !

WOW, you guys have gotten decked.

For me, all electric is a close second to hydro. I definitely dig your Snowbear setup, and I'm leaning that way if a full hydro doesn't come out soon. Clean and simple, I love it. I had a ATV with a plow setup, that was all electric, with a linear actuator up/down and manual left/right. Super sweet setup and SIMPLE. The key is to not over-complicate it. That Western on my Dodge is a "simple" early 90s setup but a PITA compared to the ATV or Jeep setups I had/got. It's the worst of all worlds - requires the charging/wiring/connections/grounds to be operating perfect AND has all the BS leaks/fittings/rust of the hydro. For me, all mechanical hydro or all electrical. That hybrid system is bad at everything lol.

K.I.S.S.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
SWEET. I was hoping they would do something this. Harness, eh? I wonder what they're planning there. Use the winch?

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SWEET. I was hoping they would do something this. Harness, eh? I wonder what they're planning there. Use the winch?
Harness, meaning wiring harness to power the plow. The plows used are electric over hydraulic.

B

Bister

I have a call in to a Western Rep here in Canada for a price on the Plow. I should know something later today or tomorrow. He said he will check it out cause he never heard of Roxor. I sent him the links to the appropriate pages etc.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a call in to a Western Rep here in Canada for a price on the Plow. I should know something later today or tomorrow. He said he will check it out cause he never heard of Roxor. I sent him the links to the appropriate pages etc.
Are you going with a straight or V-plow?

B

Bister

Are you going with a straight or V-plow?

I would like to go V-Plow. GO BIG OR GO HOME. lol. I really want to set the Roxor up right since it should be the last unit I buy and I would really regret not doing that for a few bucks spread over numerous years. Been trying all morning from the 3 different brands to find pricing. Everyone has to look it up and get back to me or the sales person is out of the office and they will get back to me. Checking into it, I would say all 3 plows are the same, just painted and branded different and sold through various dealers.

I have a cabin on a narrow trail and if the snow is heavy, I think the v-plow would do much better in there and I can scoop then. If its too much I can blow it out with my tractor, but then I have to haul it out there and put the tire chains on the tractor. it's only 4 miles, it's the hooking up the trailer and loading it and no cab that is the issue. LOL

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would like to go V-Plow. GO BIG OR GO HOME. lol. I really want to set the Roxor up right since it should be the last unit I buy and I would really regret not doing that for a few bucks spread over numerous years. Been trying all morning from the 3 different brands to find pricing. Everyone has to look it up and get back to me or the sales person is out of the office and they will get back to me. Checking into it, I would say all 3 plows are the same, just painted and branded different and sold through various dealers.

I have a cabin on a narrow trail and if the snow is heavy, I think the v-plow would do much better in there and I can scoop then. If its too much I can blow it out with my tractor, but then I have to haul it out there and put the tire chains on the tractor. it's only 4 miles, it's the hooking up the trailer and loading it and no cab that is the issue. LOL
I’m going with either the snowex or western v-plow depending on the dealers price. If they’re close in price I’ll go with black instead of red.

B

Bister

I’m going with either the snowex or western v-plow depending on the dealers price. If they’re close in price I’ll go with black instead of red.
I have 3 calls into 3 dealers for a price. One for each brand. Seems like no one wants my money. Lol. I might have a price by the end of the day and another dealer told me maybe by next week. Lol. If you find a price on any, please post it and I’ll do the same. We will just have to do a currency conversion and we should be close.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have 3 calls into 3 dealers for a price. One for each brand. Seems like no one wants my money. Lol. I might have a price by the end of the day and another dealer told me maybe by next week. Lol. If you find a price on any, please post it and I’ll do the same. We will just have to do a currency conversion and we should be close.
Snowex V-plow with handheld remote $3,500 plus MI 6% tax. He swears it comes with the vehicle mount and wiring harness but no headlight harness. I kind of find it hard to believe that it comes with a Roxor mount. He’ll put it on for an additional $300. Western dealer called his rep and was told they don’t make a plow for that vehicle so I had him call his rep again to get a price on just the blade. The main guy was gone until Friday so the #2 guy told him $3,444.44 plus tax. The Western price makes me further believe the SnowEx doesn’t come with a Roxor mount. My Roxor dealer called his Rep and was told a week or so before shipment on their snow plow mount, he wouldn’t nail down an exact ship date.

B

Bister

Currency conversion puts $3500 US at $4632 CDN

Thanks. I was expecting between $4500 and $5000.

I still haven't heard anything back.

I sent the link to the accessory page and a picture of the Roxor to the Western Rep cause he never heard of it yet. He did now. lol