ooooooooooo

Snow Plow Mount

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When you hear, list it here. (one of us has to make this thread)

Other than simply being awesome, snow plow is the major work chore my ROXOR is gonna have.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When you hear, list it here. (one of us has to make this thread)

Other than simply being awesome, snow plow is the major work chore my ROXOR is gonna have.
I have the same intentions as you.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will most likely fab something up. We're getting a little late in the year to be waiting.

I have a 6' Meyers I run off my 57 Willys. That will likely be perfect for the Roxor. I'll re-use that and fab the mount/lift.

Last edited:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It'd be nice to wire the Warn to a rocker switch and use that as the lift.

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Winter will be here soon.
Anyone have confirmation on a snow plow fitment?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

This is the 72" plow that I use on my Grizzly with tracks, my brother made it quick mount to fit 4 different units, so now it will be 5 units. The whole frame that mounts under the unit is homemade and comes off with the plow. The only thing that stays on your push unit is the 2" front mount to hang the plow on, which could be removed if you wanted when the plow is not needed. Originally it came with the light plate to mount it to the frame of a Rhino. You just need a 2" pipe the right height for the front and extend the push tube to the rear hitch and slip in a pin. I'll have to extend the tube for the Roxor. You drive up to it, lift the front on to the mount bar, hook up the winch and lift and it lifts the rear mount into place, pin it and go. On the Grizzly, the mount is the front bumper. If the snow gets too much for this, then we pull out the big guns, my "little" tractor with blower, snow push bucket and tire chains. The plow is mainly for the road to the cabin. Tractor is used around the house and shop in town.

IMG_2668.JPGIMG_2665.JPGIMG_2676.jpg129C3F07-16AF-40D5-8018-4BCF635A2EBE.jpegIMG_2664.JPG2EB973EA-D9BD-4372-B7CE-4AC25180E221.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just bought a Snowbear proshovel plow. 82” x19” it should be here the 15th. After a lot of surfing the Canadian built Snowbear looked to be well matched ...Uses a front mount receiver I can buy locally., will be a cut and fit application . Manual angle leaver, and electric vertical control , no winch required. About 1700 delivered.

B

Bister

I just bought a Snowbear proshovel plow. 82” x19” it should be here the 15th. After a lot of surfing the Canadian built Snowbear looked to be well matched ...Uses a front mount receiver I can buy locally., will be a cut and fit application . Manual angle leaver, and electric vertical control , no winch required. About 1700 delivered.

Yeah, a 82" would be nice. I slip a snatch block in to use the winch to raise and lower, cutting the speed in half makes it a bit more manageable. I am definitely going to need to know my upper limit with a 8000# winch with a snatch block in it. With only using this to clear the road, there isn't much raising and lowering, basically drop it and go. With it on the Grizzly, I usually made one pass with it straight, then a few passes with it angled to widen the road. It will be nice to have the extra weight to plow. I will post pics/video once it is set up and I get to use it.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I may never use mine , depending on when I go south for the winter....however, living on a mountain top you can get trapped......it’s insurance.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was told my plow will be delivered today ! That’s fast service considering the due date was the 15th to the 20th.
I am a bit nervous not knowing how the receiver mount will work on the Rox. Under the bumper are several items in the way of a clean install. Could be a mount as part of the bumper would work........?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I was told my plow will be delivered today ! That’s fast service considering the due date was the 15th to the 20th.
I am a bit nervous not knowing how the receiver mount will work on the Rox. Under the bumper are several items in the way of a clean install. Could be a mount as part of the bumper would work........?

We need it to. The white stuff flew in decent amounts yesterday. Up by you?

I wonder if you can build out a beefy 1/2" plate using the holes in the front and just integrate a boxed receiver channel into the heavy plate? Slide that piggy in and go.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
We need it to. The white stuff flew in decent amounts yesterday. Up by you?

I wonder if you can build out a beefy 1/2" plate using the holes in the front and just integrate a boxed receiver channel into the heavy plate? Slide that piggy in and go.

We had about an inch this morning, much white sticking to the trees and ground....I will look at the receiver project tomorrow as the shop is full with my new trailer which we cut the beaver tail off and am inserting 2 foot. My trailer is all aluminum with a wood floor, never seen anything like it , built with 7” sq tubing, 7,000 axles , 16” 10 ply tires. And only 2500 lbs over 32 ft , ! rated for 14,000 gross. ....anyway I did find a adjustable receiver at Autozone for 130.00 bucks , may be faster than a total fab job , will see and post pics later.....

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
PM me pics of that trailer. Sounds slick!