ooooooooooo

Shout out to Diesel Freaks

MIRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
DF is not being fined for Tuning Roxor ECM's, in fact he's still providing that service currently. He has done as much or more for the Roxor community than anyone out there, and is a valuable resource for us all to keep our Roxor's on the road. I say we rally around and purchase everything we can from DF, in a effort to support him.

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can confirm that all fines were related to products for road going vehicles and not Roxors. Diesel Freak was not the only company affected. The EPA has been going after everyone that modifies road vehicles. This process has been going on for almost a decade. All of the big businesses were hit first, and now the smaller ones are getting fined as well. Most of the big companies have top notch legal teams, so they were able to stay out the media.

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You will have to enlighten me. People on this forum used wade to tune a legitimate off-road only vehicle that has No dpf, scr, and uses no def. We are under the size requirements that dictate this for tractors hence why roughly over 30hp tractors today have the aforementioned emissions equipment. Stating that DF was nice people and did a good job is not bragging about paying them to commit a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I made an assumption that, after some research proved to be wrong. I must apologize for smearing Diesel Freaks for something they didn't do. However, if you do a search on "EGR" on this forum, it appears that at least a couple of other companies were modifying ECU's to do an EGR delete and countless roxor owners have modifed their EGR valves with or without the tune and posted articles and pictures to this website. I agree with everyone here that the EPA regs are bull, but they are still the law. I'm retired and used to have to deal with multiple fed agencies, EPA, OSHA, MSHA, FCC and lot's of state agencies. I've learned that when the feds make a law, they always have a stiff penalty for violating it. And when they decide to enforce it, they always leave many examples of the penalties so that we won't ever do that again. See this article for information on EPA recently targeting anyone who modifies or deletes emission control equipment.

EPA RAMPS UP ENFORCEMENT AGAINST ENGINE EMISSIONS TAMPERING

I live in a remote area and I know of 2 diesel shops in this end of the state that were busted by the feds for deleting emissions equipment and modifying ECU's. Anyone else in that type of business immediately closed their business.

I clearly don't care if you modify your emission control system, the chances of probably getting caught are very small and after all, you do own it. I do think it's unfair for a new Roxor owner to search through the site for info on EGR deletes and find a ton of info but nothing that I could find that informs the new owners that messing with anything on the emission control system violates a federal law. It might make a difference in what gets posted. I try to avoid doing anything that catches a bureaucrats attention when they're looking for something.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I made an assumption that, after some research proved to be wrong. I must apologize for smearing Diesel Freaks for something they didn't do. However, if you do a search on "EGR" on this forum, it appears that at least a couple of other companies were modifying ECU's to do an EGR delete and countless roxor owners have modifed their EGR valves with or without the tune and posted articles and pictures to this website. I agree with everyone here that the EPA regs are bull, but they are still the law. I'm retired and used to have to deal with multiple fed agencies, EPA, OSHA, MSHA, FCC and lot's of state agencies. I've learned that when the feds make a law, they always have a stiff penalty for violating it. And when they decide to enforce it, they always leave many examples of the penalties so that we won't ever do that again. See this article for information on EPA recently targeting anyone who modifies or deletes emission control equipment.

EPA RAMPS UP ENFORCEMENT AGAINST ENGINE EMISSIONS TAMPERING

I live in a remote area and I know of 2 diesel shops in this end of the state that were busted by the feds for deleting emissions equipment and modifying ECU's. Anyone else in that type of business immediately closed their business.

I clearly don't care if you modify your emission control system, the chances of probably getting caught are very small and after all, you do own it. I do think it's unfair for a new Roxor owner to search through the site for info on EGR deletes and find a ton of info but nothing that I could find that informs the new owners that messing with anything on the emission control system violates a federal law. It might make a difference in what gets posted. I try to avoid doing anything that catches a bureaucrats attention when they're looking for something.

I see where you are coming from, and I apologize for my harshness. I am with you as I believe all of these agencies are out of control completely. In this case with the epa it is completely against logic and clearly just an agenda. I do not know anyone at DF personally, but I feel bad that modifying a vehicle is in the same category as murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk