ooooooooooo

ROXOR FUEL PEDAL RELOCATION BRACKET.

Metricquartz

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone here have a template to make a fuel pedal relocation bracket? I drive with boots on and the current location of the fuel pedal gets tiresome real fast.
I know that there is an aftermarket one available but at $110.00 that is just highway robbery.

B

Bister

I just took my pedal off and used it as a template, its drive by wire, so it just unplugs. You have to take it off anyway. lol. Moved it over and bolted it back on with 2 bolts instead of 3. It's almost identical to the $110 one. I think I use some 2" flat iron or 2 1/2. The wires just reached on mine, nothing extra, I never looked to see if they were tied up tight if I could just snip the zip tie cause, like I said, they just reached. Less than $2.00 in steel and I welded to bolts in place for studs, but mine isn't powder coated. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Metricquartz

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the reply! I'll be doing this too very soon. No way would I buy that aftermarket one for $110.00. That is a CRAZY price for a small piece of steel.

B

Bister

Thanks for the reply! I'll be doing this too very soon. No way would I buy that aftermarket one for $110.00. That is a CRAZY price for a small piece of steel.
I think when I made mine, the right side bolt I made a welded on stud to the plate, then I used the left 2 holes to bolt it to the existing mount. I'll see if I can get a picture later.

B

Bister

A couple of pictures as I mentioned. The 2 bolts you see on the left bolt the plate to the existing mount and the assembly mounts with 3 to the plate. I think I welded in the one on the left as a stub and ground it down flush. Can’t remember, it was more than a week ago. Lol

0B16A0E9-9AEA-466F-B995-6FB2FA6EDED1.jpegFD144BC2-BBB3-4607-98CC-7BAEA010E3F9.jpeg

B

Bister

Thanks for the photos, You did a nice clean job and saved yourself a ton of cash.
Thanks. Think I used 2 1/2" flat iron for it, might have just been 2", not sure.

I bought a welder, plasma cutter and a few other toys for my shop last year to get into a new hobby for the winter. I just bought a Dewalt cold cut chop saw, worth every penny. I use to build garden sheds and drive truck part time in the winter, I gave up both of those. I do lawn care in the summer for 32 years. No longer feel like driving truck and my shoulder gave out with the nail gun and lifting OSB. The welding is nicer, but not as clean. lol. I make a lot of stuff out of old propane tanks, mainly stoves and pumpkins and a few customs things for friends. I'm working on a gravity fed pellet stove for ice fishing shacks now. Lots of tinkering on it, that's what I like, the tinkering, jig making, prototyping part. It's nice when I wanted to relocate the fuel pedal that I had all the stuff needed.

6363DF63-CE1B-4223-AF50-2A1E7087046A.jpeg BE5B99D9-901C-42C1-B675-FD7CA0369332.jpeg A5A2C906-4E70-4E37-ABA8-95BFEBD42851.jpeg AA62FF43-6E77-4AEF-B597-05B05454660E.jpeg 79DA396A-B688-41F3-88D1-2141D06172F3.jpeg C26B5B6B-6C51-431B-9D0C-FEDA2D303F4B.jpeg 47A67482-EA92-4C07-8FD7-42C37DC4A2F4.jpeg IMG_2732.JPG

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you were closer, I would get one of your propane bottle stoves. What a great idea!

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know this is a Roxor forum, but Dang, those are really cool.
Wish you were my neighbor!!??

B

Bister

I know this is a Roxor forum, but Dang, those are really cool.
Wish you were my neighbor!!??
Well, maybe after this Covid crap and I have extra stoves, I might've to pack up the Ford Escape with a few stoves and go for a drive south next winter.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well, maybe after this Covid crap and I have extra stoves, I might've to pack up the Ford Escape with a few stoves and go for a drive south next winter.
Come to south texas so we can gawk at you in shorts while you laugh at us wearing our thick arctic clothing.

B

Bister

Come to south texas so we can gawk at you in shorts while you laugh at us wearing our thick arctic clothing.
Yeah, with my white chicken legs.
Minus 34ºC (-29.4ºF) is a nice day for a walk with the dogs. FYI: I have groomed trails in the bush in the valley, it's always a nice day for walk down there.

There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.
IMG_6713.JPG
This was a wind free day or I would have had my whole face covered and I wear goggles then. No exposed skin.
Once I get my cab, I can use my Roxor to get to my trail head at my shack when it is this cold, till then I use my Ford Escape AWD.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I sure enjoy your YouTube videos, what do you do to purge the propane tanks before you cut them?

B

Bister

I sure enjoy your YouTube videos, what do you do to purge the propane tanks before you cut them?
Thanks.
I don't really purge them myself, I let them 'self purge' by letting them sit upside-down without the valve in them, saves a lot of time. They are actually very easy to work with. I have multiple tanks ready to go at any time and have them sandblasted before I even work on them unless they are for rusty pumpkins or something like that. I take the valve out and let them sit upside down till in need them, usually overnight is plenty for a purge. I strap them to a tree and was using a pipe wrench, but I had to cut the ring off first. I made a wrench now so I can let the tank sit on safety ring upside down. I'll spend a few hours just pulling valves etc then just stack them up till I need them. But I always check there is no pressure first. Some have a vent screw on the side, its the easiest way, if not I hook up my torch to check. If you want to cut into it right away, just fill it with water and drain it. I have gotten lots of tanks that are not empty, some have a few pounds in, to some that are almost full. Got a 100 pounder that was well over half full. I have propane for life doing this. These tanks paid for my welder, plasma cutter and a bunch of other shops toys in no time, including a new Dewalt DW872 cold cut chops. If you never heard of dry cut or cold cut chop saw for metal, look them up. I love it, way better than a bandsaw, they cut steel like its warm butter. There is a clip on YouTube of mine.

20BB0031-A8A7-4D05-A0A7-398D6BB8AB13.jpeg 291852D7-4CB7-476E-B8A5-CB17BBD1BC64.jpeg 1352FAF2-B88F-4409-AEF3-8E80078B6376.jpeg F6606401-13CF-4897-9974-F9CF43A49771.jpeg