ooooooooooo

Roxor Accessories

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm not where the Roxor is right now, I'll be there this weekend and will shoot some more photos of the steps and their mountings.
I'm not where the Roxor is right now, I'll be there this weekend and will shoot some more photos of the steps and their mountings.
Thanks!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
modified Jeep , not sure it’s a Willies at all, too bad!

It's a bit of a mutt, like most Jeeps but very likely late Willys era (late 50s or early early 60s). That's a nice early 5.

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here are some additional photos of my side step installation along with a little instruction. These are the "Rugged Ridge" part number 12025.34, sold as a pair. I got them through Amazon.

sidestep.jpg

The first thing you must do is paint them. They only come with a thin protective paint coating that just keeps them from rusting until they are sold. Scuff them real good with sandpaper and paint them with your choice of paint. I used a can of Duplicolor truck bed coating from the local auto parts store. I sprayed 3 coats on each part, allowing 30 minutes between coats. When dry to the touch, I flipped the parts over and painted the other side of each part. I now have a very durable coating that will hold up to shoes grinding against the dirt on the step.

After waiting until the next day for the paint to fully cure, I then loosely assembled each step, attaching the two side brackets and the longer frame bracket. With the fasteners slightly loose, the parts can be moved slightly while positioning to mark the location for the mounting holes.

The lower frame bracket is mounted at an angle to each step. This photo shows the driver's side holes to use. The passenger side is exactly the opposite.

stepunderside.jpg

It will attach to the frame where one of the body mount brackets is located. Drill two holes in the frame using an 11/64 drill bit and install 1/4 x 1 inch self tapping screws. Some hardware stores will call them "self drilling" screws. Refer to the image.

framebracket.jpg

With the frame bracket attached to the frame, hold the step in place to the underside of the floor. The rear side bracket will line up very close to being in line with one of the body seams. Refer to the image.

rear bracket.jpg

Make sure you position the step so that it is perfectly parallel to the body. You can eyeball this if you look down at an angle to the step. Refer to the image.

parallel.jpg

Once you have the step positioned properly, mark the holes on the underside of the floor for the step brackets. Remove the frame bracket from the frame and drill all four holes on each side under the floor. Use a 5/16 drill bit if you are accurate or 11/32 to allow for slight repositioning. Use 5/16 x 1 inch bolts. Then reattach the frame bracket and install the bolts for the step brackets. Tighten all nuts and bolts and you are finished.

This photo shows where the mounting bolts will end up when looking at the top side of the floor.

bracketbolts.jpg

Tip: Apply grease to the threads of frame screws before final assembly to prevent rust from developing. Also apply grease around the floor mounting holes.

Reactions: Tim

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Great job.
But it will get lost in this thread.
I'm going to pull it out into it's own thread soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tim

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Not sure if anyone thinks this is a big deal , but note in my profile pic. No vinyl body decoration which I saw as very ugly. There are several others.....that’s the challenge when you have little else to do. I peeled off the gray tire tracks decal...on the body. looks so much better !
Looks ok new...what about several years down the road in Texas sun. Cracked peeling sticker on your ride. Looking like crap.

Tim

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I just installed a pair of side steps from Rugged Ridge that look like something Willys would have put on the Jeep back in the late 50's. I got them through Amazon. Ignore the negative comments you'll see as most people couldn't figure out how to mount them. On the Roxor, they fit perfectly and are very sturdy. The brackets line up just right with the frame rails and the floorboard. It's just a matter of drilling the holes properly for mounting. Where most people goof is how the long bracket is attached to the step plate. It sits at an angle which is why there are two sets of holes lined up diagonally on the bracket. If there is interest, I could shoot some more photos of the exact location for mounting. There is only one spot, yet once you know where it is, it is very obvious. Here is the link on Amazon for the steps:

https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge...003AOPE86/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The pair of steps cost $69.99. I then went to the hardware store and bought 8 stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts for attaching to the floorboard and 4 self tapping screws, 1/4 x1 inch, for attaching to the frame rails. I also bought a can of Dupli-color truck bed coating from the local auto parts store to paint them with. They now have a very durable coating that will be hard to scrub off with our shoes.

View attachment 1322View attachment 1323[/QUOTE

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Getting the Roxor ready for winter. I've got the heater installed and it works very well. It's not pretty, but then again, this is a utility vehicle, so it doesn't have to be pretty. The red knob on the front controls the coolant flow through the heater core. You can turn it down for less flow if you don't need as much heat. You can also turn it all the way off for the summertime. On the right side of the heater is a control knob for the fan speed. It was in the upper 40's today and my wife wanted me to turn the heat down. That means it works great.

heater.jpg

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I forgot to mention, the heater is a Maradyne H-410312. You can find these on Amazon for about $130. But, be careful, I had to send my first one back because it was boxed wrong. The label on the outside was correct, but inside the box was a different heater. The whole job turned out quite well. The heater hoses are routed through the factory grommets in the firewall. Under the hood, the hoses still clear the valve cover so it can be removed for a valve adjustment without disturbing the hoses. In the fuse box under the right side of the dash is an unused 10 amp fuse that I wired up the positive wire to. On the firewall near the fuse box is a stud where I routed the ground wire to.

Reactions: Tim

Oakley

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where the Roxor resides, I am only there on the weekends. So, this coming weekend, I will shoot some underhood photos and post them for you.
IF you posted pictures of the underhood photos, can you tell me where to find them? I have the exact same heater. Thanks!

mopar93

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just posted yesterday, October 15, 2018, that I will be taking pictures of my heater hose layout during the coming weekend, so, they are not yet posted anywhere. I think the BTU output is about 14000 on this heater. I discovered the little diesel doesn't warm up quickly if just sitting and idling. You have to drive it to get it fully warmed up. But once it gets fully warmed up, instead of just warm air, it pumps out very hot air. I like that.

B

Bister

Thanks. I have a heater in my Rhino to, you can let it idle all day but it doesn’t toss heat till it works a bit. I’m still waiting in western Csnada for my Roxor. Dealer said maybe by the end of the month, but good things are worth the wait I guess. Lol

Im looking at this one. You mount it with the grill away from you as this one draws air through the core and out the doors on the side and bottom. There was one posted that is very similar to this one on here somewhere, but I think it was the one size smaller. They have this one and a 13,500 BTU on plus other styles. Hoping Mahindra has something soon so I can see which way to go.

Auxiliary Heating | Princess Auto

FYI: that is a Canadian price, our stuff is always higher than US.

Heater.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

I posted this in the HVAC thread also.

This showed up on the accessory page today.

85B653A8-D416-46F6-9AF7-871C2528D064.png