jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wanna know why there is no word on spare tire carrier yet...promo videos show them clearly.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think the demand for this vehicle was intensely underestimated. Seems like they are really scrambling to keep afloat on stuff.

The Jeep aftermarket in the US might be the single strongest aftermarket for any vehicle platform ever, and much of that will simply branch out to include the Roxor. I wouldn't worry about it too much lol. I think there will be several flavors of every widget imaginable.

B

Bister

I’ll need the hitch, but I would prefer a 2” receiver vs a shin buster. Lol.

An enclosure & windshield would be nice, but I would just want it to behind the seats, I wouldn’t want the cargo area covered for what I’ll be doing. Probably coming someday.

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
B

Bister

Bister, if the pintle hitch they're offering has the same mounting pattern as all pintle hitches do, there's companies that offer bolt on receivers for the same bolt pattern.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004KSHXVC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

That gets me a receiver, but that will be a worse ‘shin buster’ than the pintel hitch. Lol and ouch. I would like it under the bumper. Just get my own made I guess or wait. They’ll probably have one someday or someone will.

I can see adding the extra plate to the bumper if you want to pull 3000lbs. That back bumper doesn’t look the heaviest. Especially if you are tugging to pull someone out.

B

Bister

Haven't looked at the mounting steel at the thickness, Is it so thin they believe the need for the steel mounting plate to reinforce?

Just looking at the picture, it looks like that plate extends right out to bolt onto the frame mounts.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The frame rail is square, the bumper is square. I'd have to believe its easy to build a hitch. On the other hand, for it to be out of the way, it'd probably have to mount really really low considering the fuel tank is right inside the bumper. But if someone was to have the spare tire carrier, you'd be steering clear of the hitch anyways. I see the Roxor windshield is a $650 US option and it is indeed made of Lexan.

B

Bister

The frame rail is square, the bumper is square. I'd have to believe its easy to build a hitch. On the other hand, for it to be out of the way, it'd probably have to mount really really low considering the fuel tank is right inside the bumper. But if someone was to have the spare tire carrier, you'd be steering clear of the hitch anyways. I see the Roxor windshield is a $650 US option and it is indeed made of Lexan.

No spare tire needed. I can walk home from where I’ll be using it. Lol. There is more than enough room there. I have buddy’s at a major manufacturing shop. Just build a whole HD back bumper and powder coated with the receiver on the bottom edge. It can stick out a couple inches, just as long as I don’t walk into it. I ALWAYS ALWAYS remove any hitch in any truck I use as soon as I pull away from the trailer. That is one of my pet peeves. Lol.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I made a hitch up from some old 4” channel I had laying around. I drilled for the existing 6 holes in the bumper that have nuts already on them. $20 invested since I already had the hitch.

View attachment 448 View attachment 449

3513ED1E-81D2-4967-BBB2-34D25D5369C8.jpeg FA60C7D6-4915-4C99-BFDA-E248D2B16DAD.jpeg

Last edited:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

cohocarl

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have yet to see a snow plow mount for one. Will have to take a close look at one to see if I could fabricate a plow mount and use the 72" blade & push tube from my side by side.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Want me to get a pic of how my 61 is setup? The setup is crazy strong. Meyer style with a 6'. I think the added weight, maybe a LSD in the back, a 6.5 or 7 poly is not out of line. I plan on running my 6' meyer on the Roxor as primary and my Willys as backup duty.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Anyone hear about a hard top and doors? I just watched a dealer video saying they now have the option to order the Roxor with a complete hard enclosure and heater.