Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Fresh out of my 2022, 5.38 gears, 250 miles young, front and rear with carriers
450.00 plus ship/or local P/U
Nathan, 860-912-8755

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I know this is sort of an old thread but, what gears did you go to and how do you like them. I have a 2018 (new to me) and it had the 3.73 gears. I kinda hate them but 5.38 is too low for what I want.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know this is sort of an old thread but, what gears did you go to and how do you like them. I have a 2018 (new to me) and it had the 3.73 gears. I kinda hate them but 5.38 is too low for what I want.
Put some 35s on it, it'll drop the final drive RPM by almost 400 RPM.

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Put some 35s on it, it'll drop the final drive RPM by almost 400 RPM.
So, put the 5.38's in it, put larger tires on it to make up for the too low gearing? Well that's a plan but it's already too tall for me, I had to add steps to get in and out easily, the stock tires are all I ever need for what I do it's just that at an idle, in first gear it moves to fast, again for what I do. I'm thinking 4.56 gears would put it about where I want it. I have put it in 4 low and it's just about right in 3rd gear.
you might ask what is it that I do with it.
I idle around at night on about 25000 acres of ranch land hunting hogs for the most part, but running fence and just general ranch stuff. I don't do mudding or rock crawling or anything like that. Used a Polaris Ranger before I got the Roxor. The ranger had it's good points but I won't go back to it.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, put the 5.38's in it, put larger tires on it to make up for the too low gearing? Well that's a plan but it's already too tall for me, I had to add steps to get in and out easily, the stock tires are all I ever need for what I do it's just that at an idle, in first gear it moves to fast, again for what I do. I'm thinking 4.56 gears would put it about where I want it. I have put it in 4 low and it's just about right in 3rd gear.
you might ask what is it that I do with it.
I idle around at night on about 25000 acres of ranch land hunting hogs for the most part, but running fence and just general ranch stuff. I don't do mudding or rock crawling or anything like that. Used a Polaris Ranger before I got the Roxor. The ranger had it's good points but I won't go back to it.

See my post in this thread

Plug in the numbers in the gear calculator and tweak them to figure out your desired operating rpm at a given speed and gear. You’ll be looking at changing gear ratio in axles and the tire size. Look at the low range speed and crawl ratio that you like and try and mimic that in 2wd with axle gear changes and perhaps tire size changes

Reactions: lcp

allenintexas

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
See my post in this thread

Plug in the numbers in the gear calculator and tweak them to figure out your desired operating rpm at a given speed and gear. You’ll be looking at changing gear ratio in axles and the tire size. Look at the low range speed and crawl ratio that you like and try and mimic that in 2wd with axle gear changes and perhaps tire size changes
Thanks I'll check it out.