ooooooooooo

Roxor Accessories

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow, they are proud of it, and dealer install only! That'll cost ya another $150 in labor! So no thanks $500 for a heater

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m interested in how they do their defrost

B

Bister

Wow, they are proud of it, and dealer install only! That'll cost ya another $150 in labor! So no thanks $500 for a heater

I think when they say "dealer install only" they are actually saying it is an add on after manufacturing and not done in the factory even if you order a Roxor with a heater, not that you can't install it yourself. I will get an after market core from a local supplier and do it my self, but I know guys that can't or don't want to and they have more money than they do mechanical skills. lol

You can tell there is nothing special about that core, lots out there very similar to it. I highly doubt if this was a special build for the Roxor, they just made it work and packaged it up like a few after market guys are doing now.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The frame rail is square, the bumper is square. I'd have to believe its easy to build a hitch. On the other hand, for it to be out of the way, it'd probably have to mount really really low considering the fuel tank is right inside the bumper. But if someone was to have the spare tire carrier, you'd be steering clear of the hitch anyways. I see the Roxor windshield is a $650 US option and it is indeed made of Lexan.
The Perry Company out of Waco Texas is making a stationary as well as a flip out “glass” windshield as well as the the LoPro metal roof. If I’m not mistaken you have to use their roof with the tip out windshield. Spendy, but what isn’t for a UTV. Fixed windshield, $579.00, tip out, $799.00. Not sure of roof price. Try reaching out to them on the web. I am ordering up a tip out and the roof. I find their prices in line with other accessories out there, besides who wants a “plastic” windshield. I inquired about their products and was told they are available through your ROXOR dealers.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed a pair of side steps from Rugged Ridge that look like something Willys would have put on the Jeep back in the late 50's. I got them through Amazon. Ignore the negative comments you'll see as most people couldn't figure out how to mount them. On the Roxor, they fit perfectly and are very sturdy. The brackets line up just right with the frame rails and the floorboard. It's just a matter of drilling the holes properly for mounting. Where most people goof is how the long bracket is attached to the step plate. It sits at an angle which is why there are two sets of holes lined up diagonally on the bracket. If there is interest, I could shoot some more photos of the exact location for mounting. There is only one spot, yet once you know where it is, it is very obvious. Here is the link on Amazon for the steps:

https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge...003AOPE86/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The pair of steps cost $69.99. I then went to the hardware store and bought 8 stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts for attaching to the floorboard and 4 self tapping screws, 1/4 x1 inch, for attaching to the frame rails. I also bought a can of Dupli-color truck bed coating from the local auto parts store to paint them with. They now have a very durable coating that will be hard to scrub off with our shoes.

View attachment 1322View attachment 1323
I would love some more pics on these when you get a minute! Picking my new rig up tomorrow.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are some additional photos of my side step installation along with a little instruction. These are the "Rugged Ridge" part number 12025.34, sold as a pair. I got them through Amazon.

View attachment 1413

The first thing you must do is paint them. They only come with a thin protective paint coating that just keeps them from rusting until they are sold. Scuff them real good with sandpaper and paint them with your choice of paint. I used a can of Duplicolor truck bed coating from the local auto parts store. I sprayed 3 coats on each part, allowing 30 minutes between coats. When dry to the touch, I flipped the parts over and painted the other side of each part. I now have a very durable coating that will hold up to shoes grinding against the dirt on the step.

After waiting until the next day for the paint to fully cure, I then loosely assembled each step, attaching the two side brackets and the longer frame bracket. With the fasteners slightly loose, the parts can be moved slightly while positioning to mark the location for the mounting holes.

The lower frame bracket is mounted at an angle to each step. This photo shows the driver's side holes to use. The passenger side is exactly the opposite.

View attachment 1418

It will attach to the frame where one of the body mount brackets is located. Drill two holes in the frame using an 11/64 drill bit and install 1/4 x 1 inch self tapping screws. Some hardware stores will call them "self drilling" screws. Refer to the image.

View attachment 1414

With the frame bracket attached to the frame, hold the step in place to the underside of the floor. The rear side bracket will line up very close to being in line with one of the body seams. Refer to the image.

View attachment 1415

Make sure you position the step so that it is perfectly parallel to the body. You can eyeball this if you look down at an angle to the step. Refer to the image.

View attachment 1416

Once you have the step positioned properly, mark the holes on the underside of the floor for the step brackets. Remove the frame bracket from the frame and drill all four holes on each side under the floor. Use a 5/16 drill bit if you are accurate or 11/32 to allow for slight repositioning. Use 5/16 x 1 inch bolts. Then reattach the frame bracket and install the bolts for the step brackets. Tighten all nuts and bolts and you are finished.

This photo shows where the mounting bolts will end up when looking at the top side of the floor.

View attachment 1417

Tip: Apply grease to the threads of frame screws before final assembly to prevent rust from developing. Also apply grease around the floor mounting holes.
I didn’t see these pics before, thanks for sharing this I really like what you’ve done here.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed a pair of side steps from Rugged Ridge that look like something Willys would have put on the Jeep back in the late 50's. I got them through Amazon. Ignore the negative comments you'll see as most people couldn't figure out how to mount them. On the Roxor, they fit perfectly and are very sturdy. The brackets line up just right with the frame rails and the floorboard. It's just a matter of drilling the holes properly for mounting. Where most people goof is how the long bracket is attached to the step plate. It sits at an angle which is why there are two sets of holes lined up diagonally on the bracket. If there is interest, I could shoot some more photos of the exact location for mounting. There is only one spot, yet once you know where it is, it is very obvious. Here is the link on Amazon for the steps:

https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge...003AOPE86/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The pair of steps cost $69.99. I then went to the hardware store and bought 8 stainless steel bolts, washers, and nuts for attaching to the floorboard and 4 self tapping screws, 1/4 x1 inch, for attaching to the frame rails. I also bought a can of Dupli-color truck bed coating from the local auto parts store to paint them with. They now have a very durable coating that will be hard to scrub off with our shoes.

I have to ask, where did your mirrors come from.

Mmcduffie

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Thanks for the instructions and pics. I bought mine not long after you and your thread was very helpful with the install.

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
keep an eye on that ---- mine was about like that and bent the heck out of things pulling my boat--- just my 2 cents