ooooooooooo

Pinion Seal Trouble

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have looked there and many other dealers and did try but they are also sold out of the pinion seal it is also listed on Sherwood site as sold out :( . I understand there is a problem with the fire at the Mahindra warehouse but still.. I would have been in deep trouble without ya'lls encouragement to pursue a jeep seal. My dealer said basically there was no substitute... and maybe not an exact match is out there .... but to get by.. this jeep seal is working might good.
Sherwood has all of my future business at any rate. :) Thanks Magahawk :)

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You have pics of the oem seal and one of the Jeep seal. I’m not quite understanding the differences. I can’t picture what the joint guard is that your talking about.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You have pics of the oem seal and one of the Jeep seal. I’m not quite understanding the differences. I can’t picture what the joint guard is that your talking about.
I'll try to take a picture tomorrow. One of the inner grooves is different on the jeep seal... but the rubber seal and flange are the same. thankfully.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I took a picture of the jeep seal - actually 3 of them but my lens was cloudy. This is the best of the 3. You may can just make out the "guard" or whatever it is , at the back end of the ujoint yoke. The wire really got after it so not sure really what it's supposed to do or look like, but thought it might should sort of inset in the oem groove to help protect the seal. At any rate, the seal is working real good and not leaking . :)

KIMG0326.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I looked under my roxor and think I see what you were talking about.
9b3add53f3f13c2596fb6811432643ae.jpg

I wouldn’t worry about that piece not on your seal. I can’t remember any of my Jeep seals having that. It could also do more harm than good. It’s possible the wire you got tangled with wedged itself under that cover and then went to work on the seal. Can’t say you would be fine without it but could definitely see how it could be harmful under the right circumstances.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for looking and commenting Texroadkill. I do like this machine . :)

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
this is a very helpful thread, issues that come up and how they are repaired. For me one of the things I like about the Roxor is the ability to perform repairs myself.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The "do it yourself plan" is the draw for me also Indy4570 . :)
By the way, I cancelled the pinion seal order that was placed with my local dealer in the middle of July since the prepaid order had not come in. I had to do all the homework for the order and feel like they definitely dropped the ball with me and feeding me the wrong information on no substitute being available .. I mean over 2 months.. come on now. :(
I just ordered my maintenance items and the pinion seal from Sherwood tractor :) after a pleasant contact with them. Its on its way just in case I find another piece of wire. They are on the ball- my kind of dealer . :) I also treated myself to one of the steering wheel badges. :) :) :) .