ooooooooooo

Rear output shaft seal part number

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello, anyone have this part number or a link to it? I have looked all over and can’t seem to find the seal.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well, #16 was what I thought too. I just received it from Sherwood but it’s the flange/seal guard but no seal. (If anybody needs this part let me know.)

I’m wondering if it’s #26 in the diagram “oil deflector”

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was thinking maybe 42 and the two seals were the same. But 26 sounds as good a guess as mine. Or remove what you got and take it to a bearing shop and have them match the seals up.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I will reach out to Sherwood to see if they know which one it is. Anyone else had a leak on that seal? Mine has about 1100 miles. After noticing the leak I also found the t case fluid to be very low. Decided to drain and refill. Factory oil was trashed with metal shavings. You think that caused the seal to fail? I have a feeling the seal may be salvageable after cleaned up but I hate to take it apart without a new one on hand.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think you may be right with #42 since it shows the t-case uses two of those seals. In stock at Sherwood so I ordered a couple. I’ll post back after they come in.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I will reach out to Sherwood to see if they know which one it is. Anyone else had a leak on that seal? Mine has about 1100 miles. After noticing the leak I also found the t case fluid to be very low. Decided to drain and refill. Factory oil was trashed with metal shavings. You think that caused the seal to fail? I have a feeling the seal may be salvageable after cleaned up but I hate to take it apart without a new one on hand.
My 2020 has 1200 miles on it. At 500 I swaped out all fluids and grease. I don't trust whatever fluid was used

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys I’m still trying to source this rear output seal. Cross reference?

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
UPDATE…It appears I’m the only one one here to have that particular seal leak, maybe this will help the next guy down the line…I went ahead and removed the seal. It is made by ARS-HTA, part # 0703BC00100N, 39.4 x 63.5 x 10. It appears the seal was not driven flush causing it the ride to close to the companion flange, but I may be wrong.

I have sourced one close from Grainger but haven’t found the exact one yet. I wonder if the CJ output seals fit?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’d skip grainger and go to a bearing and seal place. They can match it up much better than grainger. if you do decide to try a CJ one your gonna have to go back to the flatties era or shortly thereafter to find one with a similar t case. I’d just tell them like a 1955 cj3b.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m in a small town so no bearing/seal shop that I’m familiar with. The Grainger seal is 39.68 x 63.5 x 9.52. Think it will work?

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sherwood came through with the seal so im back in business. 2" PVC works well for installing the seal.