ooooooooooo

VIN mismatch - how to fix. WTB roxor for sale with bad xfer case seal and auto trans

voo_pah

I have a roxor that has an earlier model year engine cpu installed. Will the man catch me/ding me when I get sniffed or hooked up to the OBD2 machine? My concern is the VIN on the door/windshield will not match the VIN in the previous computer? How do I reprogram the computer? I'd rather not try to move VIN metal tags or stickers to the newer vehicle.

Also, someone in the western us was selling a roxor with an auto trans and a leaking rear xfer case seal. I texted you once, but you weren't ready to sell. Are you ready to sell today? I think the vehicle may have been used in the mining industry. This would have been say within the last 6 months or so.

TIA

voo_pah

Do you know if the VIN is encoded in the engine management computer? What other common things can be modified for better results (top speed, fueling, etc). What would be the charge for reprogramming? Do you sell or know of engine management computers that can be purchased? I would like to travel with a spare.

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes, the VIN is encoded into the ECU. As far as whether or not your local emissions organization will check for it, I don't know the answer to that. Just about anything of importance can be reprogrammed. Along with top speed and fueling, other things like an optimized grid heater profile and seat belt speed restriction can be changed. The tuning price is $600. I don't have any currently, but they can be ordered. Honestly though, unless you are planning on swamping it, the chances of an ECU dying are slim to none.