ooooooooooo

MINOR upgrades Mahindra SHOULD make-

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Is the console from amazon too.
How much room is in the glove box?
both the console and the glove box are made by Tuffy. You can order them on Amazon or direct from the company. The glove box is a CJ replacement and is good sized box. The Console is huge. Both are lockable. The console will require cutting and welding basic fab work-(but easy to do) because of the brake lever. You will have to cut out part of the floor and re-weld it back in at an angle, and also cut out a slot in the front for the lever to be raised. Other than that, it fits fairly well and is nice storage.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
both the console and the glove box are made by Tuffy. You can order them on Amazon or direct from the company. The glove box is a CJ replacement and is good sized box. The Console is huge. Both are lockable. The console will require cutting and welding basic fab work-(but easy to do) because of the brake lever. You will have to cut out part of the floor and re-weld it back in at an angle, and also cut out a slot in the front for the lever to be raised. Other than that, it fits fairly well and is nice storage.
Wish there was a YouTube video showing how to do both the glove box and adjusting the hand break both would be amazing additions.

sandyx

Founding Member
Is it already discussed or is the FFRA new?

Screenshot_2019-05-08-19-21-51-187_com.android.chrome.png

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Curious what you cut the glove box opening out with. I have one in my Amazon cart now.
used a air cut-off wheel. You could also try a dremmel or similar small metal cutting wheel. I would strongly suggest making a pattern out of cardboard and try to adjust the fit with that. The back of the glove box is a bit irregular and trial fit with the cardboard pattern will save a lot of grief.

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven't heard anything change but that used to say semi.
I can still find one place on the website that says semi float rear, and this one that says full float rear.

My guess is the full float is coming, maybe as an option, but is not here yet. I'd expect an announcement from Mahindra when it get's here.

Entglass51

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If Mahindra wants to leap frog the competition, the formula is quite simple: 1) Build one basic vehicle (e.g., Classic) of exceptional high quality, steel/aluminum construction near current price point. That could include a real rear bumper solidly attached to the frame, vice the current cross member wanna-be. Along with better paint, decent undercoating would also be nice. 2) Pay attention to detail and give priority to quality control. Surely, three thousand units in, the factory has figured out how to get employees to tighten fasteners and fill to proper fluid levels. Time for those, "gee, we're new at this," excuses has expired. 3) Don't be too big to listen to the customers. Since virtually all automotive manufacturers don't, Mahindra would have an automatic leg up if it did. It'd be interesting to know if anyone up the Mahindra food chain pays attention to places like this forum. Among this group of early adapters, there's some considerable expertise (not me) and good ideas -- Roxor knowledge often well exceeding what's found in many dealerships -- and we're part of a free testing ground for the product. Some of the suggested ergonomic improvements noted above are minimal cost. Ditto for minor things such as drilling an extra drain hole in the floorboard or cutouts to facilitate heater/defroster add-ons. Seems the off-road market has a bunch of strong minded individuals who know what they want. It's rarely what the factory guesses they want. The SE/LE models may have been okay as product kick-starters, but if one needs a winch, they can buy a winch they prefer, without a sound system and extra lighting thrown in for good measure. The open differential with basic KO2 tires are adequate for most of us putzers and woefully lacking for others. Those who desire swampers with spinners and electronic lockers can buy them after market. It'd be nice if a large, a la carte selection of DIY/dealer installs were offered at competitive prices. Same goes for spare parts, without waiting for the slow boat from India. Every Roxor should enable owners to make it street legal where legal. Put the onus on the owners and dispense with the work-arounds. And while they're at it, make electrical hook-ups easy and simple. Treating factory wiring diagrams like they're nuclear codes is ridiculous. When the kinks are eventually worked out of introductory Roxor, it would be nice to see a Scrambler version with a dump bed and pto for ag use. That might be reason to own two. All in all, seems we're off to a good start.
Great Points dealer network has to follow thru with Mahindra asked salesman what they actually do at prep? Aren't they supposed to check levels grease fittings ??? Naa sounds like to much like doing a Job!!! Wait I get paid to prep & check

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great Points dealer network has to follow thru with Mahindra asked salesman what they actually do at prep? Aren't they supposed to check levels grease fittings ??? Naa sounds like to much like doing a Job!!! Wait I get paid to prep & check

Oh they grease fittings alright. They grease everything. They even grease their grease.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks, here is the locking console I also installed with a little bit fab work due to the emergency brake lever.View attachment 3676View attachment 3677
Nice console! I just mounted a .50 cal ammo box modified so I could put a padlock on it between the seats...works all right and keeps stuff clean and dry, plus it matches my olive green paint fairly closely, and gives it a more military look, but that Tuffy box is really nice. I wish the under seat boxes were a little more weather resistant...I understand needing drain holes, but the big holes in the back wall make no sense to me. You can actually see the rear axle through one of them on each side and after just a short ride on a dirt road, EVERYTHING in the boxes gets covered with a thick layer of dust.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I agree, I should have bought the basic model as Im thinking of replacing all the add on with better suited for what im doing.
Keep it simple and basic Mahindra and we will modify as we like it.

Most of these ideas sound like exactly how you go from a basic, utilitarian CJ2, to a 4 door 60,000 Rubicon Unlimited.

I like it just the way it is, I'll add anything I like.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Nice console! I just mounted a .50 cal ammo box modified so I could put a padlock on it between the seats...works all right and keeps stuff clean and dry, plus it matches my olive green paint fairly closely, and gives it a more military look, but that Tuffy box is really nice. I wish the under seat boxes were a little more weather resistant...I understand needing drain holes, but the big holes in the back wall make no sense to me. You can actually see the rear axle through one of them on each side and after just a short ride on a dirt road, EVERYTHING in the boxes gets covered with a thick layer of dust.
I taped the holes shut ( in the under the seat boxes) and installed a rubber mat over that. the piece of rubber matt helps with any tools etc.. banging around in the box under the seat.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I taped the holes shut ( in the under the seat boxes) and installed a rubber mat over that. the piece of rubber matt helps with any tools etc.. banging around in the box under the seat.
I did tape the big ones in the back up yesterday. The rubber matt idea makes a lot of sense...it would block out some of the dust, yet still allow water to drain out of the tub. it would probably also help keep tools, chains. ect from making a lot of contact with water and rusting everything up...unless you do a lot of deep water fording of course. I'm going to have to buy some floor matts or some kind of dish matt or something tomorrow to put in my boxes. Good idea!

Jamesc

Are plugs for the floor holes supposed to come with the Roxor? If not has anyone come up some removable ones that will fit?

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
2.) The emergency brake handle, when engaged, and the gear shift lever, almost make contact.
Your turn....

This is the one that I noticed right away — You cant shift into reverse with the parking brake up, smacks right into it.

As to my BIGGEST pet peeve, its hands down the turning radius. I am trying to maneuver a ton of grapes on a trailer and should not have to back up because a post is in the way I cant clear — no pick up would have trouble with these turns. With the short length, it should be far more maneuverable than a pick up.

MAGAHAWK

I'm NOT referring to front and read PTO's and a belly mower, I mean small, nickel and dime stuff.
Surely they would like some honest feedback.
List your top few MINOR improvements-

Here's mine after 100 miles of ownership-

1-) The key switch has no "indent" between off and acc., Thus, it's too easy to accidently drain the battery

2.) The emergency brake handle, when engaged, and the gear shift lever, almost make contact.

3.) While there is plenty of leg room for the driver, the PEDALS seemed to be a little close together.
When wearing boots, I often find myself on the wrong pedal. Maybe more seat time and I'll adjust.

4.) Tires (they fall under minor because they have to provide some anyway) If this is truly an off road vehicle,
let see some real off road tires. At a minimum, a more aggressive DOT set of tires.

Your turn....
offer a "real" gauge package - all analog. stock 1pc unit sucks big time. I would gladly pay extra for quality ANALOG gauges. Oil press, coolant temp. volt meter, considering retro fitting my own