MINOR upgrades Mahindra SHOULD make-

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
better seats would be nice vs buying those high backs

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
my 2 cents. Move the pedals farther apart--especially the clutch move to the left and greater space between gas & brake.
2. add limited slip diffs front and rear, full lockers could be special order--but limited slip should at least be standard
3. the paint quality sucks. I special ordered my color and paid an extra grand-- the result was small runs etc. there is no primer used. I removed a hinge and no paint or primer, just bare metal---unacceptable considering the exstra cost.
4.change axles to 30 spline rather the current 19 spline axle. that would allow for more choices on aftermarket lockers--hell, just use more standard (stronger) axles & diffs--that would be very helpful.
5. that damn tailgate rattles to the point of giving you a migraine. it doesn't seam adjustable either. If you mount a tire to the gate--it will rattle even more (due to the added weight). If they could change the latch to hold the gate tight- that would be great. I am with others, I would like to keep this rig bare bones and let everyone build to their needs other than the few changes listed above.

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
my 2 cents. Move the pedals farther apart--especially the clutch move to the left and greater space between gas & brake.
2. add limited slip diffs front and rear, full lockers could be special order--but limited slip should at least be standard
3. the paint quality sucks. I special ordered my color and paid an extra grand-- the result was small runs etc. there is no primer used. I removed a hinge and no paint or primer, just bare metal---unacceptable considering the exstra cost.
4.change axles to 30 spline rather the current 19 spline axle. that would allow for more choices on aftermarket lockers--hell, just use more standard (stronger) axles & diffs--that would be very helpful.
5. that damn tailgate rattles to the point of giving you a migraine. it doesn't seam adjustable either. If you mount a tire to the gate--it will rattle even more (due to the added weight). If they could change the latch to hold the gate tight- that would be great. I am with others, I would like to keep this rig bare bones and let everyone build to their needs other than the few changes

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My seat glides don't go ahead far enough for short me to lean back . Also the bolts in the the slides are tack welded down in the glide so I can't replace with longer bolts and thereby adjust height from the base. I will have to do any adjusting from top where the seat bolts to the glides instead of the base to the glides.
I like bare bones as well.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree with Bill and Camyman. It is what it is. I made myself rationalize that before I bought it. We have the ability to spend as much money on it as we want and make it anything we want. Again, it is at the price point it is because Mahindra went to a bunch of trouble to make it not for highway use.

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed the Fortress windshield and fit and finish was flawless. Not an option on mine to install wiper on top, but bottom would be fine. What was your source for the manual wiper?

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My seat glides don't go ahead far enough for short me to lean back . Also the bolts in the the slides are tack welded down in the glide so I can't replace with longer bolts and thereby adjust height from the base. I will have to do any adjusting from top where the seat bolts to the glides instead of the base to the glides.
I like bare bones as well.

Further seat adjustment. My wife is 5’2 and when the seat is all the way forward she still cant press the clutch all the way down. We have to put a pillow against the back seat to extend foot reach so she doesn’t mess up the clutch.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
5. that damn tailgate rattles to the point of giving you a migraine. it doesn't seam adjustable either. If you mount a tire to the gate--it will rattle even more (due to the added weight). If they could change the latch to hold the gate tight- that would be great. I am with others, I would like to keep this rig bare bones and let everyone build to their needs other than the few changes listed above.
I
update: removed the latch side of the tailgate and re-drilled mounting holes. it fixed the rattle. The latch was about 1/2-3/4 inch off to hold tight. a little quality control would have prevented this. --just sayin'

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm not a little guy and I am constantly hitting the brake and gas pedals at the same time. Mahindra doesn't even have to move the equipment if they engineer a L bend in the clutch and brake pedal to move them more left. An aftermarket company could make some bucks here.

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I
update: removed the latch side of the tailgate and re-drilled mounting holes. it fixed the rattle. The latch was about 1/2-3/4 inch off to hold tight. a little quality control would have prevented this. --just sayin'
Encountered the same problem. Every single Roxer I looked at the dealer had the same issue. Loose tailgate. I removed the latch and elongated the holes with a die grinder and was able to tighten it up.

B

Bister

I'm not a little guy and I am constantly hitting the brake and gas pedals at the same time. Mahindra doesn't even have to move the equipment if they engineer a L bend in the clutch and brake pedal to move them more left. An aftermarket company could make some bucks here.
Since it is drive by wire, I was looking a making a plate that would move the fuel pedal over about 1.5", using one of the holes already there. It would go between the mount and the fuel pedal assembly. Then I could rest my foot on the centre hump when I drive also.

roxorEDM

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
too far apart might make it difficult when you have to make quick heel/toe downshift when the going is heavy like mud/sand though.
I wouldn't want pedals moved with size 10 track shoe I wouldn't be able to keep the shifts crisp without loosing fwd momentum.

would be different if I wore winterized work boots of muckers

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Move the accessory plug and put an actual glove box there, water temp gauge, and possibly raise the speed limiter. Other than that I am beyond thrilled with mine, excellent off-road vehicle price is right on point, what we all wanted Jeep to do for the last 40+ years!

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Move the accessory plug and put an actual glove box there, water temp gauge, and possibly raise the speed limiter. Other than that I am beyond thrilled with mine, excellent off-road vehicle price is right on point, what we all wanted Jeep to do for the last 40+ years!
Here's my box, also added locker switches and seat heater controls since this pic.
20190110_160923.jpg

Norseman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
LE#62
This is stock. I would like to see a full floating rear axle. Hubs up front. Lockers front and rear. Taller suspension with better shock package. 35 inch tires. Tube doors. And a rear bumper with a hitch, swing gate, spare tire, spare jerry cans and a jack.

The engine output bumped.

Some amenities on the dash too. Like better gauges. A nav system, a CB radio, windshield and wipers? Plusher seating.

Basically something more like a Thar.....

I understand it’s flying under the radar as a UTV. But a trail ready package that is more refined is going to steal market share away from Can Am, Polaris and others.

Maybe not as minor as the OP wanted, but not bad.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mission impossible is trying to please everyone while controlling cost. Roxor is ideally positioned to stay above that fray. Imo, it doesn’t need extra features beyond those provided in the Classic I platform – steel wheels, BFG or GY tires, no roof or doors, no light bar or stereo, no winch, and standard bumpers – for $15K. In return, one may expect a quality, rock solid platform to build upon, to which after market improvements can be made, limited only by perceived need and actual affordability – lockers, selectable hubs, winch, heavy duty bumpers, windshield, mirrors, heater, enclosed cab, floor mats or whatever. Roxor comes with a steel body and minimum plastic. It shouldn’t be too much to ask for impeccable welds, fasteners properly torqued, stainless where corrosion is an issue, reasonable fit/tolerances, fluids correctly filled, a frame thoroughly primed and a decent color selection of quality paint. (Perhaps, energy focused on offering 900 colors and fancy wraps might be better applied elsewhere). Seems sloppy tailgate alignment, uncoated metal, loose screws and bolts and low fluid levels are occasional, inexcusable quality control deficiencies on Roxor’s assembly line. Definitely, no Roxor should begin to rust on the dealer’s outside lot while waiting to be sold. At this early juncture, however, rust may be more cosmetic than serious, but not to be totally dismissed. Roxor ergonomics can avoid being given short shrift, starting with comfortable and adjustable seats, gauges and switches that make sense and are logically located, pedals properly spaced, a hand brake that doesn’t collide with the transfer case, floor drain holes and maybe a real glove compartment to fill wasted space. We get it that Roxor is not intended to be street legal, but trying to make the point by omitting turn signals appears especially silly. Finally, availability of a service manual and wiring diagrams would be helpful. Lest this sound like Roxor bashing, it’s not. I am very impressed with mine and, like the rest of you with yours, continue to seek to make it perfect. To each his/her own is the real advantage and basic beauty of this machine in a category of its own.