ooooooooooo

Max’s Roxor Build

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Back home now. I’ve got plenty of photos and a story to tell. As soon as I can get caught up on life... and shackle orderers.... I’ll get a post typed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Back home now. I’ve got plenty of photos and a story to tell. As soon as I can get caught up on life... and shackle orderers.... I’ll get a post typed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You didn't get stuck in that nasty storm across the midwest did you?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bad ice in Texas and tailgating plow trucks for the last 3 hours home. I’d say we passed more then 10 tractor trailers on their side a few flipped cars and plenty of minor accidents. My “Dodge-Mahal”pulling 40 feet of trailer made it safe. My Motorhome had a handful of mechanical issues but nothing related to the weather.

89c3deb203db82a9b809ae007be866fe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Max A.: great accomplishment!

I would like to point out that you have built the most modified Roxor body on this forum. Yet, you still have the Roxor grill. You're true to the Roxor brand.
In contrast, most forum members that have not made any body modification (me included), have replaced the Roxor grill.

Max A., you are a true Mahindra / Roxor brand embassdor. I hope Mahindra recognizes you for your work on their behalf (or at least know about your work).

Enjoy the race.

Thank you for the kind words.

Not a peep out of Mahindra unfortunately. My contacts have been layed off. It’s a tough time for them right now. I hope they come back fighting. Heck maybe one day I’ll be able to race one of the new roxors. I’m assuming they can’t do much with the image of my current roxor because of the lawsuit.

Last edited:

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
View attachment 6223
View attachment 6224
View attachment 6225
View attachment 6226

Happy with the result. Time to weld it up and make it permanent.

Hey @Max A. Can I get a measurement on this hole? Looks like it's maybe 3mm from the top of the frame, how far back is it? I prefer metric measurements if possible. I'm just about ready to burn your kit onto Jezebel.

My buddy is a union welder, used to tight spaces... Should I go ahead and drop the fuel tank or do you think it's doable without dropping?

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Update.

I’ve had 2 major failures so far. One of which was my fault, the other I can place blame elsewhere.

I blew up my rear differential. This was a used differential that came out of another rig. The carrier bolts came loose and began the chain reaction leading to the self destruction. I was able to re assemble it with random parts from my parts piles temporarily until the new diff is built.

View attachment 7732
View attachment 7733
View attachment 7734
View attachment 7735

I cut a shim on the plasma table to space the bearing back out from where it had spun down on the carrier and found new bearings in my pile of parts. View attachment 7736
View attachment 7737
View attachment 7738
View attachment 7739

I re patterned the gears and installed it back in the roxor and it’s held up for now but it’s just temporary until the new diff build is finished.

The other failure was the turbo....

I smashed my exhaust pretty good backing up into a rock. It grabbed it and pushed everything forward.... and at the end of the line was the poor little turbo exhaust housing. It warped the flange and created a leak causing the turbo to spool slowly and make terrible noises.

View attachment 7740
View attachment 7741
View attachment 7742
View attachment 7743
View attachment 7744

My next exhaust will include a section of flex pipe to take any and all strain off the new turbo.

When this happened, did your roxor idle rough? Looks like it may have been damaged enough that you wouldn't have driven it very much until you machined the flange flat

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When this happened, did your roxor idle rough? Looks like it may have been damaged enough that you wouldn't have driven it very much until you machined the flange flat

Nope no idle issues

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wasn’t really planning on selling them but shoot me a pm

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wasn't going to ask first, but....

I need one that can be installed without removing the winch plate or front bumper.

No room to work in the inside plate with that still attached. And it’s the inside plate that is key to the reinforcement strength

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No room to work in the inside plate with that still attached. And it’s the inside plate that is key to the reinforcement strength

I did not remove my winch plate or bumper. Just dropped the box off the frame and hung it down as low as the lines would let me. It’s tight but definitely doable with these plates.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did not remove my winch plate or bumper. Just dropped the box off the frame and hung it down as low as the lines would let me. It’s tight but definitely doable with these plates.

I did mine in reverse then. I dropped the box but left the steering shaft on and removed the adapter bracket and also removed bumper and winch. It was tight. Guess there’s really more than one way to skin a cat. Poor cat, he ain’t got no fur no more.

MaXXis85

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Would just welding the sleeves with a fender type washer to the frame be sufficient? There are 4 connection overall. The plate definitely spreads the load out.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Would just welding the sleeves with a fender type washer to the frame be sufficient? There are 4 connection overall. The plate definitely spreads the load out.
It would work but it wouldn't be the end all be all, and it will be more of a pain to grind and correct later if there is a failure.

If you were to try and fix it without a chassis plate I would weld the inner and grind the outer down until its flush with the frame. so the bolts are pulling on the frame and not the sleeves.