ooooooooooo

Keys-ignition and underseat lock box

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for looking! I know John Deere And Kubota are all the same.
I get extra tractor keys off of Amazon. Really glad Roxors are unique.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I talked to my dealer‘s parts guy today about keys. He said keys are not available from Roxor.
He did say he could get me an ignition switch that came with two keys. I’m like no thx.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I talked to my dealer‘s parts guy today about keys. He said keys are not available from Roxor.
He did say he could get me an ignition switch that came with two keys. I’m like no thx.
That is one complaint I have about Roxors...when I bought mine, I asked the dealer about extra keys and just got a blank stare from them. They told me they would check into it, but I never got a definite answer from them, so I figured I was on my own. I went to a local key shop and they found a key blank that worked for the seat boxes (an ignition key from get this...a Jaguar!), but they couldn't help me with the ignition key. I'm curious about the blanks you found...they look like the right ones to me, but I'll know for sure in the next day or two.

That's ridicules they offered to sell you a whole new ignition switch just to get two keys!!! So you wind up with the same problem...you get two new ignition keys, but no easy way to get new ones cut. Brilliant!

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Got my keys in today.
This is the blank on Amazon
I talked to the guy at Lost A Key. He said our key code is the number pressed into the shank. These keys are all precut to this key number.
If you send him a picture of your key and the number pressed into the side of the shank he can get you the correct precut key. Our ignition switch is a Cole Hersee switch.

Last edited:

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
These keys definitely work.
I'm pretty sure the key code is the number stamped on the side of the key.

Reactions: lcp

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm in search of a spare key myself. Bought an '18 used. My key is the same shape as the '640' but has 665 pressed into the side.

I wonder if it is the same blank?

ROXOR Key Code.jpg

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just purchased 2 Mahindra key blanks from J5 tractor in Normangee, Texas. Try them out.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just purchased 2 Mahindra key blanks from J5 tractor in Normangee, Texas. Try them out.
Thanks

Do you have any contact info for J5?

What year is your Roxor?

Is the number stamped on the side 640, 655 or something else.

Did the keys get pre-cut or just blanks?

Thanks @HellGoat

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Hi,Can someone share a clear picture of the Keys.I can try & source the correct one from mahindra

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Pls check these two types are readily available with us

Keys 2.jpg Keys.jpg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I had copies made, they told me that the one for the boxes is the same as a Jaguar ignition key, believe it or not! If I was home, I could see which one they used for the ignition key. I'll have to check it out and refresh my memory a little and post which ones they are...I know both copies worked. It took me a couple of tries at different places before someone found some that worked. You're best off going to an actual locksmith, they usually have a wider variety of key blanks and are willing to experiment a little.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When I had copies made, they told me that the one for the boxes is the same as a Jaguar ignition key, believe it or not! If I was home, I could see which one they used for the ignition key. I'll have to check it out and refresh my memory a little and post which ones they are...I know both copies worked. It took me a couple of tries at different places before someone found some that worked. You're best off going to an actual locksmith, they usually have a wider variety of key blanks and are willing to experiment a little.
Great News! @Eyellgeteven

Look forward to hearing what worked for the ignition key.

Thanks

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks

Do you have any contact info for J5?

What year is your Roxor?

Is the number stamped on the side 640, 655 or something else.

Did the keys get pre-cut or just blanks?

Thanks @HellGoat
I would just Google J5 tractor and ask for Roxor parts. They will send you to the Normangee store. Ask for Travis, he was very helpful and knowledgeable.

I have a 2018.

I do not see a number stamped on them but they are the standard ignition keys.

They are blanks. I took the original key with the blanks to Lowe’s and they cut them just fine.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Replace those locks on the lock boxes with RV style combination locks.

Ridem32

Got my keys in today.
This is the blank on Amazon
I talked to the guy at Lost A Key. He said our key code is the number pressed into the shank. These keys are all precut to this key number.
If you send him a picture of your key and the number pressed into the side of the shank he can get you the correct precut key. Our ignition switch is a Cole Hersee switch.

Great information. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bought the key blanks that Togo showed in his post from Amazon. Then took them to my local locksmith, At this point I was told that they wouldn't work because the profile was a mirror image. However they had the correct blanks in stock and did make two keys for me. They also made a key for the under seat storage. It does appear to be a Jag key. So if you live around southwest Michigan J and J locksmiths in Kalamazoo can make you keys. The blank Togo listed has R stamped at the end of the code mine needed L stamped at the end. I suspect this difference is normal for different vehicals.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have found the holy grail .... after 4 locksmiths, visiting a Mahindra tractor dealer and 2 Ace hardware stores!

Much as he tried, the Mahindra parts guy couldn't match it [if he had he said they charge $18/key] but then suggested going to the Ace hardware store down the road and look through ATV and motorcycle keys [they've had some success doing that in the past]. I was skeptical because I had tried an Ace in the middle of my search but gave it a shot.

Sure enough, found a guy who knew what he was doing and he was able to match it to a Hillman 188 [he didn't even bother with atv/motorcycle keys]. Cut me 2 with a complete guarantee if they didn't work but they did. Best part: $3 a key and I like the 'head' of the key better: larger and more heft.

Search no more, a simple solution is readily available.

ROXOR spare Key Hillman 188.jpg

lcp

Has anyone found a key blank brand and number for the underseat lock boxes? I saw the mention of it being identical to a Jaguar ignition key, but is there a code to go with that?