ooooooooooo

Just changed fluids and filters, now it won’t start.

Ctxmav

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey guys, weird thing happened. My 2018 roxor with 1,500 miles needed an oil change so I turned it on and ran the engine about 15 minutes then turned off and drained the oil. While the oils drained I took off the fuel filter housing and replaced the filter and o ring. I also replaced the air filter which was dirty. Put the oil plug in and filled it with oil. Checked everything, turned it on and drove for about 15 minutes around the property.

Next morning I went out and it wouldn’t start. The engine turned over and fired up but immediately died. Same thing kept happening. I took the fuel filter back off and checked it, seemed fine. I have fuel coming into the fuel filter for sure but not sure what’s going on after that. Checked the oil and it’s good.

Has anyone had this happen? Not sure what else to check, I could use some help, what am I missing? Thanks in advance. Mike.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Isnt there a fuel purge valve you have to adjust after you change the fuel filter to get the air out of the lines?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Isnt there a fuel purge valve you have to adjust after you change the fuel filter to get the air out of the lines?
I didn’t. Make sure the o ring is seated properly and lubricatsd. Screw filter on all the way. Then cycle the key a few times so the pump circulates fuel and purges any air before starting.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
did you fill the fuel filter before putting it on? All diesels need need them filled so there is no air in the system. You may need to bleed the injectors by cracking them a bit, turn the engine over until you see them leak and retighten. Should fire right up.

Harry

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 7.26.52 AM.png

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
did you fill the fuel filter before putting it on? All diesels need need them filled so there is no air in the system. You may need to bleed the injectors by cracking them a bit, turn the engine over until you see them leak and retighten. Should fire right up.
He drove it for 15 minutes after changing the filter. The CR pump self bleeds air.

Ctxmav

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry for not updating, new member and couldn't remember my login. It's back up and running now. Bled the injectors but it still didn't work. Got to the Bosch fuel injection pump between the fuel filter and fuel rail and heard what sounded like a vacuum leak. Squeezed the line while it primed and heard the noise go away. Turned the key and it fired up. Weird. Probably had a little air bubble still in the line. Anyways, thanks for all the advice, so glad I didn't have to take it in anywhere.