ooooooooooo

Transfer Box Lever Sticks

chilly_willy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Howdy, folks. I recently bought a used 19 Roxor. Overall, I'm pretty happy. However, my transfer box lever is extremely difficult to move. It won't budge, and then all the sudden it move easy as pie. Sometimes I have to slam it with the palm of my hand to get it out of neutral. Any ideas on what's causing this, or is there a trick to doing it? I've tried everything I can think of. Seems to work more often when first letting out the clutch, but I could be imagining that (yes, I know that going to 4L should be done when not moving). Anyway I greatly appreciate any wisdom you can impart!

Will

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It works best if you’re rolling slightly and it eventually gets much easier to use. There are a few threads on here about it.

chilly_willy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the quick replay, guys! I did a cursory search but obviously should have done better. I appreciate your replying anyway. I guess I'll continue to roll slowly and slam the crap out if it!

Will

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the quick replay, guys! I did a cursory search but obviously should have done better. I appreciate your replying anyway. I guess I'll continue to roll slowly and slam the crap out if it!

Will
Yeah man, rolling just a little seriously helps. Every now and then I won’t look ahead and will need to shift into 4wd too late and can’t role lol. It helps to glue the shift knob on too. Mine used to slip off so easily. It had gotten super smooth to shift now though.

chilly_willy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Collen, it's funny you'd mention the shift knob. When trying everything, I suggested to my passenger pulling up on it when trying to move it. He gave it a mighty tug, and the knob suddenly came off, and his hand slammed into the underside of the dash. He now has a giant knot on the back of his hand. What adhesive did you use?

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Collen, it's funny you'd mention the shift knob. When trying everything, I suggested to my passenger pulling up on it when trying to move it. He gave it a mighty tug, and the knob suddenly came off, and his hand slammed into the underside of the dash. He now has a giant knot on the back of his hand. What adhesive did you use?
Yeah I did that same thing too. I used gorilla glue and it seems to do the trick. I love this machine but I have no idea why they made some of the choices they did. Why are there no threads on that knob holding it on? Why is the knob different from the other one? Why is the stick on it so damn short and far away? We’ll never know lol.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(

CW,

Crawl under the beast and make sure all the cotter pins are in correctly as well. Of the 3 or 4, been two years now, 2 were not flared out, 1 was spread a tiny bit, one was almost out! Lol. Friday , 4:00 pm built. BEER 30 I guess? lol.

It does get smoother with use, rocking with gears and or slight roll does help. Remember, No syncros in there.

BDRAG

chilly_willy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Collin, thanks for the tip. My buddy is going to give me the stink eye when I console him that he is not alone. In my case, things are further obscured by my not knowing WTF I'm going--I'm new to 4WD, so I don't know what's Mahindra weirdness and what's just me.

BDRAG, that's pretty scary. I'll def check that out. Years ago I rode around in an Army jeep--all of them sounded like gear teeth were being sheared off every time you shifted gears. I was assured that was normal. Beer 30 also applies to whoever tack welded my tailgate latch sightly in the wrong place--just enough so the foam seal is useless, but the door works.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Collin, thanks for the tip. My buddy is going to give me the stink eye when I console him that he is not alone. In my case, things are further obscured by my not knowing WTF I'm going--I'm new to 4WD, so I don't know what's Mahindra weirdness and what's just me.

BDRAG, that's pretty scary. I'll def check that out. Years ago I rode around in an Army jeep--all of them sounded like gear teeth were being sheared off every time you shifted gears. I was assured that was normal. Beer 30 also applies to whoever tack welded my tailgate latch sightly in the wrong place--just enough so the foam seal is useless, but the door works.
All good man. Overall the machine is amazing just a few weird things. Remember it wasn’t designed in CAD and built with laser precision like new cars. It’s old school and requires you to get dirty sometimes. Like BDRAG said, just Check underneath every now and then and tighten up suspension bolts semi regularly. As far as being new to off roading, these things are point and shoot lol. They’ll crawl over anything.

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Also, did you try slamming the tailgate, you have to really slam it. There’s also a thread on here about the rhino lining being in the way of the latch. Search the tailgate issue.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I had the exact same problem with my transfer case when I first got my machine. When it was new I found the getting onto a slight incline and letting it roll back as you feather the clutch into first gear while also moving the transfer case lever worked wonders. A year later I have very little difficulty getting into for low without rolling the vehicle..

chilly_willy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks, us17094. I'll try that. I live in the mountains, so no prob on the incline, though the "slight" part might be an issue. :)