ooooooooooo

70 miles on the Odometer and a Couple weird things

Boomer

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am starting to think it is a glitch in the ECM that no one wants to owe up to dealer says drive it got a warranty but it sure hard to listen to.

Mr. T

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I've had my Roxor for about 2 weeks now. I've driven it 70 miles so I'm still in the breakin phase. I've noticed when driving that if I rev the engine higher than 2500 rpm's I hear a little pinging noise. I also notice a burning smell. Is this something that will go away after she's broken in?
Make sure you only use fresh diesel fuel and use additive to fuel that they sell at any major Truck Stops. This additive is good for your engine, break in period and lubricant your fuel pump, pistons, etc. As diesel fuels are now low sulfur due to government regulations. Old type diesel fuel "Red Dye Off Road Diesel" has higher Sulfur Content which
Actually Lubricants Engine While Burning.
Sincerely, Mr. T.

Mr. T

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
This was very helpful. Thanks. Now if only I could find a cab enclosure kit similar to the one besttop makes for the cj7
www.rallytops.com 1-800-664-8677
Makes fiberglass full & half hard tops with doors at reasonable price for ROXOR.
They been making after market tops for Jeeps and other vehicles for years.
Keep On 4 Wheeling. Sincerely Mr. T.

EH Jeff

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've had my Roxor for about 2 weeks now. I've driven it 70 miles so I'm still in the breakin phase. I've noticed when driving that if I rev the engine higher than 2500 rpm's I hear a little pinging noise. I also notice a burning smell. Is this something that will go away after she's broken in?
The engine is rated at 3200 RPM'S, But torque is rated at 2200 RPM'S. Being that the engine is ECU controlled, it is possible that the "Pinging" is being caused by the ECU cutting out cylinders, or adjusting injection timing to compensate for driving conditions that are exceeding the programmed rpm parameters. Try gearing up or down 1 gear under the same driving conditions to see if the ping goes away. As far as the smell goes, as others stated, it IS normal. and will eventually go away. Same as "That new car smell". Hope this helps.