ooooooooooo

HVAC heater

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So I have not bought a ROXOR yet, but I have been planing my "perfect build" once I get one. Anybody thought about installing a heater in theirs? I live in Michigan and when I get one I feel a heater would be a requirement on those -10 deg days. Thinking about something like the Flex-A-Lite Mojave Heater. If anybody has installed one I would appreciate any info on what worked good and what did not.
flx-640_w_ml.jpg

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was looking at those exactly aswell. I'm curious as to how the dash is setup to possibly have a windshield defrost. Looking at underhood pictures, a heater would be too easy to install. You can see the heater hose plugs in the firewall and you can see how the heater hose comes off the engine and is looped right back in. Considering the dash is flat, mounting a heater on the backside "should" be easy. The more I read though, they have heaters, a/c, heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel in the works. But I'll believe it when I see it.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a "JEGS" hotrod heater I pulled out of a 61 CJ5. Planned on using that. There are 4 ports in the firewall seemingly prepped for just such a beast.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I planned on using electrified element film to defrost. The original design of the CJs windshield ducting method was terrible for rust. I don't plan on recreating that.

B

Bister

I put one of these in my Yamaha Rhino. Then I put one of those house register deflectors covering 2/3rd’s to force air down to my feet and legs vs blowing in my face.

1F562252-8ECC-4FDF-B047-691DF2B2DEE1.jpeg

B

Bister

Actually just checking, this is the one I have, but the bigger one would be better for a Roxor. It works good and I have the Rhino “cabbed” up pretty good, but there are a lot of air leaks. They are not designed at all for winter use.
752E74D3-16DD-42C5-8C2D-4DACA9C18F92.jpeg
9CEFD533-8910-4468-AC09-FE4F4C670D6B.jpeg

cohocarl

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So I have not bought a ROXOR yet, but I have been planing my "perfect build" once I get one. Anybody thought about installing a heater in theirs? I live in Michigan and when I get one I feel a heater...

I'm in the same boat as you...and could almost actually be in the same boat...I'm about 15 miles N of MBS. (Howdy)

I looked up some part schematics for the Thar and came across the attached pic of their heater hoses which show where the factory lines connect just in case I do get a Roxor.

I also did a little searching around to the different heater core/fan boxs. For the price, the ones at Jegs don't look too bad, and there's quite a few different assemblies on Amazon & Fleabay. Would probably need a water valve to turn off the flow in the summer.

There are $600 assemblies for UTV's that places are trying to sell that make me chuckle...it's a heater core in a box with a fan!o_O

HeaterHoseTaps.jpg

Premix5150

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm thinking of installing a heater something like out of a 70s Bronco, I know my 71 works a lot better than my friends Jeep heaters any ideas or thoughts on this?

HTW

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm thinking of installing a heater something like out of a 70s Bronco, I know my 71 works a lot better than my friends Jeep heaters any ideas or thoughts on this?
I am not that familiar with early Bronco's so I am afraid I can't be much help, but if you do get one to work please keep us updated.

B

Bister

Part available as dealer install only. Looking at a $600-700 heater, lol.

I think when they say "dealer install only" they are actually saying it is an add on after manufacturing and not done in the factory even if you order a Roxor with a heater, not that you can't install it yourself. I know guys that can't or don't want to and they have more money than they do mechanical skills, so they would get the dealer to install it.

HOTROD87

Yes after purchase add on not a factory installed option yet....... Looks like the defrost will be an option ?? and not part of the original kit though which is strange. Hope these show up soon.