ooooooooooo

GOING TO DO A REAL GOOD INSPECTION.....

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Well, It looks like I will need to do a real good inspection of all the fasteners, wire routs, hose routing. Why? I was showing off the new toy to a co worker who stopped in for a look. I had the hood up and he is calling out things like, there's the tiny turbo, what's the pump on the back of the alternator, look at this and that. Then he says, check out your grounding bolt!!! Its not even tight!

So I say, SHUT UP! Your just messing with me. He says no look! Sure as *hit! There is a bolt on the front left side under the injector plumbing where there are a few grounding wires and the bolts looks like the mechanic at the factory or dealer did not even attempt to synch it down. WTF! HAHaaaaa. DAMNIT JIM !

So I will be doing a major preflight this coming weekend during the blinker install, windshield install and hard top install.

BDRAG

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
DAMIT JIM! Haha.

Let us know if you find anything else.
Good thing these things are back to the basics. A Jeep these days would go completely haywire with a loose ground.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Well its not like you can get mad about it. Damn thing is like a step child with 8 sets of parents. Built here and there from this and that and it is put together by real people in a small new factory less than a year old. OJT! And its not street legal so if it breaks down it won't interfere with traffic flow! Hhaaaaaa.

BDRAG

jdlee

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We had company over for dinner tonight and as soon as they got here the husband was like, what's the Jeep in your driveway. I just gave a grin and we walked out the door to go see it. Walked around, kicked the tires and opened the hood. Showed off the pretty little diesel and then went to start it up and had no lights on the dash, not even a blip of power. Turned out that the ignition harness was loose. Clicked it in and fired right up.

I will be doing an inspection of mine as well.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I went with the sidebysidestuff.com kit. Turn Signal Kit w| Column Switch - Mahindra ROXOR. I chose it because it has the old school signal stat stalk type lever for the column.

I went with the Fortress set up with the tip out at bottom windshield and the hard top that it mounts to. Also have a single wiper kit. Bought it at the dealer. DOT front glass not plex. http://www.fortressatv.com/products/windshields/ . Bought a cheap ole license bracket from Amazon. Blinker kit arrives today, license bracket tommarra and I picked up the lid and shield at dealer yesterday. So its gonna be a busy weekend. I think I'm done spending?

After the street legal craps out of the way, I will prolly go back to rag top and no shield.:)

BDRAG

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I'll post this in another place as well. The discussion started here sooooooo.

Ok. Long week of nights in the garage alone! HAhaaaa. No watching the food channel or Dr. Pol. I got the Fortress steel roof and their flip out windshield installed. I re mounted the Light Bar to the steel roof. I then got the blinker stalk installed. OMG that old school blinker attachment using the steel strap looped through the small clips and getting it the right length was a total *itch! I have bad arthritis in my hands which made it even worse but once done, EXACTLY what I wanted. I mounted it down the steering column a bit so if I am flailing at the steering wheel I don't knock the piss out of it by accident!

We, we because my buddy did most of the work, got the blinkers wired and up and running. The kit I bought from sidebyside stuff was a big help. I used the signal stat stalk and 2 of the LED lights in the front. The kit came with assorted wire types and crimp connectors. One wire type was a 4 wire in a grey casing. We used that to run back to the unused turn lights at the top of the OEM tail light. He ran a cross wire over from one light to the other along and inside the rear frame in a piece of convoluted tubing, along side the factory harness there. He spliced into a wire at each light near the connectors. Not sure color. Green and yellow maybe? He then tie wrapped the new tubing to the OEM wire.

He then ran that grey wire up to the engine compartment. You don't really need the whole kit even though it comes with the relay and the wiring, all can be bought by them selves at less money but for me, I liked having it all there. Options.

We popped out the dash switch plug to the left of the light bar switch that had a wiring harness running to it. We traced the wires and found a hot fused wire labeled rear LED lights. One wire is hot when ignition is on or Access is selected. So we snagged a short piece of that grey 4 wire and I drilled a small hole on the bottom side of the large bung that the OEM harness passes through to the passenger compartment just above the steering column. He found wires to the fuse box in this connector and used the grounds as well. So all the turn lights are grounded through a wiring harness and not to the chassis. My choice.

I am not sure of what wires did what but I will pick his brain in a few days. He pulled all the wires through the dash to crimp and so on all the wires including the flasher relay. Once all was hooked up he popped the dash blank back into the hole and re attached the OEM plug back to it. Then he tie wrapped it all up to the existing harness running over to the fuse box. I then added convoluted tubing around the signal stat wires that were exposed below the factory signal stat wires to make it all the same. I then gave it all a good wrap of electrical tape.

I made some 2 wire harnesses from the front turn lights I had installed down below the head lights. I ran these up and along the inner front fenders with existing wires. I tie wrapping every 6-10 inches. All the wires from inside and the 2 front blinkers came together just above the brake booster. He tied it all up and wrapped it in electrical tape. I then tie wrapped it up nice and neat.

I then attached a simple LED license tag bracket under the left rear tail light. He then wired it into the hot wire attached to the rear running lights. Simple and straight forward. He did run the ground wire to the bolt attaching the bracket to the body.

I am going to try and attach a few pics. We will see what develops.

Oh and I did not find any more loose S H I T any where that I was working near or around. Yeeeee Haaaawwwwwww.

BDRAG

IMG_20180901_082532[1].jpgIMG_20180901_183944[1].jpgIMG_20180901_183953[1].jpgIMG_20180901_184027[1].jpgIMG_20180901_184033[1].jpgIMG_20180901_184127[1].jpgIMG_20180901_184133[1].jpgIMG_20180901_235523[1].jpgIMG_20180901_235536[1].jpgIMG_20180901_235700~2[1].jpg

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
BDRAG, your set up looks awesome like it came out of the factory, how much was the windshield and roof and did you install yourself?

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Also does it suck in the dust from the windshield up front and the back open like the Venturi effect? I live in the desert so that’s a real concern for me.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
BDRAG, your set up looks awesome like it came out of the factory, how much was the windshield and roof and did you install yourself?
Shortbus, I'll post you a pm on pricing. I don't want one of those price war games or that type thing. I know I posted the signal kit price. I should not have.

Anyway, the roof and windshield is made in Waco Texas by a company called Fortress. The roof is required to mount the windshield since the hinges mount to the roof. My dealer had a set in stock and I had the I CAN'T WAIT bug. So they got me and I manned Up. Yes I installed it by myself except for getting the roof atop the roll gage. Size and weight was just too much for my old fat ass. Lol. Attaching the windshield was a real B I T C H! I have fat fingers and the 4 screws and nuts that attach the windshield hinges to the roof are in a tight spot between the roof front lip and the windshield front surface. Oh and the pull handle was installed upside down for some reason. So if you buy and install, don't throw the windshield up without checking first. Handle should curve up towards the top.

I purchased the wiper kit but it has not come in yet. Its a single wiper set up and is located in the top left corner of the windshield.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Also does it suck in the dust from the windshield up front and the back open like the Venturi effect? I live in the desert so that’s a real concern for me.

As far as the dust question? I have no idea. I am in the concrete jungle and have only 10 miles on the unit so far. I will say it does bring the air in and up along the windshields inside surface and not necessarily across your face. So maybe it will force the air out the back? Sorry I can't answer that one. I did call them direct last week and they will answer questions on the phone.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I agree, excellent work. Nice and clean looking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thank you sir! I tend to be a tad anal since I built corporate jet interiors for almost 20 years . LOL!

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Oh, one other anal thing I did during install. The brackets that have the windshield rubber thingies receptacle, they attach and contact the surface of the dash and the top painted surface behind the windshield. I covered the bottom surfaces of the 2 brackets with TRIM BRITE, a lower rocker panel clear plastic tape I use on everything. I don't want any rubbing off of paint. You can buy it at almost any auto parts in the pin stripe decal section. Comes in clear, black pebble grain and carbon look. $20 bucks for a 5 inch x 10 foot roll.

It cuts with scissors and sticks to any flat surface. I used it on motorcycle gas tanks for 20 years to protect the paint from magnetic tank bag dents. One your done, it peels right off with no left over residue.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
So someone posted that they found their gas peddle assy. loose. I went out and sure enough, My top attaching screw was not tightened home. It was tight as far as it took much effort to turn it. I tightened it till it seated the washer. Looks to me like maybe the install tooling is not set with a high enough torque setting. It was not cross threaded, just a tight hole.

Now that I have had my eyes and hands on the gas peddle assy. I think its a *hit poor design. I GARANTEE some of us are going to bust that peddle clean off the mounting / pivot. Its 100% plastic and it does not stop against the floor board or anything. So a hard tromp on the gas looks to me like it could bust the *hit out of it. I can see recall for travel stop or metal replacements. I may build a clamp on stop to the peddle.

BDRAG

sandyx

Founding Member
I believe the drive by wire throttle assy in rox is shared with Thar crde. Not sure if it comes in Indian DI Thar. Below is a four year old pic of the crde pedal assy. Does the unit look similar to the one in rox? A few clear pics of rox assy would be nice too.

Front matt.jpg

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Yes, it looks similar.

BDRAG

Roxor pic 3.jpg

Last edited:

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with the sidebysidestuff.com kit. Turn Signal Kit w| Column Switch - Mahindra ROXOR. I chose it because it has the old school signal stat stalk type lever for the column.

I went with the Fortress set up with the tip out at bottom windshield and the hard top that it mounts to. Also have a single wiper kit. Bought it at the dealer. DOT front glass not plex. http://www.fortressatv.com/products/windshields/ . Bought a cheap ole license bracket from Amazon. Blinker kit arrives today, license bracket tommarra and I picked up the lid and shield at dealer yesterday. So its gonna be a busy weekend. I think I'm done spending?

After the street legal craps out of the way, I will prolly go back to rag top and no shield.:)

BDRAG
Hey I followed the link to fortressatv.com but cannot figure out which windshield you got, you have round corners on your windshield and all of theirs are rectangular corners. They are also categorized by the respective make model UTV. Could you link to exact item, please. I really like it since it keeps the original roll cage. Could you photograph how the windshield connects to the hard top. Thank you.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Go to products. Pick 2018, then make, roxor, then modle, roxor, then accessories and you will see a list. Select tip out windshields..

You must have the fortress metal roof. The roof attaches using existing roll cage bolt front and rear. The wind shield then attaches to roof with 2 hinges that have 2 bolts each. Those hinges are a *itch to get in if you do the job by yourself. Tip. Leave at least the front roll cage attach points pretty loose until hinges are on. I then had to re locate the light bar and that's another story. Lol.

I bought mine through my dealer. Big boxes. Had to have help to set roof on. I have the Velcro on grab handles and just relocated them aft a tad. The complete instal would be easy with two people.

BDRAG

Last edited: