ooooooooooo

Getting roxor street legal or not!

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I live in minnesota and my dealership took care of all the dmv work to get mine street legal
So, are you saying that Michigan allows non-residents to register vehicles? I was under the impression that this was very rare...limited to South Dakata.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, are you saying that Michigan allows non-residents to register vehicles? I was under the impression that this was very rare...limited to South Dakata.
Sure am. It takes forever but they do allow it. Will have to make two trips to the state to get it done unless you get someone who lives there to take care of the whole process for you. I bought my Roxor from a dealership in Marquette they have taken care of the whole process for me.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Sure am. It takes forever but they do allow it. Will have to make two trips to the state to get it done unless you get someone who lives there to take care of the whole process for you. I bought my Roxor from a dealership in Marquette they have taken care of the whole process for me.
That is awesome! I may do this, since I do spend time in Michigan on business now and then. What are each of the two indvidual trips to the state needed for?

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Alabama does not license side by sides for road use. However, they do license "mini-trucks." My local dealer here in Alabama has ordered some Roxors with cabs and all the options which will define it as a mini-truck. With that status, it can go anywhere except the interstate highways. Once those vehicles come in, they will test the system and see if it theory works.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So yours is street legal in MN now?
Technically will be street legal in all 50 states when they drill in my new vin and hand me the new title. Will have full size plates when I bring the new title in to the minnesota dmv.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That is awesome! I may do this, since I do spend time in Michigan on business now and then. What are each of the two indvidual trips to the state needed for?
1st is the inspection from the police officer to make sure you have all the items to make it street legal.
2nd is when they return come to drill in the new vin and hand you the new title. Each step waited roughly 4 + weeks a piece.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live two hours west of Minneapolis and I have drive it there, then to St. Cloud and back. Plan to hit the Minnesota river valley this weekend.

Question for you. When you got your title from SD, does it say off-road use only? Also, do you get back your Manufacture Certificate of Origin?

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Question for you. When you got your title from SD, does it say off-road use only? Also, do you get back your Manufacture Certificate of Origin?
They keep the MSO and I haven’t got title back yet.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I called an office in South Dakato and the lady indicated they indicate off road use only on the registration card.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I called an office in South Dakato and the lady indicated they indicate off road use only on the registration card.

Yup and so many people think that that motorcycle plate makes them street legal in all states.

T-Towndawgg

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Alabama does not license side by sides for road use. However, they do license "mini-trucks." My local dealer here in Alabama has ordered some Roxors with cabs and all the options which will define it as a mini-truck. With that status, it can go anywhere except the interstate highways. Once those vehicles come in, they will test the system and see if it theory works.
Which dealer? I'm in Tuscaloosa and definitely will give them a shout. I've hit a dead end every which way to try getting one tagged short of going full rogue. Which may still happen.

Screw Alabama and their backassward ways. Insurance lobby owns this pathetic gutless bunch in Montgomery. Gone so far as to try buying engine and wiring harness directly from Mahindra and build it myself with an old CJ7. Most never call back and the only one who did quoted me an outrageous price, and that was if he could even get it. Sure would have been fun project to build, and the fact that I would have bought all the parts out of state or online to deny AL one damn cent of tax revenue and then registered it with a vintage, one-time only tag would have been poetic justice.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Technically will be street legal in all 50 states when they drill in my new vin and hand me the new title. Will have full size plates when I bring the new title in to the minnesota dmv.
The VIN is actually just a sticker

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Probably already posted it but I’d really like to see your title. Interested if Mahindra or Roxor is on title.
No it’s not just assembled roadster. Some have been assembled truck too . I’d be Leary if I was to do a title swap with another state to let them know it was originally a Roxor.

MaineRox

Screw Alabama and their backassward ways. Insurance lobby owns this pathetic gutless bunch in Montgomery. Gone so far as to try buying engine and wiring harness directly from Mahindra and build it myself with an old CJ7. Most never call back and the only one who did quoted me an outrageous price, and that was if he could even get it. Sure would have been fun project to build, and the fact that I would have bought all the parts out of state or online to deny AL one damn cent of tax revenue and then registered it with a vintage, one-time only tag would have been poetic justice.

I contacted Mahindra, a few months ago, about doing that with my CJ2A and they told me the engines aren't for sale yet.

MaineRox

Same thing in Maine. "off road use only" seems to be the killer phrase. Can't find a work around as long as that phrase is there.

MaineRox

I think that law applies to manufacturers that produce less than 325 units per year. Mahindra is clearly over that threshold
Where's the guy that created the Roxor Willys? He could start a business and sell 324 more this year and make himself a bundle. :)