ooooooooooo

Engine underpowered??

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On second thought I would probably leave all intact for the summer and just roll up the sides and rear and just swap out the doors. Does this make sense?

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On second thought I would probably leave all intact for the summer and just roll up the sides and rear and just swap out the doors. Does this make sense?
Yes, makes complete sense. The full top is great in the summer. The sides don’t roll up, they are removed. The back panel either rolls up or is removed. Removal preferred. Doors remove easily as well. I don’t have a photo of mine this way but here’s one that shows it with the doors still on. It’s much better with the doors off.

Attachments

• 1765490D-DF81-4499-BBB6-B2725A29562C.jpeg
    1765490D-DF81-4499-BBB6-B2725A29562C.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 156

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sounds good. Since I already have the bikini top I guess I could either sell it or trade it in then and just use the top from the full enclosure. Thanks Mpm!

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Diesel freak ...Wade's the guy there , he also increased the glow plug time for better winter starts plus several other options as well. Call him and compare both tunes and options ....
Mickeybobs does the diesel freak ECU upgrade come with the intake conversion kit? Or is that an additional expense.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just wondering if the diesel freak ECU upgrade comes with the intake modification kit as well? Or additional expense.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just wondering if the diesel freak ECU upgrade comes with the intake modification kit as well? Or additional expense.
its just a ecu tune. works fine by its self. if you have any questions about the tune. call diesel freak

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Woodhound: The ECU upgrade means the ECU is reprogrammed.
The higher power tunes come with a boost valve you need to install. The boost valve has a higher pressure setting (a higher "resistance") than the factory waste gate. This lets the turbo build more pressures.
Anything else are additional components: intake hald down, intake connection kit, the intake tube that replaces the "golden tube"....

Before you remove the ECU, look for some posts on how to open and close the connector. In essence: 1. disconnect the battery. 2. Make sure no zip ties block the connector (lever and slide) to open and move freely. 3. As you lift the lever on the connector, make sure the slide moves freely. Help the slide with one hand as you lift the lever with the other. 4. Pull the connector straight up. Install in reverse order.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Woodhound: The ECU upgrade means the ECU is reprogrammed.
The higher power tunes come with a boost valve you need to install. The boost valve has a higher pressure setting (a higher "resistance") than the factory waste gate. This lets the turbo build more pressures.
Anything else are additional components: intake hald down, intake connection kit, the intake tube that replaces the "golden tube"....

Before you remove the ECU, look for some posts on how to open and close the connector. In essence: 1. disconnect the battery. 2. Make sure no zip ties block the connector (lever and slide) to open and move freely. 3. As you lift the lever on the connector, make sure the slide moves freely. Help the slide with one hand as you lift the lever with the other. 4. Pull the connector straight up. Install in reverse order.
definitely need a intake hold down with a stage 2 tune.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you my friends. I have seen several youtube videos on the ECU removal. They are all very helpful. I have also seen the intake modification video by diesel freak. I also remember there being a clamp with 2 bolts to hold everything down. Is there something in addition to that clamp? This week I'll give Wade a call. I just want to have all my questions written down before I call him.

Thank You Azrox for the step by step as well.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just tell him what you want to do. The lower ideal. I would do 800 rpm. People are happy with both. But I would split the difference.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you want the OTR intake hold down bracket pm me your address and I’ll find mine and ship it to you. I removed it and went with the diesel freaks intake connection kit.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with Gilomen stage 2. Only 300 for same upgrade. Couldn't see spending 600 for what I can get for cheaper
CJ2Rox, did you upgrade the intake with the Gilomen or left it stock. That is a big difference in price between Gilomen and diesel freak.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just bought the hold down bracket. Gillomen just offers the computer upgrade

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn't realize there was an upgraded hold down bracket. Thought it was factory. I will look into that. Thanks!

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very affordable option

Attachments

• Resized_20210915_172605.jpeg
    Resized_20210915_172605.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 151

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn't realize there was an upgraded hold down bracket. Thought it was factory. I will look into that. Thanks!
If you want it don’t buy it. I have one laying around I’ll send you.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you want the OTR intake hold down bracket pm me your address and I’ll find mine and ship it to you. I removed it and went with the diesel freaks intake connection kit.
Sounds good. I might just take you up on your offer!. Just wondering why you decided to go with DF intake modification. Have you noticed a big difference?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No big difference in power noticed but I wanted reassurance that my connection would stay tight. The DF is a much better built and engineered solution.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good to know and thanks. I'm not looking for a race car. I'm just looking for something to give me more power to the transmission. To be honest, the stock set up between the engine and automatic transmission is horrible!. It can't get out of it's own way!

If you still have that hold down bracket I would try it. Unfortunately I am new to this and don't know how to PM you.